8.29.2016

Destination Chico's: Boho Lux

Stop #2:

Imagine a world where Bohemian and Luxury are conjoined into one delicious style story. I am quite aware the two lifestyles are often sequestered to opposite ends of the fashion spectrum. Bohemian conjures thoughts of the free spirited, artistic expression, bargain hunting for a one-of-a- kind vintage treasure, or taking what's forgotten and tattered and reinventing it into something hip and new. A far cry from Luxury, it's more pretentious counterpart, which reminds us of sumptuous fabrics, shine, expense, and high living. Yet and still, the two can unite to form a happy union...one void of highfalutin, but captures an artful elegance, and an undeniable ease and sophistication.

Welcome to Destination Chico's - a six month journey designed to introduce you to my favorite Chico's looks, and to inspire you to indulge further into exploration of the boutique. 

What may seem like an oxymoron, with the mix of the right elements, making a Boho Lux fashion statement is quite easy to achieve. The base of today's look is a rich black peasant maxi dress - a dress so perfect for this post, it screams bohemian luxury. Made of a casual jersey fabrication, the dress gives a gentle nod to the spirit of Bohemia, with it's flirtatious shoulder baring design, it still lends to eloquence with its move and drape. Combined with uptown accessories in black and high gloss gold, and tassel heeled sandals as well, this look cleverly combines both the bohemian and luxury lifestyles into one - a look that says, "I am bohemian, but the high life doesn't escape me."


Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Chico's. I received compensation in exchange for sharing with my blog public. Although this post is a partnership, all opinions are my own.

Outfit Details - Solid Peasant Maxi Dress: Chico's; Carol Belt: Chico's; Grace Ring Set: Chico's; The Necklace I'm wearing isn't available but check out the Alexis Short Pendant Necklace: Chico's; Round Sunglasses: Loft; Tasseled Sandals: Loft (Sold out. I die for the Rebecca Minkoff 'Riley' Sandal at Nordstrom); Polish is Stolen Kisses by Nicole for OPI.




A trio of rings in silver and gold worn on the thumbs in true bohemian style.

 



   
 
Tweetable --> When your fashion sense encompasses a couple personalities, subtle touches of each can make for an interesting style story. Boho Lux can take you to a variety of important events...to religious services, dinner, a night on the town, or a fundraising event. The two styles brings comfort and the right amount of elegance. When you enter the room, you'll come across as free spirited, while having an air of wealthy worldliness {wink}

Speaking of fundraising events, as many of you know, I have been volunteering my time with a very worthwhile organization called Dress for Success. The mission of Dress for Success is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. I am delighted to be a part of this phenomenal cause, and on September 18th, Chico's, along with myself, will be hosting the Fall Fashion Premier! Volunteering for the organization and the fundraiser transpired because of my willingness to say, Yes, and to make strives in making my dreams, and the dreams of others, come true. To attend this event, or to donate to Dress for Success (Riverside), please visit the link here --> Dress for Success Riverside.



Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Ups:
Visible Monday
Shoe & Tell
Photographs are under the creative direction of F.D. Harrison and are the property of So What to Twenty!

32 comments:

  1. I went in there this weekend and bought them out :-) gifts for my mom for her birthday and gifts for me just for being me :-)
    And Yep. Being in there made me think of an channel YOU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot Woot! I'm glad you had fun shopping, Carla!

      Delete
  2. Effortless elegance, love the look.Dress for Success is a wonderful organization!

    www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robin! Yes, it is a great organization. One I'm very proud to be part of.

      Delete
  3. That dress looks like it is the perfect travel dress too! When I left working for Corporate America, I donated all my suits and accompanied blouses to Dress for Success. It is a great organization and thank-you for donating your time and raising their awareness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it is! The fabric has the perfect weight. It's fluid, but not too clingy.

      Delete
  4. I think Bohemian and the High Life can absolutely live together - and this outfit is proof! Thanks for sharing, xo,

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is certainly a modern twist on a peasant dress! I think that being black elevates it into the lux category. Love the dress and can see how very versatile it is. When I think of peasant dresses, I think I still think of the 60’s and hippies! This is way more sophisticated than that. Love black with gold accessories too. That is such a rich look. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that's why this dress is so clever in its design approach. It is a perfect combination of boho and lux. The stark black and the fluid jersey gives it a luxurious quality, while the off the shoulder and fuller sleeve brings it into the bohemian scene.

      Delete
  6. Wow! This dress is so elegant on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kellyann! I absolutely love it. The fabrication is just perfect :)

      Delete
  7. You could wear this night or day and look as elegant as you wanna be. I love it all. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very versatile dress. Thanks Neti!

      Delete
  8. I love this combined look of bohemian and luxe. I think it suits women as they get older. Chicos is one of my favorite places to shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Helene. It is a nice combination. Bravo to you for enjoying Chico's!

      Delete
  9. The bare shoulders look really works. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! I love the bare shoulders look. I have for decades.

      Delete
  10. Love the entire ensemble. And the mural in the background too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. This is one of my favorite photo shoot locations.

      Delete
  11. You look stunning from the inside out! I love this outfit and I'd definitely wear it. I just wore a Chico's dress that showed off my shoulders and received so many compliments. I loved wearing it! Love watching you wear my beloved Chico's, Glenda. You shine in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bare shoulders are so fun and alluring. I bet you looked stunning, Cathy!

      Delete
  12. That dress looks fabulous on you----the bare shoulder look suits you so well. I love how all of the Chico's looks fit your style and your personality. Good luck with the fundraiser--such a fun event with your signature mark on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth Ann! Before bare shoulders became popular, I was rocking this look. I happen to believe shoulders are very sexy. I am overjoyed with the fashion show collaboration. Thank you Chico's for supporting Dress for Success!

      Delete
  13. Glenda,Glenda,Glenda!!!This look says sexy, flirty and yet keeps the modest approach. I love how you styled it with the belt and accessories. This is one complete look.. I'd never want to take the dress off... You truly rock! Style- elegance- and beauty..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamala, I can't wait to give this outfit another spin. Dinner with the hubs at a nice jazz club sounds just right. ..for me and the outfit :)

      Delete
  14. Bohemian and luxury! I love it - and also your fabulous look. Just sensational. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I missed this one too. Sorry Glenda, I have been very busy. It is such a sophisticated look. I think I said that on IG.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda