3.22.2016

The Feminine Mystique

There have been times when I tilt my head toward the heavens, place my hands together in the prayer position while saying, "Thank you God for making me female." Recently, as my husband had to climb roof-top to remove the Christmas lights, I watched nearby with this thought - I'm glad I'm not a man. Sure, some women would climb on top the roof without giving it a second thought - I'm not one of those women. I'm the other type - eternally grateful for being 200% woman. I come equipped with a dressing table filled with body cremes with scents of vanilla, orange, ginger and lavender; a wardrobe which would make some women swoon; a pink floral arrangement on my desk; I love it when a gentleman holds a door for me; and yes, taking great pride in my ability to wear frilly little dresses. 

There are some women who may take offense to this post. I'm by no means denouncing the strength we women hold, or what we're physically capable of doing. I have stated on occasion that I'm a firm believer in the power of the feminine prowess. I have to get tough too, however, my toughness is less brute strength and more - Well, let's just say, you won't know what hit you. The feminine mystique is a charming, yet, powerful force, so please forgive me if I take great pride in its capabilities.
 
To honor the feminine mystique, today I wear a dress which is frilly, dainty, silky, ladylike, and womanly - a delicate, champagne hued dress with intricate pleating on the sleeves, and a ruffled hem. I hope you enjoy the pictures and I'll meet you below in the comment section.


The delicateness of the dress stands out even more against the backdrop of a brick building, iron railings and impressive wood door - a juxtapose with feminine and masculine, and yet, even with their obvious differences, the two qualities manage to work beautifully together.










This spring/summer, if you want your wardrobe to express your femininity, there will be plenty of pretty, flouncy dresses to choose from. They're all the rage, just check out the selection at Nordstrom, Shopstyle and eBay. Happy Shopping {wink}

Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Up:
Fun Fashion Friday

The reviews are in!
Createspace eStore, Amazon & Kindle

Photographs are the property of So What to Twenty!


18 comments:

  1. I love dresses Glenda! Feminine, flowy dresses, and tailored fitted dresses. I love them! Yours is beautiful and would be so much fun to wear! And I love the shoes! I can see myself falling off of them, but you have such gorgeous shoes! I agree about being female and being feminine. How many times I have thanked God that I was born a woman! Seriously! I think we have just so much depth, so much strength and so much purpose, we are truly blessed to be women. Men have always seemed kind of one-dimensional to me. Maybe it's just me, and they are who they are, but we have so much going on! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, I love dresses too. I have an entire section in my closet devoted to little day dresses. They're so easy to just throw on. Right? You're funny about the shoes. You wouldn't fall off. Trust me, they have a good grip on my feet, and they're uber comfy. I always say we women complicate men.

      Delete
  2. I love a flirty dress! Always makes me feel great! Especially this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much Fabulousness going on here and you shine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a dress fan, although I've had one or two in the past that I loved. You wear your clothes so very well Glenda!

    Re women: the good news is that it's not such an either/or binary world any more and for that I am grateful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dresses aren't for everyone. For myself, they are a simple way to dress. Just throw it on and go.

      Delete
  5. Ooooo you look sexy & sweet in this stunning dress, Glenda! One of my favs of yours!

    Thanks for much for linking up & happy Friday!

    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dawn! I always anticipate what everyone will like.

      Delete
  6. Such a gorgeous dress! Love the color and material.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy. It was the fabric that sold me. So pretty and shiny :)

      Delete
  7. This ia a beautiful little number. And together with your legs and sandals, they do tell a tail of femininity. Although that can have a different meaning to many.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Greetje. Yes, I'm aware the meaning has changed for many, but for myself, this is what femininity represents and so much more.

      Delete
  8. You are a true girly girl in all the best possible way. I know I've told you this before but the mothers of boys are so well dressed. Those of us who have daughters spend way too much energy dressing our girls instead of our selves. Own it, Girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie. In today's day, I almost feel like it's a crime to say I'm a girly-girl. But yes, I am, and I love being one. I guess your observation about moms is correct. I know if I had girls I would want to shop for them constantly. My sons could care less about clothes.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda