1.04.2016

I Like

Have you ever woke from a deep sleep with a song from the past in your head? It happens to me quite often. As a matter of fact, a couple of months ago, Sarah Smile by Hall & Oates was the tune. Well, it happened again the morning of this photo-shoot. I often wonder what triggers the brain to recall the songs.  The one currently on cerebral rotation is from my partying college days. When I say partying, I mean dancing. I loved love dancing! During the 80s I took as many opportunities as I could to go to the dance clubs. And concerts...well, that's another story. I and a group of friends slept in front of Wherehouse Records (now out of business) to buy tickets to see Janet Jackson, Prince, and a host of other popular acts. As you could imagine, growing-up just a few miles away from Hollywood presented a bevy of opportunities to see the hottest ticket or to dance the night away, and I took full advantage.

On another note, here's a bit of insider blogging information...Unless I'm endorsing a specific product, I often do not have a clue what I'm going to write until after the photo-shoot is done. In essence, the outfit, location, and on this occasion - the song in my head, inspire the post. What song am I referring too? The song is, I Like by a popular 80s group called Guy. Dressed in some of my favorite cool weather pieces, and dancing posing to my own internal concert, I Like seemed most appropriate for today's post title. Here's today's look. I hope you like (smile). Oh yes, when you get to the inserted YouTube video, play the song while you're looking at the pictures. It would be cool to know, if you agree, the music fits the post. Have fun and I'll see you at the end of the post. Disclaimer: If you're viewing this at work, turn your speaker volume to low. Warning, the song may cause you to get up and dance.


Today's outfit bucks the 80s idea of avoiding white after summer. Though my denims aren't stark white,  they still fit the white family. Wearing a crisp, non-color adds an element of freshness to a darker palette. If I had chosen dark denims, it would have given this ensemble a heavier feel. I Like the way the army green anorak with gold details pop against the white.

Outfit Details - Winter White Jeans by Ralph Lauren via TJ Maxx (Love these Bootcut Denims by J.Crew); Sweater Turtleneck: Anne Klein II (Many Short Sleeve Turtlenecks at Shopstyle); Anorak: H&M (From past season. Check out almost identical anorak by Michael Kors); Handbag: Le Miel via TJ Maxx; Ankle Boots: Ann Taylor LOFT (Older style. Almost identical Donald Pliner Oli Booties at Macy's; Round Tortoiseshell Sunnies: Ann Taylor LOFT; Mood Ring belonged to my Mother.





 
 



So what's the verdict? Could you feel the vibe of the music translate in my attitude? How do you feel about wearing whites during the colder months? Phew - thank goodness there was no one around when the pics were taken. Who knows what they may have witnessed. I Like photo-shoots like this - when I feel relaxed, carefree and have a song in my head {wink}

Here's the latest review on A Place Called Peace by Pamela Lutrell of Over50Feeling40. Thanks Pam!

Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription. 

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Ups:
Visible Monday
Style Nudge
Photographs are the property of So What to Twenty!

23 comments:

  1. This is a terrific look. You are so right. It's very funny how songs just pop into our heads. I lived in New York in the 1980's so this song just reminds me so much of city days. And your outfit is very city day to me. So there you go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the 80s was such a city-life kind of decade, indeed. I can't stop singing this song. Just out of nowhere, I woke up humming this song. I wonder why?...Anyway, thanks Connie, I'm glad you caught the vibe :)

      Delete
  2. Love the white jeans and the whole look - and the throwback tune. xox

    Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The music fits the photo shoot, you nailed it! This "music out of nowhere" happens to me all the time. And yes, I do wear white in the winter. I am probably the one one in a 50-mile radius who does. Winter white is a big favorite. It took me awhile to not feel self-conscious about wearing white when it's snowing, but now I don't care! I enjoy breaking the old rules. Love your jacket, and the whole look. Fun adding the music!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what reasoning scientist give to the "music out of nowhere" theory. I actually like it when it happens. About a month ago it was Sarah Smile by Hall and Oates. Another one of my favorite old school songs. I absolutely LOVE wearing white regardless of the season, and I'm so thankful that antiquated rule as been debunked.

      Delete
  4. This is my jam! I am sitting here typing and rocking to this beat. I can definitely feel the vibe. Some rules are meant to be broken and the no winter after labor day is one of them. I love white and would love to wear it all year round but I am in NY and during the winter snowy month its not happening. Rock your whites if that what you love. Love your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! Yes, I think this post is making a lot of people walk around singing I Like, today :) I understand the snow situation.

      Delete
  5. Those white jeans are nice... we're Californians and wearing white is almost a winter staple for most of us! happy new year!
    Lily
    http://www.lilyseymour.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your relaxed look is perfectly aligned with the music. Continue to wear your white jeans in Winter they really look so good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Glenda,

    I often wake up with many thoughts, not so much songs. It's amazing how easily inspired someone can be. I like how you say that you have no idea what you will write about until the very day of the photoshoot. I think that makes your writing even more special because you feel what you write. It sounds like you and your friends had a lot of fun in the 80s!

    http://www.delabellesbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mekashia, thank you so much for your kind words. I read so much advice for bloggers saying to schedule blog post. Though I do know what days I'm going to post, I don't plan out what I'm going to say. And yes, by doing this, it gives me the opportunity to go with my spirit. It's rarely I have nothing to say :)

      Delete
  8. Have not heard this song in ages and you are dancing/prancing around while zipping the jacket and "I Like". Yes...I like this outfit a lot and you wear it so very well. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Neti! Yes, this song was so fun to dance to back in the day...and now!

      Delete
  9. You look really snappy, Glenda! Love the anorak, and the white purse is a perfect accessory to this outfit. I am not familiar with this band, but it somehow makes sense that you're a dancer - there is something musical about you! :)

    PS I will be happy to see you at Write and Link - and no worries, I'm not a master of a short story either, I just enjoy the process of writing! Do dive in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad I like the song, because it is now stuck in my head. Great them for this post! Love this outfit, the pairing of the classic anorak with the white crisp jeans, super cool. That gorgeous ring is a mood ring from your mom? How cool is that!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elle my mom had a great assortment of some really cool jewelry, I love wearing on occasion.

      Delete
  11. Ha, for once I am your opposite in likes. That hasn't happened too often in the years I have been following you. I am going with the American way of thinking ("don't say at all if you haven't got anything nice to say"). I am still not too sure whether my Dutch approach is such a good one.
    I never danced, I have a body which is stiff. I worked at a popconcert organisation and hardly ever went to the concerts (I could have gone 3 times a week). So opposites.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. Not everyone enjoys dancing, my husband included. For me, I love it. It's how I let loose.

      Delete
    2. Oh I love and enjoy it, but I suck at it haha. Doesn't stop me luckily. I don't mind making a fool of myself on the dancefloor. Everybody is too busy with themselves anyway.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda