9.24.2016

Emergency

Picture created using the Prisma app. I love the organic quality of how it resembles clay drying in the sun.

Hi Friends,

I woke this past Friday morning with excruciating pain in my lower right back. I was rushed to emergency where several tests were run. However, the tests were inconclusive. In the coming weeks, I will be posting sporadically. Please be patient as I go through further medical testing.

In the meantime, if you missed any of my recent posts, here are the links:
  1. The recap of the Dress for Success fashion show I hosted with Chico's - Destination Chico's: The Catwalk (special addition) 
  2. Rocking a cool pair of readers in the Stand Up to Cancer campaign by eye-bobs - Take a Stand
  3. How today's woman updates her wardrobe at The Modern Woman's Guide to Wardrobe Essentials
  4. Or, how to make an outfit FUN

Also Darlings, I enjoy bringing you interesting documentaries pertaining to the fashion industry. Recently I watched a BBC special on YouTube that gave a behind the scenes glimpse into British Vogue. The film was very similar to Boss Woman, but rather than following Anna Wintour, the film crew focused on British Vogue Editor in Chief, Alexandra Shulman. I was particularly fascinated with the series because my style crush, Lucinda Chambers, is peppered throughout. Enjoy!

Episode 1: Absolutely Fashion: Inside British Vogue Documentary 2016 BBC

Episode 2: Absolutely Fashion: Inside British Vogue Documentary 2016 BBC



Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:

Photographs are under the creative direction of F.D. Harrison and are the property of So What to Twenty!

28 comments:

  1. First of all, all the blessing in the world for a speedy and healthy recovery, we all shall pray for you, take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wayne, thank you so much. I really appreciate the prayers.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through this Glenda. I hope you can sense the prayers of the many of us who care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kare, I can sense them. Thank you so very much :)

      Delete
  3. So very sorry to hear about your situation. May you get accurate answers quickly! And leave it to you to think of us and share some future viewing recs. Generous as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came out of nowhere, Mithra. I was perfectly fine and then woke up with a pain as intense as giving birth. You will enjoy the BBC doc. I great insight into the goings-on in Vogue.

      Delete
  4. So sorry to hear about your pain. I will be praying for you.
    Best,
    Kery

    ReplyDelete

  5. Sorry to hear about your back. I wish you a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley. I appreciate the prayers.

      Delete
  6. Oh dear! Back pain is one of the worse to deal with, I pray all goes well with you. Please take care of yourself and we look forward to hearing some good news from you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glenda, My thoughts and prayers are with you. I wonder if it is sciatica. Anyway, hope all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about sciatica. Not sure. Whatever it is, I want it gone!

      Delete
  8. Hope they get to the bottom of the issue soon. Praying for freedom from all discomfort, dear Glenda. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you feel better soon, dear one. Prayers coming your way for healing and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for your recovery friend. My Hubs also has some similar pain and went to the doc for tests,etc. this morning.

    I look forward to hearing a clean health report. Blessings to you and your guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shon, thank you, and I hope all is well with your hubby.

      Delete
  11. Take a good rest and care of yourself, Glenda! Get well soon! Sending my love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalia. I've discovered I'm a bit of a workaholic. I'm having a tough time doing little.

      Delete
  12. This too will pass and you will be victorious. I love this new Prisma photo edit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Prisma app is so cool, Neti! I'm trying to rrlax, but it ain't easy.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda