5.11.2016

Sexy Cool!

Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Chico's. I received compensation in exchange for sharing with my blog public. Although this post is a partnership, all opinions are my own.

With the onset of social media, it seems a week can't go by without someone in entertainment, regardless of age or gender, having the urge to put their bare bodies on show. Sure, there's nothing new about this type of behavior, and the reasons behind the display are numerous - everything from political statements on aging and sexism; to prove to the world how proud they are of their bodies; or, in the name of shock value fashion. Yadda Yadda Yadda. Whatever the reasoning, the action mostly comes across as a desperate cry. When the media isn't talking about the person enough, or at all, it's a way to get noticed - somewhat like a child having a major temper tantrum - Look at me! Pay attention to me!

I mean really, who doesn't want to feel, or be seen as desirable? I'm of the mindset my desirability far exceeds my birthday suit, and extends to my mental capacity and spirit as well. In my humble opinion, tweetable--->feeling sexy, just like feeling frumpy, dwell within the mind, and have the capability to resurrect themselves outwardly. So in other words, it isn't necessary to prove your sexiness by putting your parts on display. Tweetable ---> Feeling sexy comes from our powerful minds, so if you feel it, then it most definitely shows. Which explains why a person can wear simple jeans and tee, and sexiness exudes from their pores, or, visa versa - a person can wear simple jeans and tee and look haggard. It's all of the mind. You control it.

For today, I'm wearing a halter top I purchased decades ago. When I wear it, it provides the exclamation point on how I'm feeling (no need to explain). Paired with a perfect, sleek, antique white pant, the combination of the two = Sexy Cool! This outfit demonstrates a persons ability to look and feel sexy while remaining clothed. I hope you enjoy the look, and I'll meet you below in the comment section.


Texture Tapered Ankle Pants (Black Label)
courtesy of Chico's

Outfit Details: Texture Tapered Ankle Pants: Chico's;  Esprit Denim Halter (was purchased in the 90s at the original Esprit store in North Hollywood); Silver Wedge Sandals: Nina via ThredUp (Love the Glint 'Mallory' Wedge at Nordstrom); Soft Fabric Pouch: Ann Taylor Loft (Purchased last summer. Love the Steve Madden Beaded Clutch at Nordstrom); Polish is Onyx Rush by Maybelline.



 

 


Show the world your allure through your mind. The results are far richer and out-weigh the temporary attention you hope to gain by way of desperate attempts. So, put your clothes back on, gather some self-respect, and show us how sexy cool you are without your (fill in the blank) hanging out {wink} 

Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
 Photographs are the property of So What to Twenty!

27 comments:

  1. Sexy Cool & Fabulous in this outfit and that top is TDF. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will probably never let go of this top. I may not wear it after a particular age, but I do love it. Thanks Neti!

      Delete
  2. True Words. True true words. I remember that Esprit store. That was a good one, wasn't it? Lots of wisdom and of course the beautiful Glenda shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Connie, the store was fabulous. I was sad when it closed. I remember my merchandising class from FIDM went there as a field trip. We got to help set-up the store. And for our work, they gave us a pair of sunglasses. Thanks for the kind words. I always wonder what goes through the heads of celebrities.

      Delete
  3. A great look that looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing! I love Chico's. I had some misconceptions about it, but my friend Susan is a fan and showed me the error of my ways. They have amazing clothes--contemporary and stylish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, oh my goodness, I'm glad Susan changed your mind. Their clothes are so well made!

      Delete
  5. That top is so fabulous, I can see why you held onto it! Your words are SO true. How irritating it is when people feel they have to prove their worth by taking their clothes off for the world, or wearing something so see-through that it becomes tawdry. Your comparison to a temper tantrum is so right on. You show here that sexy can also be classy and chic! Great, great, great outfit Glenda. I just love that halter top!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! I'll probably never part with it. Hopefully my sons will have daughters. I would love to pass it along. It would make a great vintage piece. I often style it in the 70s theme.

      Delete
  6. I couldn't agree with you more! And I love that you're showing sexy in a grownup and tasteful way. And that you're showing that we don't lose "IT" once we get past a certain age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely we don't lose it at a certain age! As a matter of fact, we should feel even sexier...like a dang - I arrived state of mind. I'm digging my age, more than I did 30 and 40.

      Delete
  7. As usual you are owning that outfit. Very elegant and super sexy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the simple sexy look of the top and pants. Did I spot zippered pockets? Love that. Must get to Chicos this weekend!

      Delete
    2. Yes Haralee, you spotted zippered pockets, and also at the ankle. Nice, huh?

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh Glenda, I LOVE this. A denim halter top!!!! You certainly pull off the sexy! I used to wear halter tops all the time, but haven't since I was a teenager. I love how sexy they are. May have to purchase one. Love the silver shoes too!

    Cherie
    STYLE NUDGE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cherie! I will never part with this halter top. It has a cool 70s vibe to it, and I LOVE the fit.

      Delete
  9. I've said it before and yes I have got to say it again. I covet your style cents. I'm coming back to the bay area for an extended visit next year I would love if we could connect!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great! Do you think you'll come down to So Cal?

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous outfit, and love the glint of the silvery shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing is more sexy than confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  12. And indeed you look sexy fully clothed. Lovely outfit.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda