3.27.2016

Silver: Head-to-Toe

One of the highlights of my year in fashion is taking place beginning this week - April 2-9, 2016! Today I'm here to give you a peek at one of the outfits I plan on wearing to the behemoth of Southern California Fashion - Fashion Week El Paseo.

Fashion Week El Paseo is an enchanting, week-long fashion event that takes place under the impressive tents in the fabulous desert community of Palm Desert, California. This dazzling fĂȘte will host celebrity designers like fellow FIDM graduate - Monique Lhuillier, as well as Marc Bower, Project Runway All Stars, and the fabulous FIDM Debut 2016. To see what took place last year, visit my post - FIDM Debut Dazzles the Desert. This is definitely the fashion week you won't want to miss!

To fit in with the top-notch festivities, and the sparkle of the Palm Springs/Desert community, for one of the evenings, I plan on wearing silver: head-to-toe. I hope you enjoy the pictures and I'll meet you in the comment section below. Be sure to visit the links to Fashion Week El Paseo to gain more knowledge about the week's runway shows.


The temperatures are typically quite warm in Palm Desert, and what better dress to wear than one by Michael Kors - a long admirer of the jet-setting lifestyle of the Southern California desert communities. This adorable silver lamé, empire dress with white embroidered details is both sweet and sexy simultaneously, and has been a favorite of mine for many years. I went through a phase when it was too small, but since losing a significant amount of weight, it now fits. To pair with the dress, I'm sporting a pair of sleek silver wedges, and simple silver accessories...including my silver hair (smile). Thus the title of this post - Silver: Head to Toe. By the way, I'm also wearing the outfit I wore in Gifted for another evening at El Paseo.

Outfit Details - Dress: Michael Kors via TJ Maxx (many years ago); Silver Ankle Strap Wedges by Nina via ThredUp (Huge assortment at Shopstyle. Love the Badgley Mischka Carnation II); Medium Basic Sunglasses: Ann Taylor Loft; For nail color, to not overkill the silver, I opted for Dust of Bronze by Maybelline; Hair by Mother Nature; Bangle is vintage; Rings from Mexico; Hoop Earrings from the Icing.








  

Watch a preview of FIDM Debut 2016. The show repeats on April 7th. The excitement builds!


Click Fashion Week El Paseo for more information.

On a side note, since my hair is a part of this style story, I thought this would be a great time to answer some of your questions about my silver curls. It was by my youngest son's urgent plea to stop putting chemicals in my hair - I stopped dying my hair. It has been two years and I have fully embraced my silver. As a matter of fact, I absolutely LOVE it. Also, I've been asked about the products I use to maintain my hair. Because of my intense exercise, I wash my hair everyday with a natural deep moisture shampoo and a hydrating-calming conditioner - both by Giovanni. I purchase them from a natural whole food store. In addition, I use an all natural coconut shea leave-in conditioner by Eden. There are no chemicals in my hair. It is 100% natural, and I think it looks lovely with my silver dress. What do you think? {wink}
  
Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Up:
Visible Monday
Shoe & Tell

The reviews are in!
Createspace eStore, Amazon & Kindle

Photographs of Glenda are the property of So What to Twenty!

33 comments:

  1. Sounds fabulous, and what a beautiful silver dress you have on today! thanks for sharing, xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenda, this is absolutely stunning!! Can't wait to hear about Fashion Week El Paseo...we used to visit the Palm Springs are regularly, and I adored visiting El Paseo to do some shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! You have to go. You'll love it, I promise! Done to the utmost of elegance.

      Delete
  3. You are going to be a stand out in both outfits. Just wondering....have you ever thought of designing your own line a la "cupcakes and cashmere"? I know it's difficult but you have a beautiful instinct for classic American sportswear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie, you're so sweet. I fantasize about a branding collaboration. Perhaps one day, the right opportunity will cross my path. I can't even imagine the type of funding for such a project.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful outfit! I really like the dress, and the accessories are fabulous. I want those shoes!

    Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea! This is one of my favorite dresses. And yes, the shoes are fun!

      Delete
  5. OH YOUR SILVER IS SO SO SO STUNNING.
    Head to toe.
    <3
    Style doesnt come natural to me at all---so I admire it all the more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the credit Mother Nature got! She's the most talented designer there is! Enjoy the event; you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, you're so right about Mother Nature. Thank you very much!

      Delete
  7. Love the silver dress...what a great way to do spring! I love to go my local fashion week as well...have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love your posts and this is THE perfect outfit for you. Love the heels, and your hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie. I absolutely adore this dress, and I'm looking forward to attending the fashion shows.

      Delete
  9. Absolutely stunning!!! That dress is everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Steph, I LOOOVVVEEE this dress, and it literally broke my heart when I got too big for it. I'm glad I held on to it. I'm so happy it fits again :)

      Delete
  10. I love your outfit! The dress, the shoes, just gorgeous. You look amazing. I kind of need an outfit like that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Glenda, the entire outfit is fabulous. Thanks for the feed back on the hair, it is so hard to let the grey win the war and I think that it takes courage to stop fighting the battle and let the grey win. I also love your natural curls. Sincerely, fredy 3-28-16

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly Fredy, I think it's easier to let the silver grow in when hair is short. I simply stopped dying and I haven't regretted it not one bit. I feel empowered with my hair natural.

      Delete
  12. OH to be warm again. You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon Adela you'll have warmth. Thank you!

      Delete
  13. Love the all silver look! ( I also posted a silver dress!). You look so chic, perfect for fashion week! I think your son advised you well! Silver is a gorgeous color on you!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elle! Wish you were in California. Oh how you would LOVE Fashion Week El Paseo.

      Delete
  14. Silver looks great on you Glenda and this is a beautiful dress. The event sounds like a lot of fun, can't wait to see you post pics on social media :)
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nora. I'm a huge fan of silver. Yes, FW El Paseo is a top-notch fashion event. You should come!

      Delete
  15. A beautiful dress which does you honour. I am sure you fit in! And indeed it looks good with your silver hair. Because of your good skin and youthful appearance, your hair does not make you look older. Just good haha.
    Lovely sandals...
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my friend. What's odd is I felt older when I dyed my hair. Something about the silver makes me feel empowered and chic.

      Delete
  16. This dress has glam all over it. I love how it flatters your chic style. Everything about this entire style says "Class Act"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda