4.06.2016

On Repeat

I gave you full warning when I said you would see the jeans in today's post quite a few times. Yeah, I'm sort of obsessed with my new retro 70s inspired denim. Since first introducing you to them in the post titled, Can I Get an Amen, I have considered many different ways to style them. Each way gives them an entirely different look and feel. Yes indeed, they're on repeat, as well as the sequin vest, and I'm having a good time wearing them. 

In my opinion, a great garment purchase is one that affords you a substantial amount of wear with a variety of unique looks. One hit wonders have no place in my wardrobe, rather, I insist of purchases that meld seamlessly with many pieces in my wardrobe. It gives me great satisfaction to open my closet to discover a treasure trove of different looks. A mundane wardrobe is one with limited options and makes you look as if you're wearing the same thing over and over again. Here's a little pointer I've shared previously: 
When you find something you want to buy, ask yourself this very important question - Do I have at least 3 items in my existing wardrobe to wear with this piece? If you can answer 'Yes' to this question, it will guarantee you more mileage. When you have this mindset when shopping, you expand your closet into a carefully curated wardrobe. Trust me - it works!
For today, I'm showing you a completely different way I've styled the retro 70 flare jeans. I hope you enjoy the pictures, and I'll meet you in the comment section below.


Just by changing the top, notice the difference in the two looks. Today's look is a modern day disco queen meets corporate casual, while the Can I Get an Amen approach is more playful with the frilly top. Because of the cut and style of the jeans, both looks naturally give a wink to the 70s era.

Outfit Details - Petite Wide Leg Trouser Jean: Ann Taylor Loft (also in regular); Sequin Vest via eBay (check out the black sequin vests at Shopstyle); Polka Dot Tie Blouse via eBay (almost identical Evan-Picone at JC Penney); Belt: Nine West via TJ Maxx; Caged Michael Kors Sandals via TJ Maxx (crazy for the Topshop Lux Resist Lace-up at Nordstrom); Round Keyhole Sunglasses: Ann Taylor Loft 

Can I Get an Amen?





  


Since becoming a mother of two sons, I have grown passionate about wearing jeans. Being from Southern California, blue jeans should be the state trouser. We live in them! If you have a life like mine - one that takes you to many different types of events, it's good to have several different types of jeans. For myself, I adore distressed, skinny, cropped, boyfriend, and the 70s flare. Depending on the occasion, I've rocked my jeans. What makes them so appealing is their chameleon effect. Jeans have an uncanny ability to allow us to meld into the mood - simply change the top, shoes, and the accessories and you won't look like you're on repeat {wink}

Because I'm attending fashion week, my posts this week have been more frequent. My final runway show (FIDM Debut) will take place this evening. I'll have my usual Sunday/Monday style story, followed by my write-up on FIDM Debut early next week. I'm headed to the B@M Conference on Thursday, so I'll have to play it by ear during the rest of the week.

One last thing, I have a featured story called Your Unique Wings at the Midlife Boulevard. I hope you enjoy it!.

Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
 You can also find me on the following Social Networks:

Photographs are the property of So What to Twenty!

20 comments:

  1. Love the cut of the jeans and the polka dot top, it's a fresh and very wearable look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amen to the jeans - I hear ya about finding the right pair of jeans. I love that you included links and recommendations for the styles you're rocking. I'm on my way to the Loft to check out a petite pair of those pants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joann, yes, these jeans are so fun to wear. I hope you like them too.

      Delete
  3. The right pair of jeans can be transformative. You've certainly made that point - and very fashionably too - with this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are great looks, jeans are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again you put the style in jeans and yes jeans allow you to be casual, happy and free

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those jeans on you! This style is what i term as funky fresh. My goal is to find the right pair,with the perfect white shirt.. then I'll be sportin my "check me out" look..like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omgoodness, Jamala, I haven't heard funky fresh in years. I love it!

      Delete
  7. I practically live in jeans and I'm digging the retro flare. Jeans are a simple canvas to build on.
    b

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way you styled these jeans ( which I ADORE) . A completely different look with the sequin vest and dotted bow blouse, super chic! I think you get another AMEN!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you changed up the jeans Glenda. I do like that top and would wear it a lot. I agree with your shopping tip, asking yourself if you have the wardrobe items to coordinate with what you are considering buying. This changed the way I shop (for the better) and left me with no closet orphans. the only time I make an exception is with a dress, I am a huge dress fan and some are just stand-alone items that feel great to wear. Even so, a jacket or a shrug can change even a dress. And accessories can change. I love that vest you are wearing - and the contrast of flashy with the jeans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Karen. Dresses are often stand alone items. But like you said, by switching the accessories you can give a dress a different vibe too.

      Delete
  10. I adore how you paired those jeans with the vest and blouse underneath. So stylish and yet so unique. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm digging the 70s vibe with your flared jeans too. I agree with you about purchasing pieces that work well with whatever you already have in your wardrobe. It's great way for another look and expand your current options.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda