2.09.2016

Keeping it Simple

After a week of feeling pretty blah, and then having to re-coop as quickly as possible for Saturday's big festivities at FIDM's Art of Motion Picture Costume Design exhibition, today's post represents my current state of mind - Keeping it Simple. My goodness, I really don't see, nor can I relate to the present thought process among today's younger business minded community. Apparently we're suppose to dawn our super hero cape and tackle all obstacles with brute strength; never tire; always on your A-game; the sun rises and sets with feelings that I can conquer the world; the more I take on - the more awesome I become. Yeah...not! The thought process alone is tiring, unrealistic, and most definitely a set-up for a serious case of burnout...to say the least.

Yes, there are times when we have to hustle when we don't feel up to it, but I much prefer to move within the flow of what feels natural for my life. Yes, indeed, I like to keep it simple. For today's look, what is more simple than jeans and t-shirt in black and white? This week, Southern California is experiencing summer-like temperatures, so I'm taking this opportunity to show an easy outfit that takes the guess work out of guessing. On this day I have a few errands to run, and to keep myself cool, I selected comfortable, uncomplicated pieces that meld seamlessly with my lifestyle. I hope you enjoy the photos and I'll meet you in the comment section.


Outfit Details: Mixed Media Peplum Top: Ann Taylor Loft; Petite Curvy Skinny Jeans (white): Ann Taylor Loft; Medium Basic Sunglasses (black): Ann Taylor Loft; Rings and Stacked Silver Cuff purchased in Mexico; Faux Patent Leather Backpack via TJ Maxx: In LOVE with this backpack by Kenox on Amazon; Polish is Recessionista by essie. Ankle Strap Sandal: Ann Taylor Loft (Past Season). Almost identical Kacey by Pelle Moda at Nordstrom Ankle Strap Sandal.





 



Enjoy the rest of your day. What on your agenda? What's on mine? Not too much. I decided to give my cape away. After all, I have wings now...and I much prefer it that way {wink}

Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Up:
Visible Monday 
 Photographs are the property of So What to Twenty!

21 comments:

  1. This outfit is gorgeous. I LOVE black and white!! So simple yet so very classy! You just described about half the people I work with, maybe more than half. Sad, isn't it? My job, while I do it 5 days a week, is not a priority in my life. It is how I fund the real things, things that ARE priorities. I am thankful for my job, but it is a means to an end. Period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Karen. I really felt comfortable in this outfit today. Perfect for running errands.

      When I read certain messages on social media, many are about hustling, and go go go. When I find myself getting overly busy, I always feel like I'm losing touch with myself, or out of sync. It's the quiet times that fuel me, and it allows me to let my creativity kick-in.

      I understand working as means to an end. Make sure you're doing something special for Karen.

      Delete
  2. This is simple, chic and strong! I love this look and you do peplum tops really well, Glenda. My agenda is packed...and that is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam. Yes, I love peplums. Probably my favorite design for a top. Go get em, Pam!

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on this Glenda, taking time to refresh is so important. I often wonder about those supposed super heroes .Are they really that busy or just avoiding real life. Love your black and white, always so stylish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder about the busy bees too. I know there are seasons of busyness, but constantly...perhaps what you suggest is true.

      Delete
  4. As always, I enjoy your relaxed elegance and common sense. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The entire outfit is pure perfection! That's exactly how I love to dress. You look like a million bucks! Beautiful...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I like ease in my outfits. That's for sure.

      Delete
  6. You look Sporty & Chic and I love this on you. Black & white never goes out of style. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, b and w never goes out of style. Thanks Neti!

      Delete
  7. Darling, even if you are keeping it simple, you look stunning. I love the peplum on this shirt and I love the bag. They make the outfit stand out. And of course the sandals..... let's never forget your sandals.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm obsessed with sandals. I own way too many. Thanks Greetje!

      Delete
  8. Simple, gorgeous, elegant. Love it all, the peplum is perfect, and the back pack is fly!
    Agree with your sentiments, it is a go- go world,
    where they are going in such a hurry is a mystery.
    What will be the costs of that pace?

    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often wonder where the hurried are going as well. A mystery to me. Thanks Elle. I'm glad you like the backpack...the entire look.

      Delete
  9. You look fab in this simple yet so chic black and white ensemble. Have a great weekend my friend :)
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes keeping it simple is exactly what the doctor ordered, looking lovely my dear.

    http://ahhhsoneo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's me on the go all the time. However I did go on a 4 mile walk with a friend today and had lunch on her porch. I am learning so much about making time from all of your blogs, thanks so much! Love your black and white.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda