7.04.2016

A Wild Time

Hi Friends! 

For those who connect with me on Instagram (follow me by clicking Instagram) you were treated to a wide variety of snapshots of cool events I attended over the holiday weekend. On Friday, myself and five other beautifully seasoned women were invited to a private breakfast and shopping party at our local Anthropologie. When I received the invitation, I asked someone to pinch me...private shopping at Anthro - Hell Heck Yeah! 

When we arrived to the store, we were greeted by the warm and friendly staff who were equally as excited. We were then ushered into the fitting room area that was outfitted with a spread of breakfast treats and coffee. Each of our fitting rooms had our names written on the doors, and were stocked full of merchandise that was curated to our individual taste and size by the personal shopping team...including a few items that would take us outside our comfort zones. How were we selected? The store manager informed us we were selected because of our loyalty to this particular store, for our great fashion sense, and because we inspire them! Now that's cool. That is what you call great customer service - when you watch your customers with an analytic eye so you are able to serve them to a higher degree. Once the outfits were tried on, we had great fun talking fashion, sharing styling tips, and posing in front of the backdrop that was made exclusively for us. It was indeed a wild time, and I'll never forget the experience. If my mother was still with me, she would be thrilled. After all, she was the one who got me hooked on the place.

Of course I had to walk away with a couple of items. And believe me when I say - it was very difficult to narrow my selections. I wanted just about everything I tried on and more! I decided on a top I went coo coo bird over since I first saw it featured in their catalog, plus another addition to my clever white top collection (you'll see it soon on the blog). But for today's style story, I'm featuring the top that made me go wild. I hope you enjoy the pictures, and I'll meet you below in the comment section.



To set the mood for today's wild style story, I'm wearing the top that had me swinging from the chandeliers - a tribal inspired swing tank that gives the illusion of snake skin. I have a penchant for this type of silhouette, so I was extra excited to add this one to my growing collection of peplums. The top's dye treatment is very clever, it begins with olive green and tapers to a light cognac at the hem. For added texture, the top glistens with a variety of sequin and bugle beads. To pull the look together, I slithered into my cropped denim and chose my antique brushed snake charmer cuff and cat-eye sunglasses. The sandals manage to blend effortlessly with the cognac hem as well as the sparkle in the top.

Outfit Details - Top: Suva Swing Tank: Anthropologie; Sandals: Lien.Do by Seychelles Durango Kitten Heels: Anthropologie; Jeans: Petite Modern Kick Crop in Dark Rinse: Ann Taylor Loft; Snake Charmer via the Getty Museum giftshop; Cat-eye Sunnies via the Getty Museum giftshop


 








Here I am with a few of the beautiful participants. Strange how we exited the fitting room with similar looks.

This was my first experience shopping with a personal shopper. In the past, I have been the one pulling looks for others. I'm not going to lie...it felt wonderful to be pampered. I'm especially thrilled to see the store reach out to women 40 plus, and treat us with the respect we deserve. Well done Anthro-ranchocucamonga @Victoria Gardens - Well done {wink}

By the way, dear friends, my first write-up for GRAND Magazine is now live. You can view the issue by clicking the link below the picture.
Click HERE. Enjoy!


Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Up:
My Refined Style
 Photographs are under the creative direction of F.D. Harrison and are the property of So What to Twenty!

44 comments:

  1. That top is YOU! Great look & what a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That top is amazing! I probably would have walked right by that one for me but it is totally YOU! Congrats on that amazing honor to be included at your favorite store. I am sure there is much more ahead for you of this type of fun stuff! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the perfect beginning to my anniversary, BethAnn. The top is crazy cool. I love everything about it.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful top! I can see why you loved it so much and had to have it. Your shopping event at Anthro sounds so amazing, definitely a pinch myself kinda moment, congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still pinching myself, Kellyann!

      Delete
  4. That top is a stunner Glenda! I can see why you had to have it! I also love the top you have on in the picture with the other ladies. This sounds like a fabulous time! How spot on for Anthro to think of doing this! I love how your sandals perfecting mirror the color at the hem of the top! Winner! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard to decide what to bring home, Karen. But I dreamed about this top. I love it. Usually I have a clear picture of what shoes will go with an item, however this time, I didn't realize until I got the top home. What a pleasant surprise to see how perfectly they complimented each other.

      Delete
  5. Lucky you!! That top is EVERYTHING! So are those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE THAT TOP! What a fun experience. So glad you shared it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute top! I love Anthropologie, you look great. I plan to feature my Anthropologie top tomorrow on the blog. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kery! I'll have to pop over to see your outfit!

      Delete
  8. Ok, to me "shopping party" is all I need to hear. I am there! You add anthropologie, well lets just say I would run, and not walk! Love the metallic tribal peplum, how did you find three tends in one top? It looks so great on you! And the shoes. LOVE!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elle, this top is magical. I had been wanting to add a tribal element to my wardrobe. This is the perfect piece. Not too literal, playful, unique. A great combination. Trust me, I had on my running she's :)

      Delete
  9. Oh, I cant wait to rad the article, that will be my bedtime story!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Beautifully seasoned women" - I love it! I can understand why you went wild about that top, it's amazing, absolutely "you". Thanks for sharing your story and so lovely to see the other "beautifully seasoned women" with you in the last photo (and so lovely to see your whole beautiful face without sunnies) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! I remove the sunglasses from time to time. I have to wear them though. They keep me from squinting in the intense California sun.

      Delete
  11. Now this is an event I would very much like to experience. How utterly wonderful. Great service by Anthropologie, great top. And as usual you styled it perfectly. And also as uual I love the sandals.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greetje! Yes, it was a perfectly beginning for an incredible weekend. Kudos to Anthropologie.

      Delete
  12. Totally understand your reaction to that top. It looks fabulous! What a great expereince.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are no words, Haralee, for the top or the experience!

      Delete
  13. That top is so Glenda and pretty darn special. I love how you styled it and the glitz is such a nice compliment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neti, I must admit - I've fallen in love with this top :)

      Delete
  14. This is a very good silhouette for you. I love this particular top because it looks like a very elegant tutu. How fun to be chosen though I'm not surprised. I'm sure you turn heads everywhere you go. I know that you are constantly inspiring me. Now, if Anthro decides to have a special shopping day for those of us that crawl around in the sale room then I'm in!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What really make it nice, Connie, is that it's made of t-shirt material. It forms perfectly to the curves and doesn't feel constricting. You're right, it does look like a tutu :) By the way...I always head right to the sale room!

      Delete
  15. That top is beautiful!! I love the way you styled it too. I love Anthro also. It has crossed my mind that once a season there should be at least one thing purchased there because they are a little bit unique and that's fun. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great goal, Stacey. You'll be very happy with your unique items. I know I am :)

      Delete
  16. That top is gorgeous, and certainly "you"!!! What a fun event you were able to be a part of - thanks for sharing the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  17. No one does a peplum top like you Glenda!!! That top was made for you! Love how the bottom is a diferent color - just very cool. And your killing me with those shoes!!! Congrats on the Anthro event - so exciting and how lucky for them to have you!

    Cherie
    http://www.stylenudge.com
    STYLE NUDGE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherie, I think I'm going peplum mad! I can't stop myself. Both shoes and top are Anthro. Funny thing, I purchased them at separate times. When I purchased the top, I forgot the sandals would go perfectly with it. The Anthro event was a great way to begin my anniversary weekend.

      Delete
  18. Sounds like a fun time with the ladies, and I love love your top! I really do look for unique and detailed items and the top has that and more. Your shoes are wonderful as well, I just love laced up shoes!
    Thanks for linking up with My Refined Style!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica. I have quite a collection of lace-up shoes I started acquiring decades ago!

      Delete
  19. Glenda,
    This top is fabulous, you wear it well. You have so many exciting fashion experiences and a wedding anniversary too, congratulations on your many accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, I'm having a wonderful time! Thank you :)

      Delete
  20. What a sassy cute top, Glenda! I am a little slow getting around to visit the blogs who linked to the July My Refined Style Linkup. Thanks for adding your fabulous style to our over-40 party!

    Shellie
    www.thefabjourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm cleaning email and saw it missed this post...but I'm glad I caught it! This top is really nice and it would be perfect for me (I have a bit of a stomach pouch and that would hide it .lol ..lucky you. ) but I do love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda