3.08.2016

A Greater Purpose

"When you have a great pain - you need a greater purpose."

Below is a picture of my beloved Mother, and myself at the age of 21. My mom fought a brave fight against pancreatic cancer. She fought hard and she fought it with such a beautiful spirit. She passed away on March 8, 1995. "When you have a great pain - you need a greater purpose." In a strange way, losing my mother saved my life. I launched a non profit in her memory to support women fighting cancer. By doing so, I began to realize who I am. I was once buried in self-doubt. Forming this cause opened my eyes to an entirely different Glenda. My mother was my best friend, mentor and woman who I aspire to become. Not a day goes by without me missing her dearly. In honor of International Women's Day, I celebrate my mother - 
Verlene Mixon

Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Photographs are the property of So What to Twenty!

4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful tribute to your mom. Beautiful picture. You look so much the same and your mom was a lovely woman. I remember the story well from your book. What a lesson for those times in life when we suffer hesrtbreak. I am saving the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great Tribute to your Mom and I love the picture in the gallery and the young lad taking a photo. The memories of the good times will live forever. Life is short, enjoy each & every moment. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet she would have been very proud of you and the person whom you have become.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful tribute to your mother Glenda. I have never heard that quote, "When you have great pain - you need a greater purpose". So true and so powerful. It is true that pain forces you to dig deep and change is inevitable. I'm always inspired by your posts. THANK YOU.

    Cherie
    http://www.stylenudge.com
    STYLE NUDGE

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda