1.17.2016

Light as a Feather

There are times when life seems especially heavy. This weighted time usually occurs during those special times of the month. I become very sensitive and tend to cry over the most simple of things. The strange thing is, I can feel it coming - the anxiousness, the ease of which something or someone can get under my skin, the inability to get a good nights sleep. To keep myself from imploding, I retreat into my own little world. In this world I try to remove myself from situations that cause me angst. There I give myself the freedom and the space to just be. I know, during this time, I have to pay more attention to Glenda by making sure I'm eating clean; releasing some assignments until my mood permits; taking my exercise routine at a more gentile pace; and cleansing my soul with as many tears as I see fit. Then, when all is well, I emerge from my cocoon feeling as Light as a Feather.   


For today's look, I'm wearing a tulle skirt. However, instead of a heavy layered tulle, I've selected one that's delicate and whisper lite. To complete the outfit, I chose a simple t-shirt with quiet accessories. For this fashion story you can ask the question - Which comes first, the clothing or the jewelry? In this case, I planned the look around a lovely wrap feather ring. 

Outfit Details - Wrapped Feather Ring: Anthropologie; Blush Tulle Skirt by Lauren Conrad for Kohl's (From past seasons. Almost identical Tulle Skirt at Lulu's); Double V tee via Kohl's; Espresso colored belt by Calvin Klein via TJ Maxx (Almost identical dark brown belt by Lauren for Ralph Lauren at Nordstrom); Sandals by Banana Republic via eBay; Necklace: Ann Taylor Loft (Past season. Very similar Delicate Y Necklace); Quartz Bracelet: Urban Solstice Designs; Watch by Citizens; Tortoiseshell Print Rounded Sunglasses: Ann Taylor Loft








Yes, this post was a bit personal. It was to express the times when things feel burdensome. It's important for me to take special care of myself. One activity I enjoy is going to my local farmers market. There is something very therapeutic about perusing an open-air market for fresh herbs and produce. The experience alone inspires me to release what is heavy, and to indulge in things which make me as Light as a Feather {wink} 

To piggy-back on this post, today's Bloom takes you on a visit to my farmer's market. I hope you enjoy it. I'll see you over at Bloom - The Positive Lifestyle Blog!

Click HERE to go to Bloom

Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
 You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Ups:
 Photographs are the property of So What to Twenty!

42 comments:

  1. This is the Perfect look for your lovely new ring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you approve, Connie. I like the outcome too.

      Delete
  2. This outfit is a perfect compliment to this post - very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got home from the gym...seems like I am always starting over!! At least we do start over, Glenda...perseverance is key. You look lovely in your skirt! For me, bookstores and coffee shops are therapeautic...I sometimes stop in just to soak up the atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have the opportunity to start over. Thank heavens. Yes, I also love bookstores and coffee shops. But not the over sized busy kind. I adore the independent ones with lots of charm and character. Quaint is the word.

      Delete
  4. I agree with Juliette - your outfit and writing are of a piece - and very lovely! xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although you wrote this post with a heavy heart, you really do look as light as a feather in your images. Of course I love the ring (I would have to say that wouldn't I?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt much better when I wrote the post. I had just gotten over the moody blues. I'm glad you like the look and the ring :)

      Delete
  6. I love that skirt! I wish I could pull off something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That skirt is gorgeous! That would lift my spirits any day of the week. I have always been a thinker and a loner, and do a lot of retreating when things get heavy. For me, it is the local state park, no matter what the weather. I recover in the silence. I have to further investigate that skirt...I think I need one! !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is a lovely skirt. Last summer my family went to the Grand Canyon. At one point during our stay, we sat out on a cliff and watched the sunset. For an instant, it became absolutely still and quiet. I'll never forget it. If ever there would be a time to hear from God, that was it. So yes, I understand parks being your place to retreat.

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous skirt Glenda. I love your palette of neutrals. Your outfit looks very spring time, which is refreshing to see. We all need that time to ourselves and tears are good for the soul. When I get those moments, if a long walk doesn't make me feel better, I curl up with a warm fuzzy blanket, coffee and a great book. And a prayer always puts me in a better place:-)

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LV. This location was so perfect for the outfit and the mood of the post. Oh yes, I have a blankie too :)

      Delete
  9. The skirt is just exquisite on you. I actually GASPED when I saw the first photo! Bravo, lady. I love the jewellery too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful skirt and styled perfectly with the simple tee shirt. You look light as air and so pretty.
    Anna
    Anna's Island Style

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glenda, this such a pretty skirt both in colour and style. Love the shot among the leaves,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jill. Aw yes, the leaves. I had a bit of a hard time with them. They kept catching on the hem of my skirt. The things we do for a good shot :)

      Delete
  12. Such an ethereal image-such a glorious skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teresa! I absolutely love it!

      Delete
  13. What a perfect breeze of an outfit. And so well styled (as usual). You have done a great job with the T-shirt and its gorgeous neckline, with the belt (would not have thought of that, but it is perfect) and the jewellery. And let us not forget that lovely romantic skirt. I give this outfit high numbers.
    As for the time of the month... now there is an advantage in getting older haha. No more of these.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I look forward to the days I don't have to worry about those special times of the month. Thank you so much for the kind words, Greetje. I must admit, this outfit is one of my favorites.

      Delete
  14. You look stunning as always Glenda! So funny I shot at this EXACT location 3 years ago in a tulle skirt, great minds think alike!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Are you serious Cara? These were taken at one of the Claremont Colleges.

      Delete
  15. Such a romantic look Glenda. I love it!! I hope you are feeling better. I remember or maybe I should say I used to remember those days and now that they're gone I can't recall the craziness I would feel. Since you are in tune with your body it sounds like you have a good handle on what to do when the special time arrives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even being in tune, the up and down emotions are quite annoying. But thank you. I really enjoyed wearing this look. I felt pretty.

      Delete
  16. Glenda,
    This look is as lush as it is light, as romantic as it is casual. It is a love -love for me. The tulle skirt is superb, the color, the length, the volume. I adore the v neck tee, it adds a bit of skin and that is nice. The ring is beautiful, I can see why it could inspire a look like this!
    A good reminder to take care of ourselves, whenever, we need it!
    Great composition in the photos, as well!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elle! You are so good with words. Thank you. I'm glad the outfit, location and inspiration flowed together for my readers. It's fun to create such posts. This outfit is one of my favorites. I always feel so soft and feminine, yet strong. Amazing how being in touch with our feminine prowess gives us amazing strength.

      Delete
  17. Love the double V tee shirt paired with your very pretty tulle skirt - love it! And that feather ring is so cool and appreciate that your outfit was inspired by it. I also appreciate your writing about taking time for yourself. I am finding lately that I have so little time to do the things that I want to do, especially since starting my blog. I have found that the older I become the more attune I am to what I need. I guess, for me, it took a while to learn and listen to what I needed. Thank you for sharing your thoughts Glenda.

    Cherie
    http://www.stylenudge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes sense - with age grows wisdom and being more attune. I absolutely know what I need and what I can do without. Thank you for the lovely words, Cherie. The ring is so lovely. I was taken by it immediately. It makes me smile.

      Delete
  18. It's important to cry out those tears sometimes to feel better. It,s a weight off your chest and making you feel as light as a feather as you said. Love the skirt, it is so attractive. Would love if you can link up to http://the-wardrobe-stylist.com/2016/01/22/fitness-hacks-my-weeks-fashion-lessons/ I post a link up every day. You can subscribe to my list to get the notifications :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment.

      Delete
  19. How much do I love this look?? So pretty, yet simple and elegant. You nailed it! http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robin. It is one of my favorite outfits.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda