10.02.2016

A Dramatic Flare

Have you happened upon a person that illuminates a certain confidence. A confidence that isn't yelled across the room, rather it speaks quietly, and oozes gently from her pores. She chooses her words wisely when she enters into conversation...if she does at all. In some cases, there's no need to speak because her clothes say it all. All eyes are on her as she steps from the elevator. You reach the conclusion...she most definitely has a Dramatic Flare

For today's style story, I've decided to write less, and allow the clothing to speak in my place. I hope you enjoy the pictures and I'll meet you below in the comment section.


For today's outfit, I wear almost head-to-toe Ann Taylor Loft (except for the belt, earrings and rings). Loft is known for it's basics, but this season, they have added a bit of punch to some of their tops and outerwear by adding the dramatic bell sleeve. With the drama of the sleeve, I chose to keep the rest of the elements of this outfit streamline and simple. There's no need to add any fussy details to compete with this already dramatic top.

Outfit Details - Striped Bell Sleeve Top: Ann Taylor Loft (this is a perfect season transitional piece); 
Petite Modern Boot Cut Jeans in Dark Wash: Ann Taylor Loft; Strappy Sandal: Ann Taylor Loft from past summer (Option: Huge assortment of identical strappy sandal at Amazon); Medium Basic Sunglasses: Ann Taylor Loft; Grace Ring Set: courtesy of Chico's; Polish is Garnet by Mineral Fusion.




 
 





Have a wonderful week, my friends {wink}

 If you missed last week's post (I hope you didn't), here is the link:
 A story of love, timing and determination. When something is meant to be - it will happen...even in fashion - Good & Plenty by Tracy Reese
Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Over the Moon Link Party
Shoe & Tell
Photographs are under the creative direction of F.D. Harrison and are the property of So What to Twenty!

21 comments:

  1. Dramatic for sure - and beautifully chic on you, Glenda. I love this silhouette. xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boot cut jeans and bell sleeves, simple drama, perfectly chosen and worn! Love it! Very polished and super cool, but do not east pasta with that blouse! :)
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fun blouse, but not for pasta, that's for sure!

      Delete
  3. The top picture looks like you belong in Vogue magazine! I've always loved flare sleeves, and this look is priceless.. The way you work your poses for this whole outfit is on point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamala! I must admit, this photo shoot was fun, fun, fun! I felt inspired by the top and the location.

      Delete
  4. I love this and can even see myself wearing it! Very dramatic! Thanks for sharing with #overthemoon Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bell sleeves and the detail in the top! Very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember bell sleeves from the 1970's! This is a great top and the flair and drama of the sleeves really make it snap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Haralee. A definite blast from the past.

      Delete
  7. I am super happy to see you wear this top, which I passed on at Loft because I thought it would overwhelm me ... and it seemed too youthful. HOWEVER, I have changed my mind! It looks superb on you, and now I think I shall be placing an order for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That first photo is Glamour personified. I love this look on you my dear. .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Neti! When I saw this picture, I was floored. The hubs has a good eye.

      Delete
  9. You're looking extra-sharp in this outfit, Glenda! Congrats on the Facebook page, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely blouse. It is one of those things of which I always say: you can see that the woman who is wearing this (could have been me..) has money. No household chores, no dishes to do as dishes are virtually impossible with these sleeves. Haha .. just joking. It is gorgeous.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I couldn't agree with you more, but it is surely a fun piece to add to my closet.

      Delete
  11. I shop there for classic pieces, but I am loving the bell sleeve top. So gorgeous on you Glenda.

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda