2.16.2016

Soul Food: In the Garden


Hello My Friends!

If your soul is in need of nourishment to get you through the week and beyond, here is a post I believe you'll enjoy - a nostalgic story that parallels our life journey with time spent IN THE GARDEN. I wrote the piece yesterday, after spending time working in the yard - weeding, cutting, digging and pruning. After the work was complete, I sat and pondered how the time spent in the garden was directly related to the work that needed to be done in my mind. It had, in fact, become over-grown with weeds that were choking my thoughts and creativity. I hope it'll inspire you. If the weather permits, I should be back with another style story on Thursday. In the meantime, click the live links and I'll meet you at Bloom.

Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:

3 comments:

  1. Oh Glenda, we have so much in common! I have my garden too and I love gardening not only for growing plants and then watching them bloom but also because when I work in the garden I have time for my thoughts. I love how you described the 'garden of your thoughts', it's so close to what I have in my mind. Love, Mag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a gardener myself Glenda, mostly for the time it affords me to think while I dig and tug out weeds. It is one of the things I do that centers me. Since no one I know wants to participate (!!!!), this is alone time for me and I treasure it. Weeding out negative thoughts? Definitely! And there is the little bonus of standing up, stepping back and seeing what you've accomplished. I don't see a down side to being out in the garden and I honestly can't wait until I can do it again. Currently my gardens are buried under way too much snow for my liking (negative thought? Hmmmm....), but I did see my crocuses bloom several weeks ago and the tulips and daffodils are sending up shoots. Maybe spring will arrive yet! Enjoyed the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this story! I also admire your Bloom site, Glenda! How do you manage all of this..Oh, I know a labor of love, just like your garden, the toil, the dirt, but the end results: hummingbirds, blossoms, nectar, buds! Superbly done!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda