3.02.2016

Carefree

I feel blithe...carefree, like when the wind catches a leaf - They dance to their own personal song.
Glenda K. Harrison

My dear friends, how difficult it has been to blog this week. No, not because I feel weighted with so much to do. In fact, it has been the exact opposite. Life has been light and airy...so very carefree. The idea of sitting at my desk has been cumbersome. I want to be outdoors enjoying an occasional dance with the wind. The warm sunlight on my face. My fingers digging into the soil as I plant more lavender. This is where I want to be. So for today, I bring a post that is mellow and relaxed. I hope you leave here today feeling free from your cares. If not but for a moment. Enjoy and I'll meet you in the comments below.


The star of today's outfit is my new billowy top from Anthro. Love! A whisper light, full, empire top with slits on the sides for easy hand access into your pockets. Together with a pair of relaxed utility pants and my Navajo inspired sandals, I've created the quintessential ensemble that whispers carefree.

Outfit Details - Blair Empire Top: AnthropologieRelaxed Utility Pants: Ann Taylor Loft (Mine are gray but they have other colors available); Round Keyhole Sunglasses: Ann Taylor Loft; Peace necklace was purchased from an artisan gallery; Beaded Sandals: Nine West Limited Addition Vintage America Collection via eBay (similar Lakisha Cage Heel)






 

I hope the rest of your week and weekend bring you much joy and satisfaction; and if the wind happens to catch you - do a little dance {wink}
Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Up:
Fun Fashion Friday
Photographs are the property of So What to Twenty! 

24 comments:

  1. Well, you know I love the top! Perfect for warmer weather. I am having a very trying week for some reason, so it was nice to take a moment and imagine digging in the garden like you mention. It is so cold today I'd need a jackhammer to dig! But I can't wait. That is how I decompress after workdays in the summer. Just can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, Karen. Thank heavens seasons are only for a season. Trust me when I say, with our intense California summers, the temps are so sweltering that I often fantasize about cooler months. It is a great top. Leave to Anthro to have it...right?

      Delete
  2. What a nice post!!! We are having a cold snap here in St Louis, but as soon as Spring hits, I will for sure twirl and dance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Crystal...get your dance on :)

      Delete
  3. Great top! So light and spring-y. Hasn't the weather been just lovely lately?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really is. I adore it. And yes, the weather has been heavenly. But we are expecting rain soon.

      Delete
  4. I love that top! You look so happy and "springy!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon! O good, I'm glad my feeling translated in my photographs. It's a great top, indeed!

      Delete
  5. I am loving the top. What type of material is it? Fredy K. 3-3-16

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fredy! It's 100% cotton. If you click the link above in Outfit Details, it'll take you to the top at Anthropologie.

      Delete
  6. I know what you mean Glenda, the weather has been so nice here, makes me want to be outdoors all the time too. Your top is really pretty but I love those sandals, they are hot!
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, Nora. We are spoiled. Thank you. The top is perfect for me. The shoes...yes, I adore them.

      Delete
  7. Love that billowy lightweight top! Sheer heaven. I do feel lighter just looking at these photos and thinking of you planting lavender! We are getting snow tonight in NYC! and that means the next day will be 59 degrees or more!
    Those shoes are perfect, too.
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh Elle, I can't relate to snow. I need my sun. We're expecting rain this weekend. The top is absolutely heavenly.

      Delete
  8. I Love, love this outfit on you and that top is easy breeezy and fabulous. Enjoy it all my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Neti! The top is fabulous. Like a cloud.

      Delete
  9. Glenda, that top is EVERYTHING. I love it, so light, airy and perfect for spring. It looks really comfortable too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LV! Oh yes, you described it perfectly.

      Delete
  10. LOVE that top! I've been wanting to check that one out at Anthro, and seeing it on you shows how awesome it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my kind of top...light, airy, carefree. You'll love it!

      Delete
  11. THOSE SHOES!!! So cool, Glenda.

    Thanks so much for coming to the Fun Fashion Friday party!

    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Genda. You look beautiful. My husband bought this exact top for me for my birthday last month. I only hope I can wear it as well as you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie! My top was a gift from the hubs too. Great minds know how to please their wives...they go to Anthro! You'll look lovely in yours :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda