8.07.2016

Baby Soft


When my sons were babies, I loved the time spent getting them ready for beddy-bye - scenting their warm bath with organic lavender bubble bath, patting them dry and then massaging them with natural coconut oil. I marveled at their perfect, virgin, baby soft skin.  While tucked into bed, the natural scent of lavender filled the room. I couldn't help but snuggle with them while reading their favorite bedtime stories. The night always concluded with me giving them gentle pats on the bottom until they drifted off to sleep.

As I matured, I found it necessary to adopt the tender loving care I bestowed onto my children. Though it isn't necessary to pat my bottom to get me to fall asleep, I do have an affinity towards nature derived products. I have discovered, the more I avoid chemically laced products in favor of God-made ingredients, the more my epidermis approves. Since I made the decision to go Au naturale with my care, my skin has developed a natural glow which I absolutely adore. Today's post is more about my skincare rather than the fashion, but please, enjoy the pics and I'll meet you below in the comment section.


To highlight my skin and to piggy-back off the story of my infant sons, I selected a baby doll top in baby blue that accentuates my arms and shoulders. For this post, my skin is without makeup and has a dewy glow thanks to Brown & Coconut Hydrating Body Butter (more information below).
 
Outfit Details - Top: Zara; Petite Modern Kick Crop Jean: Ann Taylor Loft; Floral Silk Scarf from Jacket Society; Bracelet is a vintage find; Aviator Sunglasses from Ann Taylor Loft (last summer style. New Aviator); Polish is Imported Bubbly by Essie; Earrings from the Icing.



Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Brown & Coconut. I received product in exchange for sharing with my blog public. Although this post is a partnership, all opinions are my own.
 
At the request of my readers and my friends over at Vibrant Nation, I thought I'd give a detailed description of my skincare ritual, and share some of the products I use to keep my skin baby soft.  

Morning:
  • Exercise at least 5 times per week
  • Drink plenty of water throughout the day
  • Luke warm bathing with Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar
  • Moisturize the skin with Jason Coconut Oil or Body Butter by Brown & Coconut
  • Wash face with CeraVe Foaming Face Wash (recommended by my dermatologist)
  • Shampoo and condition hair with Giovanni Eco Chic Haircare 
  • Moisturize hair with coconut oil
  • Moisturize my face and neck with Jason Revitalizing Vitamin E Cream (5,000 I.U.)
  • On warm days, I keep my skin hydrated by spritzing it with Love & Roses Beauty Mist

Evening:
  • Luke warm bathing with exfoliating mittens
  • Wash face with CeraVe Foaming Face Wash
  • Moisturize face with Face Oil by Brown & Coconut or Jason Age Renewal Vitamin E Cream 25,000 I.U. 
  • Apply 100% Pure Coffee Bean Eye Cream
  • Moisturize body with Jason Coconut Oil
  • Massage hands and feet with Provence Lavender Hand Balm
  • Apply 100% Vitamin E oil to my eyelashes to keep them long and healthy
  • Take a Biotin tablet
 Photo Shoot Prep:
On days when I'm being photographed, I want my skin to look its very best. Here's how I indulge my skin:
  • Prep my skin with a good exfoliating treatment
  • Apply a rich emollient moisturizer so that my skin will glow in the pictures.
  • Exfoliate my face by creating a scrub with table sugar and CeraVe face wash.
  • Lightly moisturize face
  • I don't wear lipstick because my lips have a natural tint, so I enjoy applying a thin layer of coconut oil. 
  • I don't wear eyeliner because my eyes have a natural darkening around them which makes it look like I'm wearing makeup. 
  • For my eyebrows, I adhere to my bi-weekly threading appointment.

Brown & Coconut Hydrating Body Butter / Brown & Coconut Hydrating Face Oil
The scent from both of these products remind me of a luxurious spa in a jar...clean and herbal. At first I was concerned about applying face oil to my combination skin, however, after reading all the reports on the positive affects, I decided to give it a try. I'm pleasantly surprised. It's not greasy and leaves my skin feeling silky soft.

Hanover Kern Lavender Hand Balm
I keep this jar on my desk and I liberally apply when my hands feel tired, and I want to lift my spirits with it's delicate scent of fresh greens, lavender, and rosemary sprigs.

Olivine Atelier Love & Roses Beauty Mist
Since California is prone to dry heat, I carry this mist of essential oils and flower extracts in my handbag to hydrate my skin throughout the day, or to even spritz in my hair! The scent is light and reminds me of love.

 


I hope you enjoyed today's post - a slight diversion from the weekly style story, but nonetheless, I hope you found the information useful and inspiring. I'm of the mindset that good, clean skincare and eating will keep skin radiant, smooth, and oh so baby soft. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask{wink}

Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Ups:
Visible Monday
Photographs are under the creative direction of F.D. Harrison and are the property of So What to Twenty!

23 comments:

  1. I adore you Glenda! Great post. You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, how sweet you are, Susan. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Lots of great tips! I'm all about natural products, and like that they are even less expensive than pricy name brands. I have dryer skin now that I'm older, so I cleanse once a day with organic coconut oil which gets my skin incredibly clean and also moisturizes. This before bed. Swear by biotin. I started using the vitamin e oil when you recommended it, and it has improved my skin. Loved this post...I miss the smell of soft, clean babies! Also, that top you're wearing is perfect for showing off glowing skin! Love the style and color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Karen. I think the price makes natural products even more appealing. I love roaming the beauty and healthcare aisle of my local whole food stores. The scents are incredible. I feel like I'm feeding my skin with the good stuff. I also miss the smell of nice clean babies. Gone are those days. Replaced by football equipment :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this, Glenda - I love reading your routine. And your skin does look healthy and glowing! xox
    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patti. I'm glad you enjoyed the post! I can't believe how many people ask me about my skincare.

      Delete
  4. I love reading your posts! Thank you for sharing. You are truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoy them, Kerry, and I'm glad you're here :)

      Delete
  5. Totally wish you had an Instagram account I could follow,now that I have found you! Please consider it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra, I'm on Instagram @GlendaKHarrison

      Delete
  6. You look Fabulous and thanks for the tips. I tried oil on my face in the past and found it a bit too greasy for my combination skin. Because I am out in the sun a lot, I have to wear an SPF 50 or greater on my face during the day. I do want to try the Giovanni hair care products next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neti, I thought the oil would be too oily, but it isn't. My face responds well to it. I seems like since I've been using it, my face is less oily. I love it, and it smells so spa-like. I wash my hair everyday because of exercise and to remove pool chlorine. The Giovanni brand works well. Nice and gentle.

      Delete
  7. Glenda, I am not surprised by this well thought out beauty ritual. natural products, without chemicals are always best! Despite the dry heat, your skin and hair look well nourished and your complexion is lovely- radiant, in fact!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moisture, moisture, moisture is the key, Elle. Thank you!

      Delete
  8. You are indeed glowing. I love the photo with the glasses in your hair and your smile. Such a lovely photo. And I love the top.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Greetje! A little background on this photo shoot. I had a root canal the day before and was in a lot of pain while these pics were being taken. We had to stop for moments to let me rest my mouth. Smiling was very difficult. But thank you very much. I adore this roomy top :)

      Delete
    2. You poor thing. I especially meant the portrait picture. So not the last photo or the one before the last, but the one before that (don't know how to say it in English).

      Delete
  9. You are getting younger with each post! Who could guess your babies are men! And talking about patting your babies to sleep made me so nostalgic for the days when we fondly called our eldest Mr. Whiffenpoof Plushbottom. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mithra, don't rush them. My 9th grader is a man-cub. I was sipping water when I read your comment. Your son's nickname almost made me spit the water across the room! I love it!! My two had simple names Pooh Bear and Stink-Stink. But yes, I miss those days of patting their little diaper butts :)

      Delete
  10. A beautiful diversion, Glenda, thank you for sharing. And your skin...ahh, absolutely beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda