6.08.2016

New Horizon - HUGE Announcement!!


Alas I am able to share my really exciting news!

As many of you know, back in April of this year, I was invited to speak at the Bloggers at Midlife (BAM) Conference. As time approached to attend the event, I began to feel apprehension because of my fear of public speaking. Instead of letting the fear win, I made the empowering decision to go ahead with my initial plans and speak at BAM. Oh my goodness, am I ever so thankful I went. BAM had quite a list of corporate sponsors, one of them being Chico's. During the conference, my interaction with the Chico's representatives was brief, however I knew there was a special connection. They were, of course, very friendly. The first day of the conference, we were all invited over to the Chico's booth to pick up the lovely gifts they had for us. I chatted briefly with the Manager of Public Relations. However, the second day, I made my way back to their booth to pick-up additional swag that I could share with you, my readers, for the #HelloImFabulous Giveaway (Congrats to Daenel for winning!) It was during this conversation, I was told by the Manager of PR that Chico's wanted to collaborate with So What to Twenty!

After the conference, Chico's collaborated with So What to Twenty on several sponsored posts. If you didn't catch them, here they are again:


While in the mist of this wonderful collaboration, I was informed I had been on Chico's radar for many months prior to BAM. When the Manager of PR found out I was speaking, she took BAM as an opportunity to meet me in person. One wonderful talk led to another, and...(Drum roll please)...I'm now featured on the Chico's blog - Inside Chic! Trust me when I say, I am absolutely thrilled, stunned, shocked, ecstatic, happy, humbled...the list can go on for days. Even with a mile-long list of adjectives, there still isn't one that clearly identifies how I feel.

There was no pitching required. As a matter of fact, I have never pitched a brand. For one reason, I always rested on the idea of just being Glenda, and my love for what I do will shine. I think back two years ago when I told artist Joni James her tattoo inspired me to take a journey of self-sploration. Joni then sent me one of her creations - a beautiful butterfly. The butterfly came with a note which stated - May the sun always shine on your horizon. I hold the message close to my heart. Indeed, I feel like the sun is shining on my future.

Also, remember when I mentioned in a post called Refreshed, the volunteer work I do with Dress for Success, and how we were in need of a retailer to support our efforts with a fashion show fundraiser? Well, it is Chico's who so graciously collaborated with us! Thanks Chico's - may the sun always shine on your horizon.  


Please click INSIDE CHIC. You'll be directed to my feature. Enjoy! 

New Horizons (click to hear actual song)
by the Sylvers
Can't let the sun go down on me, oh no more
Can't let myself be washed out at sea, I've got to stay ashore
The world is full of ups and downs, you know what I mean
I got to make my mark in life, I'm through with dreams
Now I got to push ahead, 'cause the more I put out
The more it comes back
I'll do better things instead of hanging out in the streets
'Cause when the lights go down I'll see, I'm free
Got to meet my new horizon
Ooh, got to meet my new horizon
I got to live my life, I got to live my life
Now I got to push ahead
Onto better things instead
I'll see, I'm free
Got to meet my new horizon
Got to meet my new horizon
I got to live my life, I got to live my life, ooh
Got to meet my new horizon
Got to meet my new horizon
The world is full of ups and downs, yeah
I got to live my life, I'm through, I am through with dreams
Got to meet my new horizon


Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Ups:
Visible Monday
Shoe & Tell
Photographs are the property of So What to Twenty!

65 comments:

  1. That's fashionably fabulous! Congrats. It's not surprising, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love your attitude and your embodiment of the notion: I am enough. Congratulations congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carla. It took many years for me to realize I am enough. It was a rough journey, but in hindsight, I'm thankful to have grown for the journey.

      Delete
  3. I can not tell you how excited I am to be able to follow your journey. What an exciting thing and a perfect match for one classy lady! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beth Ann! You're a sweetheart.

      Delete
  4. This is such fabulous news! I'm so thrilled for you. I can't think of anyone more deserving! Congrats, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Blushing* I always think about how I had to keep asking you for techno help at BAM. Thank you, Andrea. You're so kind.

      Delete
  5. I think my comment disappeared so I'll try again. Most of my wardrobe is Chico's, particularly Travelers and SO Slim jeans. Congrats and well-deserved, Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy! Well you have excellent taste :)

      Delete
  6. Congratulations Glenda, you are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My happiest congratulations to you Glenda! How very wonderful to see dreams become reality! I really do understand why they picked you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still scratching my head, Karen. Stunned, but thankful I am.

      Delete
  9. Just read "Inside Chic" and loved every word! It is so you and you are so genuine. I agree with Doreen, you ARE fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *blushing* Karen, you are a dear heart. Thank you!

      Delete
  10. What a fabulous story----congrats!!
    jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this story. What a beautiful way to establish a real connection with a brand. Congrats and much success to you, Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deborah. I was taken so off-guard. Probably for the best. I couldn't do or be anyone but myself. If I had known they were watching I would have been even more nervous.

      Delete
  12. Congratulations Glenda! That's really amazing new, what a honor for them to seek you out like that, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, Rena - a HUGE honor. I am humbled.

      Delete
  13. This couldn't happen to a nicer woman! Congratulations, Glenda!!
    b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Barbara. I appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  14. Oh Glenda. I am so proud of you. You deserve everything good that is coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my sweet friend. Thank you so much. It's been a long road to here.

      Delete
  15. Wonderful! There were special things happening at BAM! Congrats, kudos, and WAY TO GO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! BAM was incredible. Thank you!

      Delete
  16. WAHOOOOO!!! So happy for you! Such a great brand too - I'm a huge fan of Chico's for years! You look so radiant on these photos, Glenda, so relaxed and elegant - in other words, so Chico's! :) Sincerely glad for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Natalia, thank you! I felt so good and relaxed being photographed. Strange thing, the weather was just awful,then the day of the photo shoot, it was a perfectly clear day. May the sun always shine...

      Delete
  17. Congratulations and well deserved. You do know how to style. I am so glad for you. Left a comment at Chico's too.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Greetje! I love styling and talking about style. I eat, sleep and dream the subject. You're a lovely woman. Thank you for commenting on both websites.

      Delete
  18. Oh Glenda that is such fantastic news! This was a major announcement and you chose the perfect location and outfit to scream it in! I am so happy for you. Thank you for inspiring! God bless your new journey. I'll be reading all the way with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jamala, what a whirlwind the past few months have been. Thank you!

      Delete
  19. This is huge news! So cool. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful news dear Glenda! Well deserved! Wish you luck but also that you will have a lot of fun!

    Dana
    https://danalovesfashionandmusic.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is wonderful Glenda and I know your family are so excited for you and your endeavors. Congratulations on the Brand Ambassadorship as well as getting over your fear of public speaking which is major in itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Antionette! I'm not sure if the fear will ever leave me, but it is more manageable now. Yes, my family is a great support, and they're very happy Chico's featured me on Inside Chic :)

      Delete
  22. Congrats Glenda, you are the perfect candidate :)
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations!!! I'm going to check out the feature now. I'm so excited for all of the opportunities that are opening up to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daenel! Yes, go check it out, and subscribe to Inside Chic. It's a really good blog.

      Delete
  24. Congratulations, and wonderful news. And well-deserved; you have great style, Glenda! xox

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Patti! I am absolutely thrilled that Chico's had me on their radar.

      Delete
  25. How exciting! Well deserved, Glenda. The collaboration came together organically -- I love that. And Chico's donation for your fundraiser is icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love that Chico's featured you. They have great stuff and by featuring you they just upped their cool factor by 10! Thanks so much for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday!

    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, how cool for you to say, Dawn! I didn't realize I had the ability to up someone's cool factor :)

      Delete
  27. Congratulations ... just discovered your blog via Visible Mondays ... you are most inspiring ... love that you looked fear straight on and conquered it like the amazing strong woman you certainly are!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you, Glenda, and congratulations...I have just discovered your blog through Visible Monday. What an amazing,inspiring, beautiful woman you are. Thank you for sharing your wonderful stories.
    Very best wishes,
    Elizabeth.

    https://fabulousageing.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth! Thank you for your kind words.

      Delete
  29. Congratulations! That's awesome news. On your next Chico's post you will have to share what size in the Chico's brand you wear. I find that store so difficult to shop because of their odd sizing policy. The last time I walked into that store and I picked up my usual size (a size 4) it looked like a size 14! I couldn't believe it. Vanity sizing gone overboard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy! I love Chico's sizing. It's very simple once you get the hang of it. When you order online, they ask what sizing you wear in other brands and then they give you an idea of what you'll wear in their clothing. I wear a .5 or 1 Petite.

      Delete
  30. So well said, Glenda. "I always rested on the idea of just being Glenda, and my love for what I do will shine." You are a a light that can't be resisted :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda