10.20.2016

Electrifying

Long time readers of So What to Twenty know I enjoy adding a bit of disturbance to an otherwise basic look. In other words, I find it adventurous to trick-out my wardrobe with elements of surprise. To don the basics is fine for some, but for myself, I enjoy playing around with unexpected fabrics, textures, accessories, vintage finds, and other unanticipated elements. I do this in order to create a look that's unique and downright electrifying.

Because of it's luxurious quality, metals are often seen as the go-to choice in fashion for special events or an evening soirĂ©e. However in recent years, wearing metals has since moved into the realm of daytime apparel. I view the metals as high intensity neutrals that can be paired with many types of garments to create a variety of different looks...and for any occasion. One can wear metals subtlety by carrying a metallic handbag, or tying a simple scarf around the neck. Or, you can create an electrifying ensemble with key pieces like a dress, coat or skirt. Whichever way you choose to wear the metals, it's sure to leave a shock-and-awe effect on the viewer. 

For today's look, I chose to partner my casual basics with a WOW metallic piece - a skirt with a high voltage shine, it puts the EXTRA in Extraordinary. I hope you enjoy today's look and I'll meet you below in the comment section.
 
 

I often take an irreverent stance when it comes to dressing. Tell me it can't be done and I'll find a way to make it work. Tell me metallic garments are for evening and I'll rock it for day wear. Call me a bad ass if you like, but I have a propensity for laughing at the norm. Today's look is a taste of what I mean. An almost foil-like fabrication gives today's skirt its stunning quality. With each movement, it can't resist enticing us with its sparkle and shine. To give the skirt a more straightforward presence, I paired it with a basic tee, denim jacket, rustic belt and mirrored aviators that mimic the star of the show - an outfit that's both luxurious and basic simultaneously.  

Outfit Details - Eclat Midi Skirt: Anthropologie; Denim Jacket from Loft many years ago. Current Denim Jacket from Loft; Linen Tee via Kohls (Option at Linen Tee at Loft); Aviator Sunglasses: Loft (in Hushed Aqua)



 
  



 
 
The man behind the camera

Also on the agenda...
Today at Midlife Blvd, I'm taking us further on our journey of adding luxury into every day: 
Our lives have become so inundated with work and caring for others, we often forget how important it is to relish in touches of everyday luxurious indulgences – you know, little things that make us smile, or remind us of how special we are. When I was about the age of twenty-two, I carpooled into work with a fellow employee named Nancy. After work, she suggested we make a little stop into our neighborhood high-end...
Meet me on the corner of True Style Ave and Midlife Blvd to discover 6 Ways to Add Luxury into Your Every Day {wink}

And, if you missed THE BIG REVEAL...

Available January 2017


Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
bloglovin or Facebook or Instagram or Pinterest
Link Up:
 Photos are under the creative direction of FD Harrison

30 comments:

  1. I loved that you used the power grid as a backdrop. How perfect. Rockin' outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebecca! I like to create an entire story by selecting locations that complement my style story.

      Delete
  2. This is great!!! I too love to juxtapose the unexpected with the casual. This is a great post with a killer skirt!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi! I believe mixing high/low or casual/evening makes for such an interesting outfit. I can't get enough of it.

      Delete
  3. Totally Bad Ass and I'm here for it all. I Love this outfit on You!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! I believe the denim grounds it and makes it more relatable.

      Delete
  5. Perfection!!!! Go, Glenda! Go, Glenda!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the glam skirt with the cool basics of a tee and denim jacket. Perfect, Glenda! Thanks so much for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday!

    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loooove the skirt! Definitely going to try wearing my metallics in the day. Thanks for the inspo.

    www.amu-dat.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it, Mariam, it's really good fun!

      Delete
  8. This looks so great, and I love the idea of "high intensity neutrals"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this skirt with the denim jacket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. I think it makes the skirt more relatable.

      Delete
  10. love the shimmering, pleated skirt, with the simple tee and denim jacket- electric and so You!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elle! I call it California Glamour ;)

      Delete
  11. I absolutely love this look! Head to toe! Perfect and well-stated. I am in awe of you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You flatter me, Kerry. Thank you so much. This skirt is to die for. I can't even begin to explain the fabrication. It's like pieced together lame'

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda