10.23.2016

Destination Chico's: Glamorous

"Glamour exceeds beyond what we can feel and touch. Glamorous is an allure that stems from having an infallible confidence." 
Glenda K. Harrison 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The invitation read...

A celebratory unveiling followed by dinner and dancing aboard a private yacht.

The perfect opportunity to remove herself from the rigors of life. A spritz of an intoxicating fragrance, a red lip, an outfit that mimics her mood, and a bewitching confidence that equates to having an evening of glamorous fun.

Welcome to Destination Chico's - a six month style journey designed to introduce you to my favorite Chico's looks, and to inspire you to indulge further into exploration of the boutique.

A little black dress that extends beyond basic, intentionally moves into the arena of alluring - Flirtatious, exposed shoulders and a silhouette that embraces the body without vulgarity; an elegant, faux fir ruana that serves a dual purpose of added warmth and refinement is coupled with the adornment of a jeweled brooch. The look is playfully modern with a hint of glamorous old Hollywood combined into one. An outfit that suggest a good time, but certainly isn't void of proper manners.

Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Chico's. I received compensation in exchange for sharing with my blog public. Although this post is a partnership, all opinions are my own.


 



 




Her perfume of choice for the evening is inspired by the effortless confidence of a chic European woman, and is reminiscent of a stroll through a castle garden. Pivoine Rose by Pharmacia Tous Les Jours - a charming floral blend mixed with ripe pear, peonies and golden musk. Not a typical choice for an evening soiree, yet we know she is anything but typical.


 
   

She retired from the evening with her epicurean senses stimulated, and, with several invitations to continue private parties elsewhere. She declined their offers. After all, she is a lady, and let us not forget - a glamorous one {wink} 

The conversation continues on Facebook in the So What to Twenty community!
Join the conversation HERE

Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also find Glenda on the following Social Networks:
bloglovin * Instagram * Pinterest
Link Up:
Photos are under the creative direction of FD Harrison

18 comments:

  1. Lovely and striking dress, Glenda, and I love the story-telling too! Thanks for linking, xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patti! Fashion and writing is when my two world collide ;)

      Delete
  2. The dress looks great on you. I like the brooch use too. Where is the yacht?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Haralee! The yacht is in the harbor. This was before the event :) Brooches are mainstays in my wardrobe. Even though the trends declare them not in style from time to time, I always wear them. But then again, I'm not much of a trend follower.

      Delete
  3. Glenda the dress 👗 is made for you. The Ruana only adds to the story line. I love that color on you.
    Compliments to the photographer. Of course you make it easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Linda, thank you so much. I enjoy feeling the mood of what I'm wearing. It makes for a succinct style story. My photographer enjoys what he does :)

      Delete
  4. I'm especially in love with the furry ruana! Such a luxury! Beautiful look, Glenda - timeless and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalia, the ruana is fabulous - well crafted, soft, and that extra punch to a wardrobe. I can't wait to wear it with a black turtleneck and jeans and boots :) Thank you so much!!

      Delete
  5. I am loving that look. The peek a-boo cut outs at the shoulder really make a basic black dress pop. I am loving the whole look! P.S. and your hair is lovely as always. Where do you get it cut? Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi There, would you believe my husband cuts my hair. Yep, that's the truth. We save a great deal of money with my low maintenance hair.

      Delete
  6. Love this beautifully narrated post! Fabulous choices, the cold shoulder dress, is on point and looks fabulous on you. Love the luscious furry wrap and broach, your sunny smile and pretty sandals, all just right for a "glamorous" evening!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elle! I really love this lbd with a wink, andvyes, the ruana and brooch definitely give it a glamourous allure.

      Delete
  7. SO Elegant and Fabulous on your way to the Theatre with Mr. Right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure I've seen you wear that shade of blue before but it's smashing! And I'm very excited to see pins and brooches making a comeback. Remember how Secretary of State Madeleine Albright wore pins that quietly advertised her opinion of the world leader she was meeting?! Talk about statement dressing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I vaguely remember Madelyn and her subliminal pins. You have a great memory. In my opinion, pins are never out. They're more of a person preference in jewelry. This shade of blue is pretty close to deep purple, so you're right, I've never worn this shade. But like you, I love the color. The ruana really made the outfit more interesting.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda