5.04.2016

Urban Cowgirl

This sponsored post is in partnership with Chico's. I received compensation in exchange for sharing with my blog public. Although this post is sponsored, all opinions are my own.

The city in which I reside is a unique mix of urban life combined with rolling hills of farm land. Behind the city's pristine outdoor shopping gallery is a large hill where cattle roam free. On any given day, you may share the road with a business man or woman in the latest model BMW, along with a cowgirl/boy taking their horse for a ride. And, it's not unusual to see chickens scattered about someones backyard. One would think I lived miles away from the big city, when in fact, I'm fortunate enough to be nestled smack dab in the middle of everything...a quick jaunt to the mountains - 45 minutes into downtown Los Angeles - Palm Springs just down the highway - the Pacific Ocean about 20 miles away. In my opinion, there couldn't be a better place for a girl like myself - one who loves the trappings of the big city, but craves the slower pace of the countryside. I guess a good name for a woman like myself would be an Urban Cowgirl.

Yes, I adore getting all dolled-up for a night out on the town - taking in a play, dinner, or perhaps an art walk. Then there are the times when I enjoy an evening walk around the neighborhood (making sure I don't step in anything the horses left behind), or visiting a farmer to purchase fresh eggs. Perhaps my love for both worlds developed because my mother was raised on a farm. When we would visit, my grandmother would share her treasure trove a beautiful jewelry with her granddaughters. I enjoy both worlds, and today's outfit proves my case - a careful mix of sweet country flavor (displayed by the soft denim shirt and drapey fringe skirt) in combination with a touch of urban elegance (the touches of gold in the jewelry and belt). I hope you enjoy today's look which comes courtesy of Chico's.

 Skirt, Top and Bracelet:
courtesy of Chico's

Outfit Details: Tie-Dye Fringe Maxi Skirt: Chico's; Light-Wash Denim Shirt: Chico's; Magnetic Stella Coin Bracelet: Chico's; Espesso Brown Suede Boots: J.Crew (I've had them for over a decade. Almost identical Brown Suede Boots by Jimmy Choo. Many options on Shopstyle); Dark Brown Belt: Ralph Lauren (Similar Belt at Nordstrom), Sunglasses: Calvin Klein via TJ Maxx; Nail Polish is Petal Plush by Maybelline






The elegance of the gold bracelet and ring in stark contrast to the rustic countryside

I think I spotted a critter.


   
Can you see my friend?
Tell me friends, which do you prefer - City, Country, or Both? Thank you to Chico's for outfitting me in clothing that resonates with my spirit - an urban cowgirl {wink}

Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Ups:
Visible Monday
Shoe & Tell
Photographs are the property of So What to Twenty!

24 comments:

  1. Fun outfit, Glenda and, of course, I love Chico's...been shopping there almost 30 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where you live sounds wonderful to me! I am also one who loves urban life, country life and beach life, just in reverse order!! This is one of the reasons I'm having difficulty choosing a retirement location! Love your skirt, and the shirt is definitely a classic! That skirt is so much fun, and I can also see it being dressed up (urban chic) with a jacket, country-chic the way you are wearing it, and beach chic with a tank top and sandals! Very versatile! Great look, and lucky you to live where you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, me too, Karen, I practically live at the beach in the summer. The skirt is so fun to wear. I love the swooshy tassels. I agree, I can see this skirt with a tank top and cute sandals for a summer night having dinner.

      Delete
  3. You've done it again-your styling is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun look Glenda.You look amazing! Chico's is a wonderful resource for stylish fashion! Thanks for sharing with us at My Refined Style.
    Cheers,
    Jennifer
    http://awellstyledlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a city/country girl, too. You really do have the best of both worlds. This is a terrific look as always. That skirt is insane! I may have to wander into a Chico's....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Connie, the skirt is insane. Love at first sight for me. I hope you find it in the store.

      Delete
  6. What a fun look on you Glenda and I love that coin bracelet!
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nora! The bracelet is very cool. I have always loved bracelets that jingle and make a little sound. This one is so cool.

      Delete
  7. Fabulous styling. I really love the skirt. Cute!

    http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/2016/05/turn-up-heat.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Idu. It truly is a fun skirt.

      Delete
  8. I adore that skirt and your locale! What a fabulous mix of attribute for a home!
    I have both, too, but I have to travel quite a distance to to get my little cottage next to a horsefarm, in East Hampton.
    You always read urban to me, and sophisticated, and do not see the cowgirl, but I am glad to see the horse behind you! ( or is it a cow, my eyesight.... oh dear!)
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the earthiness of life, Elle. Being close to nature centers me. The skirt is super cool. I'm very excited to have it in my wardrobe.

      Delete
  9. Fabulous styling, and you look terrific as always. I think where you live sounds like a little piece of heaven. xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patti! Yes, it is a little slice of paradise.

      Delete
  10. Awesome look! Love that skirt! I prefer both...I live in the country, but love to spend time in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I have tried to shop at Chico's but always found their silhouettes to be a little boring. This, though, is very exciting! I'd wear it in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been enjoying the collaboration, Mithra. I like mixing their pieces with my existing wardrobe too.

      Delete
  12. Glenda, this look is fabulous and you wear it oh-so-well! I have picked your look as one of my favorites from last week's My Refined Style. I will be featuring you on my Monday fashion post.

    Shellie
    www.thefabjourney.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda