7.24.2016

Destination Chico's: Exotic

Stop #1:

When the word exotic comes to mind, I'm immediately transported to a far-off region where I imagine myself strolling the streets while shopping for unique wares - the sound of the salty sea lapping against the shore. The air is warm and my dress flutters in the breeze. As I glance up, I see sturdy palms kissing the sky; the scent of wild gardenia flowers and exotic spices permeate the air. I am lost in the mystery of the land, and my heart is captured by its wonder...

Welcome to Destination Chico's - a six month journey designed to introduce you to my favorite Chico's looks, and to inspire you to indulge in further exploration of the boutique. 

With July being a month set aside for vacationing, my first look captures the imagination of the world traveler, the free spirit, and the young at heart - an exotic print maxi dress, bold silver-tone earrings, and if time is of the essence - a watch with a band of beaded chains that isn't strictly utilitarian, but a clever piece of jewelry as well. Enjoy this exotic look and I'll meet you in the comment section below.

 

Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Chico's. I received compensation in exchange for sharing with my blog public. Although this post is a partnership, all opinions are my own.

On this day, when the temperature gauge hits the 100 degree mark, I feel at ease in my own skin...and in my attire. The silky movement of the dress gives me a feeling of cool, relaxed sophistication - a feeling we all want to have when traveling the world, or enjoying life within our own backyards.

Outfit Details - Floral Blouson Maxi Dress (I am wearing a size 1 Petite but could have easily slipped into an 0.5 Petite): Courtesy of Chico's; Silver-Tone Hammered Clip-on earrings: Courtesy of Chico's; Kerrianne Watch: Courtesy of Chico's; Polish is Dust of Bronze by Maybelline; Thumb Ring and Snake Ring purchased from the Getty Villa gift shop; Tie-Up sandals via eBay; Espresso colored belt is Calvin Klein via TJ Maxx; Wine Colored Sunnies via Ann Taylor Loft









  


I hope you enjoyed today's exotic travel. Feel free to click the links to discover the boutique on your own. I'll be back next month with another chapter of Destination Chico's. Until then {wink}

Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
 You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Photographs are under the creative direction of F.D. Harrison and are the property of So What to Twenty!

31 comments:

  1. I love that dress. It looks like summer, vacation and oh so chic! You look great in it, the print doesn't overpower small women.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dress is everything you stated and more, Haralee. It makes me feel wonderful, and exotic :)

      Delete
  2. Glenda, this is a gorgeous dress and what is most important, it makes you shine. Petfect for you and the hot temperatures where you live.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetje, thank you. I really do love the dress. It's extra special, and the Wright of the fabric is lovely.

      Delete
  3. That's a beautiful dress, and even though you are petite, the print is perfect! I like how you picked up the wine color in the dress with your glasses, and that watch!! That's just fabulous! I am putting that one on my wish list! I definitely get the exotic destination feeling with this look. There is something about a maxi dress that feels so feminine and chic! This is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came alive in this exotic dress. We took 571 pictures and trust when I say - it was hard to narrow the choices of pictures. The dress is very photogenic. I guess I debunked the idea of petites being unable to wear large prints :) And yes, the watch. It came with several removable links to adjust to your size. Winner!

      Delete
  4. Love this! You look cool, comfortable, and gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's exactly how I feel wearing it :)

      Delete
  5. Wonderful combination of pieces to make a gorgeous summer look! You look happy, relaxed, and beautiful. xo

    Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Patti. The dress is a very special piece.

      Delete
  6. Wow Glenda! You are absolutely beautiful in this dress, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. It just says so much about fun and spontaneity - living in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed. The dress evoked many feelings - carefree being one of them.

      Delete
  8. Is there anything you don't look gorgeous in? That dress looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leanne, you're sweet. Thank you kindly.

      Delete
  9. I will click and shop absolutely everything you post for two reasons: 1) I have the same shape, and never before have I experienced the luxury of seeing clothes modeled on someone who looks like me, and 2) your elan is second to none. I used to shop Chico's for my mom and had written them off for me because I thought them dowdy. But they've won me back with these posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all, thank you for introducing me to a new word - elan. I thought I'd heard every word pertaining to style. Writing this in my book of words. I think if you give Chico's a closer look, you'll find some interesting pieces. I surely did!

      Delete
  10. First of all I'd like to give a cheer to Fred. His photography has really gone up a whole level. Of course, with a model like you.... So, I did not know that Chico's had petites. I've always stayed away from there because the clothes were just too much for me but hey, you are a great ambassador. I'll poke my nose back in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Fred has gotten better with time, but then again, so have I. In the beginning I was terrified of the camera. Yes, Connie, Chico's has petites in most of the styles. Give them a try.

      Delete
  11. The color and print are just stunning on you and I love that watch! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cathy! I believe I made an excellent choice. I LOVE each piece!

      Delete
  12. This dress is perfect on you for cocktails by the bay or date night. I love the colors and the ease of how you just Sashay. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Neti! As a matter of fact, I'm wearing in on date night this week :)

      Delete
  13. Glenda, you've certainly captured "exotic" in this gorgeous, flowing dress. I love this post and as we're in winter (and next week heading to the mountains for a winter "vacay") it's a breath of summer, the heady scent of gardenias in my garden to come later in the year.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, enjoy the coziness of winter. Thank you so much! I think this dress is fabulous. Chico's really scored with this one :)

      Delete
  14. Yes, I see it now, but this dress is so much prettier than mine! I adore this print! I think it was made for you, Love the watch too, and your perfect phrasing.
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just amazed how in sync you and I have been with our blog selections. It's kind of cool :)

      Delete
  15. Beautiful & elegant you are Glenda!💗
    It been a while haven't been on your blog for some time.
    Hope you having a Jazzy summer!😎

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda