6.21.2016

Shades of Green

Green signifies nature, growth, rebirth, fertility, self-respect and balance.

I'm back! I feel rested, restored and ready to begin the second half of the year. As an entrepreneur, it is always difficult to step away from your passion, but if I don't take that precious time, I would find myself unable to create, and out of balance. Stepping away has a way of energizing my soul. So, what did I do while away from the blog? Well, to be honest, I didn't do anything spectacular...and I kind of wanted it that way. I did attend an outdoor jazz concert at the Los Angeles Country Museum of Art (LACMA); attended a family gathering; spent a lot of time watching a program called - The Paradise on Netflix; I found myself enthralled with the BIG basketball game between the Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers. I discovered acting is a big part of playing basketball. Cleveland star player, LeBron James, should win an Oscar for his believable performance as an injured athlete. One of my favorite moments was the day I pampered myself with a facial, mani/pedi, and left conditioner in my hair for the entire day. My time wasn't all frills and relaxation. On Monday, we found ourselves having to evacuate a family member from the crazy wild fires. Her home was saved, but it was scary. If you follow me on Instagram, you would have seen the pictures. The fire was at her front door!

Even in the midst of danger, there was something beautiful about the fire. Fire naturally fertilizes the soil. Once the smoke is clear, the rains will come, and again, the mountain will bloom with the beauty of a lush terrain in various shades of green - a natural rebirth. We could view the cycle of our lives in the same manner. We go through periods of growth; we may become dormant and dry; fires come to destroy the old, then the new springs forth. I don't know about you, but this is a very poignant process in my life - one I often fear, but in the end, it always brings something even more beautiful than before.

As many of you know, So What to Twenty has been going through a natural rebirth and growth. My time away came at a crucial time. As I was planning my vacay, my story appeared on Chico's blog - Inside Chic and oh my goodness, I wasn't prepared for the amount of interaction that followed. My phone was set on fire with messages (no pun intended)! Since the break of the story, I received invitations to participate in other collaborations - one being with My Side of 50 by Cathy Lawdanski (you can see my feature on accessories by clicking My Side of 50)! I'm thrilled with the collaboration with Cathy, whom I met at BAM. Because of my new friendship with Cathy, I have come to meet her very talented daughter - Allison Taylor of ATaylor Illustrations (see her creation of me below) Allison will be creating the illustrations for my upcoming book on Style! But wait - there's more! Beginning in July I'll have a monthly collaboration with Chico's that I've dubbed, Destination - Chico's. With this monthly series, I'll wear my favorite fashion picks from Chico's! And finally, in September, I'm having my first Special Guest Appearance as a Style Expert (more to come on this subject).

With all the growth sprouting in the life of So What to Twenty, I thought it befitting to wear an ensemble which captures the very essence of my current life situation - pure white is set against a pair of gumdrop green shorts, and a dramatic necklace by Chico's which cast various shades of green. The pictures are shot on location at a park. Notice all the beautiful greenery as you scroll through the pictures. Enjoy!


Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Chico's. I received compensation in exchange for sharing with my blog public. Although this post is a partnership, all opinions are my own.








 


I'm absolutely in love with Allison's depiction of me from Inspired by Chanel!


So my dear friends, I'm looking forward to continuing our journey on style. Remember, the fires will come, and yes, they are scary and may destroy whatever is in its path, but always know, it will fertilize the ground on which you stand; and once again, there will be the most lovely shades of green to behold {wink}
Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Photographs are the property of So What to Twenty!

19 comments:

  1. I loved watching The Paradise. I'm so glad that you & Allison connected! I'm trying to sign off for a week from blogging so I can come home rested & restored like you! It's hard to put it down. You are rockin' those cute shorts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, I think this is you. I am overjoyed with my connection with Allison. I can't wait until the end result...but first, I must write :)
      Once you get on board the ship, you'll forget all about the work. Enjoy! And thank you. The shorts are super comfortable.

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy for you Glenda, things are really rolling along and all the new projects do sound very exciting! Love that illustration. I like your shorts a lot, that waistband is great and I love the color. Chico's jewelry is always stunning and this necklace is no exception. This is an all around classy look! I'm so glad your sister-in-law is safe and that her house was saved. That is a relief for everyone, I'm sure. And I have to say Glenda, being from Ohio, and believe me when I say the basketball game was all anyone was talking about here, I absolutely agree with you about LeBron James. And there were others who could flop along with the best of them. They know how to work it, don't they? It's very obvious to those watching that it is a whole lot of acting! I'm glad you are rested and refreshed because it sounds like your upcoming projects are going to keep you very busy! (Just read your book AGAIN and got even more out of it the third time!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, thank you so much. I feel great and ready to go. I agree, Chico's has incredible jewelry and clothing. Everything has a special touch. The necklace I'm wearing in this post is so beautifully constructed. I actually felt sorry for LeBron. I was hoodwinked. What an actor. Well, at least he knows what he can do when he retires from basketball. Karen, you make me smile. Thank you for keeping A Place Called Peace in your rotation :)

      Delete
  3. Great things come to those who wait & your Fabulousness shine. You are such a fine example of "So what to twenty" and I love to see you soar. Blessings to you my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neti, you are so sweet. Thank you so much, my friend!

      Delete
  4. The necklace is gorgeous! I'm happy for all your exciting news on your favorite topic, style. Well done, Glenda! Enjoy your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natalia. I'm enjoying this season.

      Delete
  5. Whoa!! Glenda, I am just reading all the details from your news and it is so exciting!! I am so happy for you. I am singing that song by Kelly Price, Itś My Time. You need to look up the song and lyrics as they are perfect for your season!

    I am also happy that your SIL is all right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Shon! I will look up the song ;)

      Delete
  6. Looking good Glenda! Love the green!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on all the great things coming your way! You're a wonderful writer and you have a way of putting together great style! Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, you're so kind. Thank you kindly.

      Delete
  8. Lookin' fly and fresh! Your bermudas reminded me of this parody. Have you seen it already? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhmSgpqlKWE&app=desktop

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so pleased you had a good break away (despite having the fires). You look fabulous in this outfit - but you would look fabulous in any outfit! Your beauty and positive energy always radiates. I love the photo of you up the top of this page in the blue top and black skirt and heels (is this the blue top you wore in the Vacay post? A versatile piece, looks very stylish and comfortable. Have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Elizabeth. Yes the top is the same top. It's from Ann Taylor Loft and I absolutely adore it. The fabric is chambray but it feels like silk. It has incredible movement.

      Delete
  10. How I love the green shorts and white tops! The symbolism is apt!I am so thrilled to see you grow !
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda