3.10.2016

A Little Bling

Hi Friends!

My mind has been focused on so many things and situations. For one, in a month, I, along with many midlife bloggers, will be headed to Las Vegas for the B@M (Bloggers at Midlife) Conference. You may not have noticed the link in my right side-bar for Midlife Boulevard. Well, I am a contributing writer for this fantastic portal for women in midlife. It has grown to be a wonderful resource, as well as an opportunity to meet incredible women. If you are a midlife blogger, I strongly encourage you to become a part of this thriving community, and to join us in Las Vegas April 15 & 16. I will be joining a panel called, Becoming a Brand Through Blogging and Social Media

As you can imagine, speaking in front of a live audience has caused butterflies to wreak havoc on my stomach. But that's OK, this is a good fear...one that needs to be followed and embraced. I've been in speech writing mode - spending my days in peace and quite while typing away on the computer. Oh yes, the anticipation grows! Needless to say, between writing my speech, tending to my sons, conflicting schedules and bouts of rainy weather, I haven't been out to take many photos. The outfit I'm wearing today was actually taken a couple of weeks ago while headed out to meet a group of ladies. The ensemble takes the basic jean and white shirt, and adds a bit of interest - one being, a little bling - perfect for a woman headed to Las Vegas. Enjoy!


Dark jeans and a white top don't have to be so basic if you take the time to doll the look up a bit. With today's outfit I have added interest to squash the idea of the two being mundane - a jeweled sweater, caged shoes, and then modernized the jeans by adding an oversize cuff.

Outfit Details - Petite Curvy Straight Leg Jeans: Ann Taylor Loft; Medium Basic Sunglasses: Ann Taylor Loft;  Jeweled Cardigan by Cynthia Rowley via TJ Maxx (Many options of vintage beaded cardigans on eBay); Basic White Short-Sleeve Button Down: Ann Taylor Loft (last summer); Caged Shoes by Via Spiga (obsessed with the Vince Camuto Caged Shoe at Nordstrom).







Gateway to B@M

If you come to Vegas for the conference, be sure to say, Hi! Also, have you visited BLOOM this week? There's a new post called, Au Naturale, about the natural skincare products I can't live without. It's my goal to return early next week, possibly Tuesday or Wednesday with another style story. Until then {wink} 

Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Ups:
Visible Monday
Shoe & Tell

Where your journey begins...
Createspace eStore, Amazon & Kindle

Photographs are the property of So What to Twenty!
 

31 comments:

  1. My favorite kind of outfit .. dressy, but still casual ;-)

    Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! They're also very comfortable.

      Delete
  3. I ADORE this look and would totally wear it! Yes, the bling is perfect for Vegas. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, Darlene. I feel like Vegas is my second home.

      Delete
  4. I'm sure you'll be great at the conference. Just do you;) love the outfit. I think I'll adopt it as my spring uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even in casual mode, you are always so polished and elegant looking. Good luck with the conference!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will do Great at the conference, so not to worry. You look comfy and chic in this outfit and those dark wash jeans are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Neti. I appreciate your vote of confidence.

      Delete
  7. B@M is so lucky to have you. I know of some of the other bloggers who will be there and I can honestly say that you blow them all away with your innate style and sophistication and all around sweet nature. Have a blast. BTW. What a great look. Denim and Diamonds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie. Wish you would come...
      Love that title...denim and diamonds :)

      Delete
  8. What a great outfit - I love how you took basic jeans up a notch with the shoes and sweater. I'm looking forward to meeting you at BAM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wanna bet that 1/2 the attendees show up wearing ... dark jeans with oversized cuff, white shirt, blingy sweater and some BADASS awesome shoes? This outfit is terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I love it. Now I'm going to be on the lookout :)

      Delete
  10. I love this look on you Glenda especially those shoes are to die for :) Good luck preparing your speech and I am sure it is going to be a fantastic time in Vegas!
    Nora Minassian
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nora! This will be an excellent opportunity for you to sell your beautiful items. Just a thought...

      Delete
  11. Love the look, Glenda! Still jealous you can wear shoes like this...they really make the entire look so fun. See you in Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! I'm very protective of my feet and only wear good, quality shoes.

      Delete
  12. I bet you will rock your speech (you are a great writer, to be sure!). And I love what you did here with a white shirt and jeans - fabulous. xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Patti. I appreciate the vote of confidence!

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous sweater, it looks so well made, great buy! You look stunning here, and effortlessly so. I will check out that site, not sure I am quite up to traveling, but it is a fun thing to consider!
    I know you will be great!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elle! I feel like the pictures don't do the sweater justice. It is exquisite, and is very well-made. I understand not being up to traveling. Maybe next year it'll be on the east coast.

      Delete
  14. I nearly missed this one.... I want to look like this. This is better than Ina de la Fressange. Edgier. Fantastic sandals. Lovely cardi... I love this outfit.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, how flattering. Ina has incredible fashion sense. I'm humbled. Thank you!

      Delete
  15. I love this mix of casual with a bit of bling - my kind of outfit. Nice to meet you x
    Anna
    Anna's Island Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anna! Thank you, and it's nice to meet you too :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda