5.22.2016

Refreshed

Just before I headed to Las Vegas for the BAM Conference, I had taken on a major project with the organization where I volunteer my time - Dress for Success. The project was to help put together a fundraising event. I had suggested we move in the direction of a fashion show, since the basis of the organization is to help suit women with their work wardrobes. I had no idea, once I made the suggestion, just how difficult it would be to launch such a project. Everywhere I turned, the end result was a "Sorry, we can't help." So there I was, in Las Vegas, sweating bullets over my pending time in front of the conference attendees, as well as wondering how I was going to make the Dress for Success fundraiser come to life.

Needless to say, it was a very important connection I made in Las Vegas that lead to the beginning of a lovely partnership with So What to Twenty, as well as hosting the upcoming fundraiser. I'll tell you more about this serendipitous collaboration as time moves forward, but in the meantime, I must say, because of this encounter, I can now breathe a sigh of relief. The weight has been lifted. I feared having to tell the Board of Directors that my findings were negative. However, because I journeyed out of my comfort zone, and opened my eyes to new opportunities, I can now wipe my brow - I feel refreshed.

Wearing white, my favorite reflection of light, always makes me feel rejuvenated and refreshed. White has, and always will be a major staple in my wardrobe. Over the years, I have obtained quite a vast collection of white garments...some I treat preciously, while others are pieces I wear day-to-day. In today's style story, I'm wearing my latest white acquisition, and pumped it up with touches of camel and metallic silver. I hope you enjoy the pictures, and I'll meet you below in the comment section. Scroll down further and I'm sharing 4 beauty products that help keep me feeling refreshed. Enjoy!


What says refreshing more than a white eyelet summer dress? There's something apropos about wearing eyelet in a post which talks about feeling refreshed after having my eyes open for new opportunities. Was this dress planned, or was it simply subconscious? Hard to say, but I do know, wearing this traditional summer dress, with the excitement of my new pair of tie-up sandals and unexpected flower pin, makes me feel as if I'm relaxing with chilled cucumber slices on my eyes (smile).

Outfit Details - Eyelet Halter Dress from Ann Taylor Loft via eBay (there's a beautiful assortment of eyelet dresses at Nordstrom); Large Flower Pin purchased from Banana Republic years ago; Leopard Sunglasses: Ann Taylor Loft (last summer); Durango Silver Metallic/Leather Tie-up Sandals by Lien.Do by Seychelles: Anthropologie exclusive (also in red); Polish is Cosmo Not Tonight Honey! by OPI 







Here are some of my favorite refreshing beauty products:

I'll be honest, I just became aware of this product at BAM. It was included in our swag bag, and I immediately began using it. Now I'm hooked! Since I began using the cream, I've noticed the texture of the skin around my eyes feels incredibly soft and refreshed.

Just after my evening bath or shower, I slather this rich balm into my heels. I awaken each morning with silky and refreshed tootsies.

After my morning shower, I love misting the soft scent into my hair. All day long my senses are tickled with a gentle scent of rose.

Mio Body Brush
Every so often, before I step into the shower, I enjoy treating my skin to a dry brushing. In a slow, relaxed pace, beginning at my feet, I begin making circular motions - traveling toward my upper torso. A great way to increase circulation and exfoliate my skin.


I hope you enjoyed Refreshed. Please, join me over at Bloom for a post titled, Open Your Eyes - an inspirational story I hope will usher in a positive week {wink}
Gateway to Bloom

Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Ups:
Visible Monday
Shoe & Tell 
Photographs are the property of So What to Twenty!

26 comments:

  1. You look stunning, Glenda! Glad to hear your fundraiser project worked out...Dress for Success is such a wonderful organization.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I feel fantastic. I'm so glad it's coming together.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful look, Glenda! And congrats on your upcoming collaboration. xox

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this dress on you! I love the addition of the flower pin, too. I recently connected with the head of Dress For Success here in Southern Nevada. What a great organization!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, Darlene. I'm all for woman-power. Enjoy the work!

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful summer dress Glenda! Love how you styled it! I am just starting the dry brushing and have high hopes! So glad your project is underway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karen. My skin always feels fantastic after the brushing and shower. I hope you like the results.

      Delete
  5. This is an incredibly fresh, summery look which is at the same time sensuous and glamorous! How did you do it? :) White is truly gorgeous on you! Love the pin, and the sexy sandals too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that word...sensuous. Thank you Natalia!

      Delete
  6. You look amazing here, as fresh as a white daisy! Congrats on winning in the world of Concept vs Reality, which is always a real feat. The Dress For Success women need you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed Concept vs Reality was quite exhausting.

      Delete
  7. My favorite- white eyelet. I love this look. Your style is so refreshing, you are no fuss, but so chic. You always add something unexpected, like the flower pin or the absolutely adorable Seychelle lace ups.

    Cherie
    http://www.stylenudge.com
    STYLE NUDGE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherie, this means a lot coming from you, my very stylish friend. Thank you!

      Delete
  8. Hmmmmm. I love that dress on you and Dan just got the enough to think I mightcould rock it as well :-)
    And how have I forgotten about that eyecream tucked away in my bag? Mama tired mama need :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eye cream smells so yummy, Carla. That alone made me fall in love.

      Delete
  9. I'm so glad to hear that your project worked out, That dress is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great look on you Glenda and there's a Dress for Success not to far from the office - may need to donate a few items.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this dress. It is so cool and refreshing looking, yet elegant and chic. The shoes are fab, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen! Yes, the shoes make me swoon :)

      Delete
  12. Wow, you look stunning and cool! Love the dress and simple flower brooch! The sandlas are stunners. I am glad you connected with Dress for Success, what a nice thing to do!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Elle! The shoes feel like butter. I love them and I'm so happy they go with 99% of my wardrobe.

      Delete
  13. You are truly a beautiful woman and I adore the glow you possess. Keep doing what you do.. because it's all good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smiling from ear to ear. Jamala, thank you so very much. You made my day.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda