1.04.2017

What's Interesting: Mithra Ballesteros

Hi Friends!

Welcome to the very first, What's Interesting, post! As you may know, I'm a firm believer in true style being so much more than our sartorial pursuits. With this being said, I felt pressed to dive further into areas I believe you'll find interesting. Like I mentioned in my New Beginnings post, the tag line for So What to Twenty is - Where Style and Substance Intersect. While you enjoy seeing my weekly style story, I would also like to bring more substance to our journey by introducing a wide variety of interesting subjects and my new findings. This post will bring about a cornucopia of topics from new fashion lines, cool products, art exhibits, great books, interesting people...where ever my heart may take you. 

"It is good to be a seeker, but sooner or later you have to be a finder. And then it is well to give what you have found, a gift into the world for whoever will accept it."  - Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Just before I was scheduled to give my talk at the Bloggers at Midlife conference, I was approached by a woman who kindly introduced herself as Mithra. We exchanged business cards while the conversation moved into my philosophy on style and fashion. Mithra had no idea our brief encounter was exactly what I needed to ease my mind from what was about to take place, nor did she realize I was instantly moved by her spirit. By the end of the conference day, I had already visited her website and had hit the button to subscribe to her weekly newsletter - The Bubble Joy. 

Mithra surrounded by her family in the chevron print dress.

Mithra Ballesteros, the owner of Finder Not Keeper, is a collection creator and storyteller. Interesting isn't it? She collects unique vintage items for the home, and creates beautiful stories (both written and visual) around them. Our approach is very similar, while Mithra's stories are inspired by antiques, mine are inspired by fashion. Each Friday morning I'm greeted with Mithra's blog newsletter called, The Bubble Joy. How does one describe such a read. It is indeed joyful, nostalgic, inspiring, and...happy. I look forward to my Friday morning newsletter - its as if someone awakens me with a gentle kiss from the warm morning sun. Here is a video you'll enjoy - it introduces us to Mithra.


"You must be decisive. You can't dither. You cannot look at something and think to yourself - Hmm? If you see it, and you like it, you have to listen to that inner voice and grab it."- Mithra Ballesteros

Now do yourself a favor, don't dither, bring some joy into your life by subscribing to The Bubble Joy. I'm most positive you'll enjoy it๐Ÿ˜‰

Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find So What to Twenty on the following Social Networks:
Ladies Join
Picture It
Pin to Win
Bloglovin

Photography is under the creative direction of FD Harrison



2 comments:

  1. I did not have the pleasure to meet Mithra but thanks to you now I will be able to read her blog and share in her wisdom. Thanks! Happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this new series, the world is a fascinating place, so i like this direction. I do love her approach and see the similarity to yours with fashion.
    I will, also visit her site, gladly! Love the opening quote, very inspiring!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda