4.03.2016

Coachella'd

In just a few short weeks, two hours down the highway, in the desert community of Indio, California, the Coachella Valley Music Festival will take place. Imagine, if you could, a modern day Woodstock. Coachella, a great platform for Indy and emerging artist, also hosts notable entertainers as well. The festival has garnered such high praise from the world, it now has its own category of clothing. Haven't you heard? It's called 'Festival Wear.' If you don't believe me, just Google 'Festival Wear' and a host of selections will pop-up. I've got news for you...Festival Wear is really just another way of saying - boho style. Leave it to the fashion industry, the masters of marketing, to entice us into buying a style of clothing that has been around for decades and can be purchased in just about any second-hand store.

Yes, I'll admit, I fell victim to the hype...I've been Coachella'd. When I passed today's featured item in the window, it didn't just whisper Buy Me...it screamed it. So what's a woman to do...I bought it. I hope you enjoy today's pictures and I'll meet you below in the comment section. Oh yes, this post also includes a YouTube video I think you'll enjoy - It's all about my skincare!


I'll admit, I'm completely in love with this citrus burst of a dress. The 'cold shoulder' sleeves, its high-energy hue, tassel-tied sleeves, and volume galore combined with the quirky sandal, makes for an entertaining outfit.

Outfit Details - H&M Conscious Cut Out Shoulder Dress is available on eBay; Tildon Blaire Sandals via TJ Maxx (Some Tildon Blaire Sandals available on eBay); Necklace from Anthropologie (a few years ago); Silver Rings from Mexico; Nail Polish is Petal Plush by Maybelline; Silver Hoop Earrings: the Icing; Round Keyhole Sunglasses: Ann Taylor Loft


 




  
 

Am I really going to Coachella? No, I'm not (if I were going to the festival, I wouldn't dare wear heels). But hey, since I'm spending the week attending the runway shows in Palm Desert (Coachella Valley) this dress seemed most appropriate for this post, and shucks, it makes me smile {wink}

Since I receive many comments on my skin and people inquiring on what I use, I thought a short video on my favorite skincare products would suffice. Enjoy!
*In the video, I accidentally said I wash my face with Dove soap - I meant to say 'my body.'

My skincare products: Biotin Vitamin (daily), CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, Jason Revitalizing Vitamin E Cream 5,000 i.u., Sensitive Skin Dove Soap, Deep Steep Sugar Scrub, Jason Smoothing Coconut Oil, Origins Ginger Souffle (I'm also obsessed with the Smoothing Souffle which smells like spearmint), Herban Body Care, Pure Petroleum Jelly (Vaseline). And remember lots of water!
 
Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:

Link Ups:

This is where your journey to peace begins.
Createspace eStore, Amazon & Kindle

Photographs of Glenda are the property of So What to Twenty!

35 comments:

  1. You look awesome in this dress and it is perfect to wear for Fashion Week! I use Vaseline to remove eye makeup and have since college...I think it has a lot to do with my healthy eyelashes. I will never change that decision! Thanks for sharing your routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pam! I probably will wear it for one of the days at Fashion Week. I'm sure the Vaseline has to do with the pretty eyelashes. I love the stuff!

      Delete
  2. I like the style, texture and color of the dress so much, and those sandals are perfect with it. What a great dress for spring and summer! Also enjoyed the video. I found the Jason cream, not an east feat, but I love it. I am a big water drinker and think it does make a difference to stay hydrated. I have found through much trial and error that high-priced products do no more for my skin than the less costly ones, many times they under perform. I think I am more into healthy, glowing skin than I am into looking for a miracle! And anymore, I do prefer the more pure & natural products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! Yes, this entire outfit makes me smile. The color is definitely an attention grabber. I agree about the costly products. After spending tons of money on designer products, you expect them to perform miracles. I've been let down many times. I find the products in the whole food stores are incredible.

      Delete
  3. Glenda - it's Dianne Callahan! I LOVED this outfit so much that I totally copied it! I found the dress and the shoes on eBay and they are now on their way to my house! I confessed it all on facebook and shared a like to your fabulous blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dianne! Thanks for letting me know it's on eBay. I went back and added the link. Have fun with it. It's a really fun dress to wear :) And thanks for sharing my blog.

      Delete
  4. Love, love the color and shape - and volume - of this dress, Glenda. Vaseline is the greatest beauty product ever. But I use a retinoid at night as well, and an SPF moisturizer in the day. Thanks for linking, xox

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patti! It really is a great dress.

      Delete
  5. Truly BoHo and you look Fabulous in it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Neti! I rock boho fashions more than anything.

      Delete
  6. Glenda, thanks for sharing your skincare routine. I love the YouTube video! Spring in Atlanta GA is time to reveal a little skin, wink, wink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed the video. Have fun showing a little skin :)

      Delete
  7. Such a gorgeous dress! Love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. You. In. That. Dress!!!!!!
    Are there even words in this post? If there are I don't see them :-) I just see you in that dress <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look sensational in that fabulous dress, Glenda! Have a great time in the desert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy! Yes, I'm enjoying the time.

      Delete
  10. The volume and color of this dress are so SPOT ON! Love the vibrance!!

    Xoxo,

    Ashley || Sed Bona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is a fun dress, indeed.

      Delete
  11. I think Dove is great for showering too...much better than gels etc for sensitive skin. Must look for Jason again....used some products a long time ago but not lately. Like video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find Jason at any whole foods or national food stores.

      Delete
  12. What a marvelous look. You're rockin' it in those metallic sandals, too. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like it =)
    kisses Blamod
    new articles
    http://blamod.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the red dress, the way it billows around you and the drama of the color. The shoes are stunning. I am glad to hear that you do not wash your face with Dove!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elle! I'm going to get much wear out of this dress.

      Delete
  15. Red is your color, that dress looks fab on you Glenda.
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw that dress the other day when I was out window shopping and it looks great on you. I have always heard about Coachella, but it seems like its for the youngins...LOL

    Thank you for sharing your skin care routine. Your skin definitely glows.

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LV. When I saw the dress it was love at first sight. I'm so in love :) I agree, I'll leave Coachella to the kids.

      Delete
  17. Oh yes, I can understand it screamed BUY ME. It is now whispering with contentment haha.
    Beautiful gown. I would have bought it as well. Great pairing with the silver.
    Greetje
    PS you know what the beauty of this style is? Even an older lady like me with very wrinkles arms can wear it haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great dress, Greetje. It sold out at H&M, but it's still available on eBay. If you're interested, I provided a link. Most sellers will ship international.

      Delete
  18. Thank you for sharing your beauty secrets, Glenda! You do look glowing, and now we can see what helps you (other than your glowing spirit and great attitude!). I also drink lots of water, I really love water, it's the only drink I need (occasional glass of wine is good with dinner). Love your dress, you look great in this vibrant color! And the heels are fantastic, so feminine. Again, it was great to see your video! It's just so fun for me to see and hear people that I mostly know from photos and texts. I wish more bloggers post videos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda