4.10.2016

Danger: High Voltage

Have you ever worn an outfit that made you feel so electrifying, you wonder if anyone dares to touch you - they'll get shocked? You know the feeling, you slide into the garment and shock-waves resonate throughout your entire body. Every hair stands on end. No one can touch you. Such is the case for a particular piece I'm wearing in today's post.

While enjoying a day to myself, I decided to venture into town. My first idea was to visit the local shopping gallery, however, I suddenly felt a magnetic pull to the neighboring Nordstrom Rack. To be honest, I don't shop Nordstrom Rack very often, so when I felt the urge to visit, I decided I better follow the lead - You know...Go with my gut. So that's just what I did. I wandered aimlessly through the store in search of whatever. I visited the shoe department...nothing. Petites...nothing. Lingerie...nothing. Accessories...nothing. Then, just outside of accessories, I glanced over toward a rounder of tops when something magical caught my eye. I made a beeline toward the rounder and pulled the top out from the others. Damn Dang this is cute! Immediately my mind began developing outfits in my head. Straight to the fitting room I went. I slipped it on, and when I did, I could have sworn it caused an electrical surge. The high intensity sequins of gold, black and silver energized me. I knew, when wearing this top, I'd need to carry a sign that reads - Danger: High Voltage!


For today's post, I paired my basic black skinny pants, and barely there sandals with my new mega-watt sequin feathered top. A top that sparks on its own. No need to over indulge in the accessory department - this top is the statement piece. As you scroll through the images, you'll notice the color of the top seems to change with the background. This photo shoot took place in an alley in a local art district where there's a play on different textures, and elements; like the top which has a playful spirit of dancing feathers combined with the almost armored look of the sequins.

Outfit Details: Metallic Sequin Feather Top: Endless Rose via Nordstrom Rack (If I were rich, I would have this Runway Adalle Top by BCBG Maxazria also love the Collection Deco Feather Top by J.Crew); Petite Essential Skinny Ankle Pant (also in regular): Ann Taylor Loft; Barely there Ankle Strap Sandal: Ann Taylor Loft; Medium Basic Sunglasses: Ann Taylor Loft; Polish is Petal Plush by Maybelline

 





 



I hope you enjoyed today's style story as much as I enjoyed putting it together for you. There's a valuable lesson to be learned: Whenever you feel a pull in another direction, go with your gut. You're bound to discover something that courses through your veins... and wardrobe. Now it's time to pull the plug on this dangerously high voltage post {wink}
Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Ups:
Visible Monday
Photographs are the property of So What to Twenty!

46 comments:

  1. That top is amazing and you look amazing in it! It is great when a piece can spark such confidence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin, I totally agree. I know when I receive that spark, I must buy it!

      Delete
  2. What a fun top! You look fabulous in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan! I plan on having lots of fun with this top.

      Delete
  3. You wear it well Glenda! This seems so "you"! I love the scoop back, and do see color variance depending on the background. I would probably have passed thinking "where would I wear this?", but when I see it with black jeans it is fabulous! It would pair well with a pencil skirt too. You encourage me to be a little more adventurous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. Oh for sure, when you see something you love, imagine how it can be worn, and try to think outside the box. This gives your clothing much more mileage than just sticking with antiquated rules. When I tried the top on, I had on a pair of distressed boyfriends and it still look really cool say for a jazz concert in the park.

      Delete
  4. You look absolutely stunning, Glenda! PERFECT. I love this. I'm glad we aren't shopping in the same place because I would have fought you for this one! I love everything about it. Sequins spark joy, that is a fact. I wish you well to wear it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is absolutely funny! You know, when I came from the fitting room, a woman followed me and asked if I was planning on taking the top. I told her yes, and she walked away really disappointed. And thank you very much for the kind words.

      Delete
  5. Yes, that outfit is fiyah!!! Thanks for always giving such wonderful words of wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephannie! I'm glad you enjoyed the post. Thank you!!

      Delete
  6. So what to twenty, for sure! You look electric and fabulous in your new top. Thanks for linking, xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Patti! I felt electric.

      Delete
  7. Last pic was so HOT! Do you know, I clicked on all top options and not one of those models wore their tops with one iota the panache that you've got... in spades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Mithra, thank you so very much! I really appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  8. LOVE this top Glenda and you styled it perfectly, just like you said you don't need much more when your top is the "piece". You look fab!
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nora. Yes, with a top as ornate as this, no need to over accessories.

      Delete
  9. This is gorgeous! What a find! No doubt you are electric in this.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne! Yes, an unbelievable find. I'm so happy I found it.

      Delete
  10. Fabulous top Glenda and perfect styling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl...you need to bring this outfit to Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep Darlene, it's very Vegas appropriate :)

      Delete
  12. Love. The. Silver. Top.
    I don't know if it's high-voltage – – but yes :-) I wear what I want and it feels shockingly good to ME :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Carla, wear what you like and it feels awesome!

      Delete
  13. Oh my goodness you were WISE to follow your instincts! Nordstrom Rack can definitely have big treasures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, I'm so glad I went with my gut.

      Delete
  14. That is a fabulous top! Great find. It would look great with a black jacket too! I love the way you write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thank you, you're so kind. Yes, I see it with a cropped cardy too.

      Delete
  15. Wow!! I'm not sure I would be brave enough to try it on but, Dang! Is right!! Great look!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your photo caught mt eye when I was scrolling through the linkup-sparks were definitely flying off you-fantastic look and your shoes rock also!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hot,hot,hot,hot stuuuuff (as in the Donna Summers Bad Girls hit!) Yes! That is a winning outfit. .and you chose the perfect backdrop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I remember the Donna Summers song. Thank you. I felt hot. Part of the fun is scouting out interesting locations for the pictures.

      Delete
  18. Whoa! Gorgeous and sexy! Love the roaring 20s vibe with a very modern touch! I might have to try to find this little number online!
    Too cute! I can see it with so many of your clothes!
    HIgh voltage and high mileage!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elle, this is a really great top, and you're right - Much mileage from this one. So much more than a great evening piece. Its good to think outside the box.

      Delete
  19. You look absolutely ah-may-zing. Stunning. Beautiful. What every midlife woman should look like! If only I had nice arms I would wear that top. I've never done well with Nordstrom Rack, but if I went with you? I know I would! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Cathy, thank you so much. I almost left the store empty handed, until this one outrages item waved me over. I'm glad I was alert.

      Delete
  20. I had to earth myself, Glenda. Sparks were flying out of my screen when I was reading this post! I hate you now as my hair has gone poker straight and is standing right up on top of my head, a la Elsa Lanchester in Bride of Frankenstein!
    (Of course, I don't really)
    I'm in awe of this uber funky top. What a find! It was so waiting for you to find it. Great styling.

    http://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacqueline LOL!!!! You are so funny. I see your hair standing on end.

      Delete
  21. It's electric and you Dazzle in this outfit. This top is one of a kind and you ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun top--and you carry it off with such panache! Living in rural Maine, the opportunities to wear something like that are few and far between. I'll live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look amazing, Dangerous Girl! And what a great advice to go with your guts. OK, with my guts. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda