2.20.2017

Score + Contest Announcement

From time to time I'll pop into the Buffalo Exchange located in one of my college towns to sell some things I think their customers would appreciate.  If you're not familiar with B.E., they're located throughout the United States and they sell new and recycled fashions...including vintage. It's a great way to clear out your closet, but be forewarned, they do not take just anything. They have a very specific criteria, so this isn't the place to do a closet dump. On this particular sell, they were interested in lightweight jackets, 70s inspired jeans, tees, and some other garment choices. 

Needless to say, on this particular day, I SCORED big time! While the Buffalo Exchange associates were going through my merchandise to see what they would take, I found the to-die-for jacket I'm wearing in this post - a vintage 1960s Tuxster All Purpose. Tuxster was popular in the 60s for their pintucked, lightweight coats (I did my research). It just goes to show - when you keep your eyes open, you can find the coolest garments in the most unexpected places. While I waited in line to make my trade, I overheard two young ladies standing behind me commenting on the coat, "Oh wow, that's a cool coat." I have to agree😀 I hope you enjoy the pics, and please stay to the end for the contest announcement and the Sartorial Savvy. 


Outfit Details - Coat:: Vintage 60s Tuxster All Purpose (check out Etsy); Modern Frayed Cuff Straight Leg Jeans: Loft; Turtleneck Sweater: Loft (sold out but check out the Rachel Turtleneck at Chico's); Tortoiseshell Print Round Sunglasses: Loft; Necklace is vintage; Riviera Hinge Ring: Banana Republic (Now on sale); Gianni Binni Ankle Boots via eBay.


  


 

Now here's your chance to Score a copy of
True Style: A Look Beyond the Surface...


All entries will qualify for entry for a chance to win (1) free copy of True Style: A Look Beyond the Surface. The winner will be announced during the online True Style book launch party on March 11, 2017 @ 10:00 (PST). The book launch party will take place during a live stream in the So What to Twenty Facebook Group. You can click So What to Twenty Facebook to join. This is a female only group.

     

Sartorial Savvy:
  1. Large Cuff Jeans with straight-legs are all the rage. They are best worn to your natural hem or an inch or two above the ankle.
  2. Recycling clothing is the best way to save on landfill space. Read 6 Reasons to Recycling Your Clothes.
  3. Outerwear can be the focal point to an ensemble, rather than an after-thought.
  4. Like I mentioned in my post called Treasures, creative outfits come from keeping an open mind, and pairing vintage with modern. You're able to create looks that are unique and represent your unique personality. So keep your eyes and mind open. You never know what your might SCORE!
Stay True,
Glenda
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find So What to Twenty on the following Social Networks:
Ladies Join
Picture It
Pin to Win
Bloglovin
Link Ups:
Photography under the creative direction of FD Harrison 

44 comments:

  1. Love, love th coat. That color yellow or maize is perfect for spring. Glenda I love your pics and you have such great style������!
    Also my answer is representing your brand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cynthia! And I have your entry :) Good Luck!

      Delete
  2. Together is my answer.In addition,there must be self-confidence,that pulls your "style of substance together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your entry, Kymberlye. I love the spelling of your name. Very cool!

      Delete
  3. Is that really you, leaning against that bark and all?! You rock that color and I never would have thought of gold on yellow but I will now! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's me leaning against the bark and standing in probably squirrel poop. Icky!! Yes indeed, the shade of marigold works well with gold.

      Delete
  4. Glenda, her coat is a knock out and what a great find. And I must say that the turned cuff on your jeans is brilliant. I've had thoughts of doing something similar to convert regular trousers into crops. My response to the fill-in is "genuine".

    Rena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rena! I use to be a woman who didn't wear jeans. Now, with so many options, I have over 20 pairs. I happen to love this pair - a nice diversion from the skinny, but still has a good hug on the body. I love the larger cuff too. I have your entry. Good Luck!

      Delete
  5. What a definite score! Love that coat and you rock it well!
    My answer is: Simpatico.

    Looking forward to reading the book too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Laura! I have your entry. Good Luck!

      Delete
  6. You sure did SCORE! I love the coat and the color is perfect on you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the coat, I remember this style of coat, with its pintuck stitching, so well. You are rockin' this style.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was born in the 60s so I don't recall it. I'm sure glad I found it though. They color and details are righteous! Thank you!!!

      Delete
  8. love this outfit especially the jacket...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that really is a great find! I love the pintuck detail and color, so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love finding cool vintage clothes. Mustard yellow is one of my favorite colors and it looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love vintage too. It brings so much more depth to an outfit. Thank you!!!

      Delete
  11. My goodness - what a gorgeous coat and that color is beautiful on you. So glad you took those close ups so that we could see the detail we would have missed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy! Yes indeed, I had to show the details. I'm glad we're having a real winter in So Cal. Plenty reasons to wear it :)

      Delete
  12. Love the coat. Love the color! Great score!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember my grandmother having a mustard yellow jacket - loved it then and love it now! Such a fun color and look especially for the warm winter we are having in the Mid-Atlantic area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have our weather. It's been rainy and cold all winter. I had to buy coats this winter.

      Delete
  14. Very chic. Love the coat - what a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glenda,
    That coat is a major score! I love the detail, color and texture! U also love the denim! I can imagine why the shoppers in the store were remarking on that find!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sitting there on the rack, waiting for me to swoop it up :)

      Delete
  16. "True Style is when all aspects of yourself, including your wardrobe, are IN HARMONY."
    Congratulations, on this great accomplishment, Glenda.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Glenda, you are so right. This coat is jaw droppingly gorgeous. I would have fought you for it haha. (Not really, I never make a scene in public.)
    Really beautiful.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
  18. The buttons on the jacket and the gold necklace blends well with the jacket. Nice!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda