12.04.2016

Ms. Claus

Have you ever wondered what a modern day Mrs. Claus would be like? Would she stick with her traditional patchwork maxi skirt, or would she dare show her knees in a modern scuba mini skirt? Would she wait at home patiently while her husband delivers the toys, or would she meet with girlfriends for late night drinks, while making sure to check-in with the hubs via Skype? Would she treat the elves to homemade cookies, or would she have gourmet treats delivered? One thing for sure, this modern day woman wouldn't suffice for Mrs. Claus. "No, no, no," she would command, "Please refer to me as Ms. Claus."

For today's style story, I had great fun with my outfit (which is nothing new. I always enjoy the art of dress). On a day set aside for a bit of Christmas shopping, I decided to play into the spirit of the season in an outfit which most definitely gives a wink to a modern day Mrs. Ms. Claus. However, instead of being armed with fresh out-of-the-oven cookies, I carry a to-die-for clutch that houses my app savvy smart phone - Christmas Gift List on Google Play Store is my favorite app to keep my gift giving on point. Love! After all, I can't take the chance of getting the wrong presents for my loved ones.

Before my day of shopping kicked into full-swing, I ventured out to my local shopping plaza for my photo shoot. What better place to pose for this style story than near an adorned Christmas Tree. I hope you enjoy this ode to Mrs. Claus, and as always, I love reading your comments. Please feel free to leave a message below.  


Dressed in a winter white vintage Bishop Sleeve top, shocking red scuba skirt, and classic black knee-high boots, I feel quintessentially Christmas without feeling like I'm in a costume. This ensemble includes old favorites. The one new item is the clutch purse. Since the majority of the look isn't available, I've taken liberty in finding similar items for you.

Outfit Details - Georgette Clutch: Courtesy of Chico's; Bishop Sleeve Turtleneck: Vintage (Similar in black Rib-Trim Sweater at Chico's); Red Skirt: Zara (Option: Jacquard Pleated Full Skirt - Ann Taylor); Nine West boots via eBay (Love the Nine West 'Hold Tight' at Nordstrom ); Fabric Waist Sash: Anthropologie (sold out).

 





My ears aren't pierced. But with the magic of magnetic earrings, it appears they are.





Throughout the day I was greeted by fellow shoppers with smiles and kind comments. Though Mr. Claus was dressed in jeans, hat, sweater and leather jacket, he said being with me put him in the holiday spirit. At one point, all tuckered-out, he took his place in a seating area with other exhausted husbands. As I buzzed around the store collecting gift options, I looked over in his direction; he had drifted off to sleep. Poor Mr. Claus. It's Ms. Claus and her smart phone to the rescue 😉

Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find So What to Twenty on the following Social Networks:
Ladies Join
Picture It
Pin to Win
Bloglovin
Link Ups:
Shoe and Tell
Photography is under the creative direction of FD Harrison

28 comments:

  1. Looking good Mrs. Claus! Love the boots 😍
    Kery B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kery! I found the boots on eBay for just 30 bucks!!!

      Delete
  2. Oops I think I should have said Ms. Claus, LOL! 😊
    Kery B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you and your trusty phone! What a fun and fresh post! Though I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you! That you don't have pierced ears?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I never got my ears pierced. Thank heavens there are so many options available to my sector of the population.

      Delete
  4. A wonderful holiday look, so cheery. Thanks for linking up! xo

    Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ms Claus never looked so good, what a wonderful Christmas outfit, perfect from head to toe. Enjoy your shopping and the Christmas season

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jill! I thoroughly enjoyed wearing this on my shopping excursion. So many smiles and kind comments. Enjoy your Christmas season as well!

      Delete
  6. Looks super-sharp, Glenda! Those boots w/that skirt -- you're killing it! Ms. Claus, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous holiday look, Glenda! Love that vibrant red skirt and the way you've styled it with your sleek black boots! Gorgeous!

    Mary
    http://marymurnane.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Means a lot coming from you, Mary. Thank you!

      Delete
  8. Get it sis - have you been naughty or nice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been nice, but in a naughty kind of way :)

      Delete
  9. If I had seen you I would have been one of your smiling admirers! It is a fun and very Christmasy look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Haralee! I had a great time chatting it up with people. I felt like a ball of Christmas spirit :)

      Delete
  10. You are the perfect modern day Ms. Claus!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ms Claus looks Fabulous and a bit naughty. Enjoy the Holidays my Dear and keep smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha.. poor Mr Claus indeed. But you looked fabulous. He feasted his eyes on that so much, they got tired.
    You look lovely my dear. Really good and totally appropriate for this month. The boots are heaven.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always tickled when I look over at the men who wait for their partners. Funny how stores even provide wifi and treats for them. The store he fell asleep in had a big cozy couch for the gentlemen.

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, the boots. I got them on eBay for a mere 30 bucks!!! Mint condition too.

      Delete
  13. I am highly impressed with this polished, yet still traditional look for MS. Claus, Very sleek and very cool, Sorry the hubs fell into slumber, but you have the energy of true Claus! Love the red skirt and very perfect patent boots!
    XX, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda