3.12.2017

Breathe

I often think of the show Scandal, and the crazy, chaotic life of the leading character, Olivia Pope. My sister and I often have discussions that refer to the fictitious Pope. We make comments like, "Who could live like that...always hard-wired and stressed out?" When I did tune-in to watch, the only down time I witnessed Pope having, was an occasional evening alone with a glass of red wine and a tub of popcorn. If I lived my life like this woman, without periods set aside throughout the day to breathe, I would undoubtedly hurl myself in front of a moving truck. Please, just put me out of my misery.

Unlike Olivia Pope, I relish in times of tranquil solitude. It is within these precious times of peace - clarity meets me straight on. Nothing revives me more than time spent in complete silence. I understand for some, spending time in this manner is quite difficult. I have heard others state they feel intimidated by this process, or they would rather not partake because they don't want to hear their own thoughts. Perhaps, because of my introverted nature, being alone to breathe comes natural. Nevertheless, even with my tendency to need alone time, it is a skill that I, too, had to develop.  

The life I have created for myself, though it is exciting and often glamorous, there comes with it, an area that I find challenging. Being an author and influencer requires me to be "On" quite often. What do I mean by On? I have to put myself out there in the public eye; whether I'm in front of a camera, at a meet-and-greet, or speaking at an event, these types of activities can be difficult for me. Rather than avoiding them, I welcome the challenge, but I know I must follow-up with time set aside to breathe. This is the way I refuel, think, remain in touch with myself, pray, get centered, seek direction, etc.

Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Chico's. I received compensation in exchange for sharing with my blog public. Although this post is a partnership, all opinions are my own.

For today's style story I'm wearing a very appropriate ensemble for such a time as this - the Zenergy Sport Collection from Chico's. The perfect outfit for enjoying times of leisure, whether it be exercise, a quiet stroll in a park, or simply sitting and enjoying your favorite beverage. The ensemble is stylish, comfortable, it moves with my body, and it breathes. This is how to look and feel relaxed while keeping a high standard of wardrobe integrity.
 


    


 



Sartorial Savvy:
The great debate has been whether or not it is appropriate to wear yoga pants (leggings) as street wear. In my opinion, it depends on the condition of such pants. If you're schlumping around in beat-up, ultra sheer, workout gear, I would highly recommend not doing so. However, with fashionable pieces like the Zenergy Sport Collection, the idea of wearing yoga pants outside the workout area is appropriate. What makes the outfit extra nice? Fun patterns, pretty colors, special details, functional, and the length of the jacket conceals the derriere. 


My mission is to nurture the entire woman - spirit, mind, body and wardrobe. I believe true style is related to our essence...our internal depth (substance). When you remove the clothing and fancy labels and titles - what remains? Only you can answer this question. If you cannot, I highly recommend setting aside time to collect your thoughts and to breathe.

Before you go, did you see last week's Style Story called Santa Fe? I must admit, the images were gorgeous in black and white. Quite a diversion from the typical post. In the post I channel my style crush, the late, Georgia O'Keeffe. Take a look at Santa Fe and What's Interesting: Georgia O'Keeffe.

Now Available on CreateSpace eStore and Amazon and Kindle
Stay True,
Glenda
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find So What to Twenty on the following Social Networks:
Ladies Join
Picture It
Pin to Win
Bloglovin
Link Ups:
 
Photography under the creative direction of FD Harrison

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, Glenda. As a fellow introvert, I too treasure my silent time. Love your sporty look! xo
    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti! Thank you. I love the Zenergy Sport Collection from Chico's. I feel relaxed and sporty while still looking feminine and on point.

      Delete
  2. If there were a rule prohibiting yoga pants from the street, there would be very few women outside! Workout wear is pretty much the uniform here in San Diego. But I agree with you. It should be cute and flattering as well as comfortable and functional. You have the perfect look. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Same here, Connie. I see more women in yoga pants than anything else. I love this look in every way. So cute, colorful and comfortable.

      Delete
  3. Hey Friend! What a great look and I agree well put together sports attire in good condition can be worn out and about only. I also had to stop watching Scandal a few seasons back, too much stress and dark energy for me. I did not feel spiritually awakened or enlightened at all by that show. To each his own so to speak.

    Enjoy your week and remember to Breathe....:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shon! Yep, the show was pretty intense. I couldn't take it any longer. Like you, I can't deal with negative energy.

      Delete
  4. I love this on you ,a great change and gorgeous colors. I do like athletic wear as day wear, and see it often in NYC.
    Great, a good reminder to stop, and breathe!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking how surprised you all will be to see me in athletic wear. It's a nice change of pace. I feel great in this look :)

      Delete
  5. I love your look and your message. I have recently retired and "breathe" alot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading that, Konda. I'm glad you "breathe"

      Delete
  6. Reading this post was totally on point. I don't lead a profiled life but often times I find it hard to 'breathe'. I fell off my exercise regimen end canny seem to get my groove back. For some reason it seems I use to get more done wth less time...(go figure) when I was younger. But as always you inspire me to make a change. Instead of wearing those beat up sweat pants and washed out t shirt I'll invest in some better looking gear to work out in..(and I wish there are rules for yoga pants) ..thank you Glenda for helping me realize..so what to twenty...50 is fab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamala, yes indeed 50 is Fab and Fierce. Own it, lady! I love how this Zenergy outfit can go for lunch, exercise, shopping, to the movies, etc. Very versatile. I love it. I understand the "less time" thought. What may be happening is you feel you have plenty of time, but tends to happen, is failing to scheduling your day around what is important. For me, exercise and alone time is crucial. Therefore, I schedule my day around them.

      Delete
  7. Super cute outfit! Looking good Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kery! Chico's is a great place to shop.

      Delete
  8. I think you can happily walk the streets in this outfit. No problem at all. This outfit looks good and sporty.
    As for breathing time.. I know what you mean, but I don't need it. I am on all the time haha. Without any problem. Extrovert as I am. But I do acknowledge that it might be very good for me too to have some breathe time.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, Greetje, just saying you're On all the time made me want to lay down and take a nap (lol). I'm glad you like my leisure outfit. I'm obsessed with it.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda