1.25.2016

Unwritten

Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield is such an inspirational and motivating song for anyone who imagines stepping outside the carefully defined box. For some, the box is necessary. It provides direction and comfort. While for others, the box represents confinement. Having once lived inside the box, I can understand its appeal - having your life pre-planned seems attractive. In direct contrast, living outside the four walls, in a life that is unwritten, seems scary. What happens next? The cool thing about it...the pen's in your hand.

For today's look, my featured item is a top that represents this new chapter in my life - a free-spirited, sheer, bohemian top. Void of constrictions, and with a subtle peek into what's underneath - the top resonates freedom in conjunction with vulnerability - a life unwritten. I hope you enjoy today's look, and I'll meet you in the comments below. 

 
Outfit Details - Lace Yoke Top: Ann Taylor Loft (Sold Out. Similar Lace Yoke top in black and Lace Shoulder Blouse in Ivory); Cropped Flare Denim: Ann Taylor Loft (sold out. Great options on Shopstyle. Love these by Mother - The Insider Cropped Flare); Strappy Sandals: Nina via ThredUp (Check out the Melaney II by Badgley Mishka); Silver Nine West Crossbody via eBay; Preppy Round Sunglasses: Ann Taylor Loft (Tortoise available); Nail Polish is Normani by Zoya.

 







 

Have a wonderful week, my friends, and I'll return with another style story later this week. In the meantime...ending unplanned {wink} 

Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
  You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Ups: 
Shoe & Tell
Visible Monday
Photographs are the property of So What to Twenty!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you would like to see the Unwritten video, please click HERE.

Unwritten (lyrics)
Natasha Bedingfield

I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined
I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten

Oh, oh, oh

I break tradition, sometimes my tries, are outside the lines
We've been conditioned to not make mistakes, but I can't live that way

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins

Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins

Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten
The rest is still unwritten
The rest is still unwritten


30 comments:

  1. Love that song! You look very fresh and springy. The metallic accessories add a nice modern edge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather has been glorious. I leaped at the chance to wear something more spring-like. Thank you. I frlt fresh!

      Delete
  2. Thought-provoking song - thanks for sharing that, Glenda. And your outfit is light and beautiful. xox

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patti. The song is kind of a mantra for my life.

      Delete
  3. Great song! Love your clean and crisp look and the pop of the silver metallic. I have a top very similar to that but it is sleeveless and not asymmetrical. I love it and wear it all the time.
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These types of tops give me life, and they're great for dining out. They hide a multitude of sins.

      Delete
  4. Swooning over the beautiful simplicity of this outfit. The delicate yoke is oh so elegant and I love the silver touches of the bag and those divine silver semi wedge sandals. I would happily wear everything you're wearing. Do you have UK size 3 feet, Glenda? Do you really need to keep those sandals... wink wink...
    Freedom and vulnerability - oh yes, that certainly resonates with me at the moment!
    http://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqueline! I wear a size 6 to 6 1/2 in shoes. I get your hint. Unfortunately I just got them. This was my first time wearing them. Thanks for the kind words.

      Delete
  5. I know this song very well, Glenda! Good choice for inspiration...you look lovely as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flowy top! It is a favorite style of mine, and I have surprisingly few of these. Need a trip to Anthro! That is some song. For me, the box is suffocating. I'm stepping out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do to, Karen. I love them and I keep an ample supply. They're great for that time of month, dining out, and just feeling free. Anthro is a great place for flowing tops.

      Delete
  7. Such a lovely look. It makes me so happy when I see someone clearly dressing because they are inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie!I get it Connie. I always feel inspired when I dress...unless I don't feel good.

      Delete
  8. Love your look!! The heels, the top, the bag all look great. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great top and you styled it perfect! Looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the metallic bag! Your look is the perfect pop of summer that I needed during this winter storm. #BLMGirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks Taniqua. I'm glad I added a spark of sunshine.

      Delete
  11. As usual you look fabulous and have added chic and sophistication to a everyday outfit. I really like the metallic accents. #BLMGirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, thank you very much. You're so kind.

      Delete
  12. True Bohemian and you look Fabulous. Looking forward to more. . .

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look fantastic, Glenda! What a gorgeous blouse, and skilfully chosen accessories to match the pattern. Unwritten is always the most interesting, to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you believe I selected the handbag purely because of the silver. I didn't realize the pattern until after the photos were done.

      Delete
  14. Glenda, this is such a happy eyefull! Love the lace yoked blouse , simple pants, and stunning shoes. I adore how the trellis behind it mirrors the lace, and is shadowed in front. What a eye for detail!
    I am glad you referenced unwritten.
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Le Photographer has quite an eye. He lay on the ground to get that shot. I never know what he sees until I edit the shots. Very cool.

      Delete
  15. Oh yes, this is so up my alley.... everything, really everything. I could recreate it as well, although I would have to adjust the sandals to pumps and slightly adjust the top, but I could. LOVE it.
    Can I have the silver bag? Can I? Can I? hahaha
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a very relatable look, indeed. Comfortable and easy to wear for a variety of occasions. Ebay is my friend, Greetje. So many incredible finds.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda