1.01.2017

New Beginnings!

Happy New Year!

I'm back from my two-week holiday hiatus and I feel refreshed! If you recall, for the year 2016, I made the simple, but empowering statement - I'M READY, as my theme. I'm Ready was my proclamation to finally live as Glenda; to do the things I always feared; and to be receptive to whatever endeavors came my way. Twenty-sixteen was marked as a year of many exciting adventures, challenges, opportunities, and yes...scares. I apprehensively took the challenge to speak at BAM (Bloggers at Midlife), and as you know, this segued into a bouquet of marvelous adventures, and new business friendships.   

"While waiting for the results, I shed many tears, but kept life moving with the support of my family and friends, and my mantra for the year - I'm Ready."    

While I continued to blossom emotionally, and in my business, I also had to face a health scare. An evening of excruciating back pain sent me to the emergency, which led to the discovery of some sort of mass on my kidney. In the end, after much testing, it was determined the mass was a simple, fluid-filled cyst. While waiting for the results, I shed many tears, but kept life moving with the support of my family and friends, and my mantra for the year - I'm Ready. These words kept me strong. I had determined, if I had to deal with a malignancy, I would ready myself for what was to come.

"...even in the midst of uncertainty, there will always be opportunities to grow."

For 2017, this will be a year of NEW BEGINNINGS. Even though all that I engage in may not be new, per se, this statement gives room for me to view things through a new pair of lenses, and to give ideas a fresh perspective. Yes, there are many new and exciting chapters opening, with True Style: A Look Beyond the Surface releasing soon, and a host of other business ventures. However, there are activities that aren't new, but simply need freshening-up, or what I like to say - a rebirth. As you can see from my new blog header, So What to Twenty has received a freshening-up. The illustration was created by the very talented Allison Taylor, who also did the work for True Style: A Look Beyond the Surface. I felt it apropos to feature her gift on my blog as well. Regardless, new or not-so-new, I'm excited about this coming year, because even in the midst of uncertainty, there will always be opportunities to grow.
 

Today's outfit gives a wink into the statement - even in the midst of uncertainty, there will always be opportunities to grow. Dressed in mysterious black, the ensemble is given pops of the unexpected with a skirt which reminds me of uncertainty with its fragmented pattern. To give hope, and newness into the coming year - a bright, Kelly green bag that definitely gives us a spark to embrace the many opportunities to grow. The items in this story have been with me for some time, but with new beginnings comes a fresh way of viewing things, so I have partnered the garments with each other to create a fashionable rebirth.

 




Sartorial Savvy:
  1. Mute everything else when you want a specific item to be the focal point. 
  2. Make a waist more defined by wearing garments that nip at the waist.
  3. Never fear a shorter skirt by creating a solid line from the hem to the foot.

 
 


 " This post will bring about a cornucopia of topics from new fashion lines, cool new products, art exhibits, etc."

Speaking of new beginnings, look for the Sartorial Savvy with each style story (seen above), and a new mid-week blog post called, What's Interesting. The tag line for So What to Twenty is - Where Style and Substance Intersect. While you enjoy seeing my weekly style story, I would also like to bring more substance to our journey by introducing a wide variety of interesting subjects and new findings. This post will bring about a cornucopia of topics from new fashion lines, cool new products, art exhibits, etc. Be sure to visit So What to Twenty twice per week because I'm sure you'll enjoy What's Interesting as much as you enjoy the style stories. 

Oh yes, before I forget, my author website has received a rebirth as well. Stop by to see what's happening at GlendaKHarrison.com

Finally, my dear friends, I would love to read how you plan on moving into twenty-seventeen. Please share your thoughts and ideas with me in the comment section😉

Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find So What to Twenty on the following Social Networks:
Ladies Join
Picture It
Pin to Win
Bloglovin
Link Up:
Visible Monday
Photography is under the creative direction of FD Harrison


21 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post, I'm letting you know right now that your mantra for 2016, "I'm Ready" is the one I've been looking for, for my 2017. Thank you so much for all of wisdom you have given in the past. Looking forward to your "New Beginnings" insights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise! I'm ready proved to be the exact words and motivation. I hope you achieve the same results. Happy New Year!!

      Delete
  2. What a profound post, I glean a great deal from your edits and find it most inspirational to follow your blog for it's meaningful content! May 2017 be a hugely inspirational year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the release of your book! Your positive and determined attitude is an inspiration. Love this look with the pop of green. Happy New Year to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Green is such a hopeful color. Thank you so much for your kind words, and Happy New Year my fellow blogging friend :)

      Delete
  4. Big congratulations to you Glenda! Your look is stunning as always - love that bag. Thanks for linking up, xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Glenda , it will be interesting to see where the new beginnings lead you.The additional of satorial savy is a grand idea to share your knowledge.Looking your glorious self in the black and white plus killer boots.Also enjoyed your new look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jill and Happy New Year! I'm looking forward to new chapters :)

      Delete
  6. Sartorial Savvy - very clever! Happy New Year Glenda and so excited to work with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to our collaboration!

      Delete
  7. I love your new blog header and that fantastic drawing. So glad for you that your new book is going to be released soon. Exciting. And your outfit... so much my taste. I love it.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say, I dig the new header too. Allison is such a gifted talent. Her work is wonderful and I can't wait for everyone to see it in the book.

      Delete
  8. Happy New Year! I'm glad everything worked out positively health wise and that you've had a very nice holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lily, thank you so much! Yes indeed, I was blessed.

      Delete
  9. I love it! I love the green bag. Sharp and pleasing. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks Kerry! I'm glad you find me inspiring :)

      Delete
  10. I love this look on you and that short skirt is so sexy. Happy 2017 my Dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda