1.08.2017

Style Is...Knowing Thyself


Today, January eighth, I celebrate my 51st birthday! 
I'm celebrating my birthday by welcoming you to a new, month-long series entitled,
Style Is...


Style Is...Knowing Thyself

"Knowing yourself on an intimate level unleashes a bouquet of positive outcomes into your life, and onto the people who surround you. One thing for sure, it's not difficult to recognize a person with this quality. There seems to be an undeniable confidence in the way they project themselves to the world."
- Glenda K. Harrison (excerpt from True Style)

Outfit Details - Boyfriend Jeans: Ann Taylor Loft (Last Fall); Vintage Soft V-Neck Pocket Tee: Loft; Exaggerated Shoulder Tuxedo Jacket: Filippa K via eBay (check out the options on Shopstyle); Tweed Touring Cap: Belongs to my oldest son (Many tweed cap options on Amazon); Men's Belt: Belongs to my youngest son; Strappy Sandal: Loft (Identical pair by Madden Girl on Amazon); Polish is Chinchilly by essie


  
"Style is much more than what we choose to wear. Style relates to a person's internal depth, and how that depth harmonizes with external factors."
Glenda K. Harrison (excerpt from True Style)

 
 
  


Sartorial Savvy:
  1. Never be afraid to borrow from the boys. This androgynous look was created by incorporating pieces from my son's wardrobe (cap and belt). 
  2. Take your dressier, evening pieces out for a daytime spin. The tuxedo jacket creates a clever juxtaposition with the deconstructed boyfriend jeans.



To dive deeper into the TRUE meaning of STYLE, look for True Style: A Look Beyond the Surface, available winter 2017. Also, before you go, Chico's placed me in their Best of 2016 category. Check it out here at Inside Chic.

Stay True,
Glenda

If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find So What to Twenty on the following Social Networks:
Ladies Join
Picture It
Pin to Win
Bloglovin
Link Up:
Visible Monday
Photography is under the creative direction of FD Harrison

28 comments:

  1. 1st and foremost let's get one thing straight, you are fierce and fabulous my dear! Next, yayyyy Happy Birthday! And finally, I love the look! Peacenblessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, Tonya, when I first began to read you comment, I thought you were going to let me have it! Thank you so much for your kind words :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, Glenda! That outfit looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! And I love this menswear/formalwear look, just perfect. xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patti! I love diving into the men's department.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday!! Did your men spoil you? Love the newsboy cap and the frayed denim. And the feature on Chico's is a Very Big Deal. You've got so much to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mithra! I still can't believe the Chico's portion. I was completely shocked I was selected as one of their top posts. Yes, my men spoiled me with tickets to the Pixar exhibit and a lovely dinner at one of our favorite restaurants.

      Delete
  5. Glenda, this is a great easy look to start the new year. Easy,, yes, but still astute and fabulous on you. Love your quotes, it is exactly as i think too, but you express the essence of style so very well! You should write a book! (Add winky face emoticon..)
    Much love for the new year!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elle, I adore you. Thank you so much. Great minds think alike.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday my Dear. Only you can wear a young man's cap and make it so Fabulous. Enjoy every moment of everyday. .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my fabulous Floridian friend! Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  7. I love this naughty, boyish style on you. Finished perfectly with the cap. What fun, what great styling.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it...naughty!? That description never crossed my mind. I think a little badass. Perhaps they're the same :)

      Delete
  8. Happy birthday Glenda! Just catching up on your posts. Hope you had a wonderful day 😊
    Kery B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! Oh you look so cool! I love to borrow from the boys and make the look my own. I look forward to reading your blog and visiting again on Insta in February after my hiatus. Enjoy your week and all your blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shon! I'm always happy to read your comments. I always feel extra cool when I borrow from the boys. It gives a look extra personality. Enjoy your hiatus!

      Delete
  10. Did I miss your birthday? Happy Birthday,Glenda!! 50 what?? Go on, Glenda with your fly self!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shon, thank you! Yes indeed, I'm 51 and loving it :)

      Delete
  11. Love this combination together. I need need to do something like this for my blog. shehasflaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda