4.02.2017

Go Bold or Go Home

Hi Friends!

I spent the weekend on the picturesque, central coast of California. I went to hear my oldest son's college band compete in the Next Generation Monterey Jazz Festival. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect weekend - I had my family, jazz twelve hours a day, we were steps from the ocean, and were bathed in warm sunny weather. Yes, I was in heaven. Since I was away, I didn't have time to create my usual style story, but I did want to show you the look I wore to the Chico's style event called the Leopard Lounge. Many of you follow me on Instagram as well, and saw me post the look (last image below). Still, I want you to see the entire look head-to-toe.  

I was inspired by the necklace worn in this look - a bold, squash blossom styled necklace in simulated silver pearls and Lapis stones. It is indeed a statement piece. Chico's is known for its unique jewelry that is reminiscent of Mexican and Navajo folk art. You can't purchase from the store without topping your look with their unique stamp on jewelry. Their take on accessorizing is a catalyst to the statement - Go Bold or Go Home. Though I've acquired quite a collection of Chico's jewelry, this one is, by far, one of the boldest I own. Since the necklace is such a conversation piece, it was necessary for me to let it be the center of attention. Therefore, I constructed an easy ensemble that is classic with a touch of Southwest to complement the native tradition of the squash blossom necklace (To learn more about the origins of this type of necklace, click History). I hope you enjoy, Go Bold or Go Home.

 
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Chico's. I received compensation in exchange for sharing with my blog public. Although this post is a partnership, all opinions are my own.

Outfit Details:






 

 
From the Chico's Leopard Lounge Style Event

Before you go...
  1. There's a reading of the Introduction of True Style: A Look Beyond the Surface on my So What to Twenty library page as well as the library page at glendakharrison.com. Click either link to enjoy the reading.
  2. Read what others are saying about True Style: A Look Beyond the Surface
Available on Createspace, Amazon and Kindle

I know how busy life can be. I thank you for placing So What to Twenty at the top of your weekly reading list. It is my hope the So What to Twenty community brings you inspiration for every aspect of your life - spirit, mind, body and wardrobe. Please be sure to subscribe. I wouldn't want you to miss any posts. I hope you have an incredible week!

Stay True,
Glenda
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
 You can also find So What to Twenty on the following Social Networks:
Picture It
Pin to Win
Bloglovin
Link Ups:
Visible Monday

  Photography under the creative direction of Fred Harrison

8 comments:

  1. That necklace is really out of this world gorgeous! Love you whole casual chic look, and thanks so much for linking. xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Patti, I agree - this necklace is everything!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Stephannie! I really love this outfit too :)

      Delete
  3. What a stylish look here, Glenda. I love the necklace and hat combo to amp up the classic white top and boyfriend jeans. The shoes are the exclamation point to complete the look. I see these pieces working well here and in other outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shon! Yes, I love having a universal wardrobe. These looks can work with a multitude of pieces in my wardrobe. I wouldn't have selected them if they didn't :)

      Delete
  4. You knocked it out of the park again, Glenda! This outfit represents my favorite concert uniform. Denim, white shirt, black shoes, and killer jewelry. And our jazzy sons gotta love having stylish moms in their audiences, right? But I have to ask... do the shoelaces stay up? I have a pair of similar shoes, but with thick leather ties, and they slip down in a most annoying way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sons think I'm such a girly-girl. They tease me, but I know they appreciate my need to look on point for a variety of occasions. Mithra, I must say, I LOVE this entire look. I have several tie-up shoes and the thin ties never fall down. Like you, I do have a pair of thicker ties that fall on occasion, but I notice it happens when I have on lots of lotion or oil on my legs.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda