7.07.2016

Streamline

If I keep going in the pace I've been moving, I'll never get my book on Style complete. Well, I shouldn't say never, but it will take a very long time, and I don't want that to happen. I'm so excited about this project - a subject I've studied and analyzed most of my life, I'm anxious to move it along. So, after much reflection, I've determined I must streamline my schedule to get the task done. Don't worry friends, I'm still blogging, however, rather than two posts per week, I must drop down to one post per week. In other words, I'm going to adopt summer hours. Remember, this is only temporary. It's just so I can complete the book in a timely manner. 

I'll be the first to admit, I'm no wonder woman. I have to rest, take breaks, spend alone time, and slow my pace in order to get the job done. By no means do I subscribe to the adage of work, work and more work. After all, all work and no play makes Glenda a dull woman. So to keep my momentum strong and steady, I believe that less is more. When I pile too much on my plate, I often feel hurried, and like I'm not bringing you my very best. And with my style book (which shall remain nameless until the proper time), I want to bring you my ridiculous very best. I'm positive you're going to enjoy my take on the subject...and there's going to be pretty illustrations!

So fret not, dear friends, I'm not running out of steam. I have many more style stories to cover for the summer and beyond. Don't forget, I have a new project featuring Chico's beginning soon. I'm calling the series of posts - Destination Chico's. With the series, I'll select my top picks from Chico's and wear them for you here at So What to Twenty! Stay tuned. By the way, if you haven't seen my feature on the Chico's blog - Inside Chic, please click HERE. And don't forget to subscribe to Inside Chic, they have great content! In the meantime, sit back and enjoy today's look, and I'll meet you below in the comment section.


Make no assumptions about it - I'm in love with wearing white! Over the years, I have developed quite a collection of various white tops and dresses. Just when I think I have enough, I find another creative garment that captures my eye. Strange thing though - I'm not really attracted to a classic button down. If I do wear one, it has to have something very clever going on. I seem to gravitate toward the clever. As in today's top - a no fuss top with an adorable ruffle neck and back detail. The cut is streamline with a subtle high/low and tent shape. The top definitely gives a nod to the 60s/70s era. So, to play on the past, I've decided to don my retro inspired denim, and new platform sandals.

Outfit Details - Ruffled Poplin Blouse: Anthropologie; Front Pocket Flare Jeans: Ann Taylor Loft; Elie Suede Platform Sandals: Steve Madden via eBay (Also available on Amazon.com); Keepsake Bracelet and Charms: Birdie Boutique; Cat-eye sunglasses from the Getty Museum giftshop, Clutch is vintage; Hoop and stud earrings from the Icing.  



I'm grinning hard because a group of basketball coaches walked by and whistled.



A note about my Keepsake bracelet. Before my mother passed away, she said to me, "One day you're going to fly." I hold those final words very close to my heart. In my book, A Place Called Peace, I go into further detail about her faithful words to me. I've created my bracelet with her words in mind. Each object represents something that takes flight - an owl (my mother collected owl objects), a bird, a bee, and a butterfly.


Don't let my earrings fool you. My ears are not pierced. The hoops are clip-ons and the stud on my upper ear is magnetic. Isn't that awesome?! The rings were all purchased while vacationing in Mexico.





I hope you enjoyed today's style story, and I hope you understand my need to streamline. You have all been wonderful to me and I want to bring you my very best. Until my next post, I was interviewed by my new friend I met at BAM - Beth Ann Chiles of It's Just Life. Beth Ann was inspired by A Place Called Peace and invited me for an interview for inclusion in her Noteworthy Women. I hope you'll enjoy it {wink}
Click HERE to go directly to the interview


Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Up:
Fun Fashion Friday
Photographs are under the creative direction of F.D. Harrison and are the property of So What to Twenty!

28 comments:

  1. I wish I was bold enough to wear white!! I have 3 toddlers though so I doubt it would stay white very long!

    Two nights ago I read your book that I won in your giveaway some months back and I wanted to stop by and let you know. I lost my mom to cancer when I 19 and I feel very blessed to have come across your giveaway, blog, and book. It was very inspirational, so thank you. Going on 10 years pretty soon since she has been gone and it's still tough.

    I'm looking forward to reading your new book as well! I'm generally a jeans and tee type of gal but I'd like to get a little more stylish as I move into my 30th year.

    Thanks again for everything- I've been in a lot of reflection this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tyneisha! I was thinking of you recently. So glad you finally dropped a word. I always hope my book will find its way into the right hands. I'm glad you found it inspiring. Yes, it will be tough. I can't tell you it won't always hurt. For me, I had to come to a place where I could bury her in my heart. That's where she is today. I take comfort in having her with me.

      I understand about white with toddlers. Those were my No White years as well :)

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed everything about this post. I will go back and read it tonight while I am in bed to savor it even more. Glenda you are awesomely amazing and oh so inspiring. Thanks for all you do for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephannie! I always enjoy it when you comment. Thank you so much for your kind words. Enjoy your bedtime reading :)

      Delete
  3. I am so happy to have found your blog! So many seem to be either for 20 - somethings or are all tailored slacks, button down tops, and jackets. Which are great for some - but not my personal cup of tea. As I look over your blog I see myself thinking how much I love your style and how it's looks I would actually wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beckey! Welcome to So What to Twenty! You'll rarely see me in a buttoned up look. I'm a California bohemian at heart. I gravitate toward clever, artsy, and unique pieces. Have fun scrolling through the posts :)

      Delete
  4. It is a lovely addition to your white top collection. Really cute. The sandals are (again) wonderful. And I am so happy that you are going to post once a week instead of twice. As I cannot handle all the commenting on all the blogs I follow anymore. I too have to choose. And my own blog comes first. So if you don't see me commenting as often, it is not because I don't think you are not interesting anymore, but because I am saving time by not commenting. Not nice. I know. But choices have to be made.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetje, you are the most honest woman I know, and I love it!

      Delete
  5. Very nice outfit! I love the combination of the pant and the heels, looks amazing and complet. regarding the white top, i'm not really for this style but i find it awsome on you, it feets you well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love white but my body chemistry turns the underarms yellow, so I avoid it. I love the back of that top. Enjoy some down time over the summer and refuel.
    b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, I understand what you mean about the yellowing. Even so, I simply can't get enough of them :)

      Delete
  7. Rockin' this outfit Missy. . . just effortless and chic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kind of late catching up this week! I love the streamlined look of this outfit. Especially love the back detail on that top! White is a big favorite of mine too, seems to work all the time for any occasion. I certainly understand the need to streamline - while pressure might do it for me when I'm at my place of business, in my real life (outside of work), I need plenty of alone time, plenty of down time, and if I'm working on any type of project at all, I can't have my plate piled with other stuff. So I sure do get it! Always look forward to your posts Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The switch from your work to personal life makes perfect sense. I couldn't imagine working full-throttle in both parts of your life. It would drive you crazy.

      This top is so precious, Karen. I love the simple ruffled collar and the streamline cut of it. It's a very photogenic top, and super fun to wear!

      Delete
  9. Love the view from the back -- sharp!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, the top is very clever.

      Delete
  10. Not long ago a girlfriend asked me why I have so many white tops. LOL! She just doesn't get it. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get enough of them. I make a beeline right toward them!

      Delete
  11. I love this ruffled blouse Glenda. It's just the kind of thing I'd wear myself. Good luck with your writing x
    Anna
    www.annasislandstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna! It was a tough decision to make, but a necessary one. I'm on a mission. The top is perfection. I love it!

      Delete
  12. Gorgeous styling Glenda, Love the almost simple outfit, the detailing on the white shirt is lovely, the denim is very on point, and the bracelet, OH, YES-- FLY, ( and you are too). Super cool black platform sandals!
    Stay at the pace you need to achieve, and keep you mind happy and settled!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elle! I absolutely love this look. The special little details make a simple ensemble POP! I like the freedom of spreading my wings and taking flight. No words.

      Delete
  13. This is so classically chic with that little bit of perfect Glenda-ness mixed right in. You know exactly what you are doing. My mom collected owls, too. That really makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much Connie. I really do enjoy putting looks together. It gives me life! Each time I see an owl I'm reminded of my Mom. How special our Mom's had the same collection.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda