1.11.2016

California Cool

Good Day Friends!

I'm popping in to show you an uber classic + casual look I sported for one of my birthday dinners with my family. We actually celebrated the momentous occasion by celebrating twice. Once on New Years Day and then second on my actual birthday - Friday, January 8th. On Friday, we decided to go to a happening hot-spot called the Anaheim Packing House or District. The Packing House is a communal gathering location situated just minutes from Disneyland. The atmosphere is quintessential California with live music performances, wine tasting, and a wide variety of culturally diverse eateries to tickle your taste buds - everything from Pho, Italian, French and Soul Food...just to name a few. Whatever your hungry heart desires. After dinner we headed over to Downtown Disney and danced to a live band which was playing classic hits. Sorry, there aren't any pictures of us dancing. We were all on the dance floor.

Though it had been storming rain on the days leading up to my birthday, on the 8th, we were fortunate to have a clear day with lovely blue skies. The temps were crisp, but not too cold, so I decided on a look which often describes the dress-code for many So Cal events - California Cool. A style of dress which typically consist of, for women, jeans, a pair of heels (preferably strappy heeled sandals), and if needed, a leather jacket. A style statement which usually evokes hipness with a nonchalant attitude. I hope you enjoy the look and I'll meet you in the comments.



Outfit Details - Jeans: Old Navy Petite Boyfriend I cut into cropped (similar style boyfriend jean at Old Navy); Sweater: Cashmere Turtleneck from Ann Taylor via eBay (similar sweater at the Outnet); Cropped Leather Jacket: Found at a vintage boutique near my home; Braided Belt: Ralph Lauren (Almost identical braided belt by Fossil); Leopard Print Ankle Tie-Up Sandals by Marc Fisher (I've had forever. Huge selection of leopard print sandals at Shopstyle); Polish is Bordeaux by essie.

Inside the Anaheim Packing House
Dancin' it up at Disney

 

 


I know some of you are wondering why I'm wearing a sweater and jacket with sandals. Well, if you've been following me for awhile, you know I absolutely can't handle my feet being enclosed. Yes, I will wear shoes if it's raining, or if it's freezing outside (freezing being anything below 50 degrees). On this day, the temps were hovering in the low 60s. Here's the deal - I LOVE wearing sandals, and I strongly believe my feet love me more because I don't in-case them. After all, I can't be categorized as California Cool without a great pair of strappy sandals{wink}
Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Up:
Visible Monday
Shoe & Tell
 Photographs are the property of So What to Twenty!

18 comments:

  1. Very cool look! The sandals look perfect. I like that they are an unexpected element when wearing a sweater and jacket. Boots might be more predictable. Sounds like a wonderful extended birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should mention boots. I put them on first and thought...Nah, I want my sandals. I always feel sexy in my sandals.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I'm a sucker for leopard anything! Those sandals are awesome :-)

    Monica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica. I go for Leo in moderation ;)

      Delete
  3. Celebrate the year my dear and you do look Cali Kool. I love the jacket with the sweater on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I love this look. You always have the most beautiful shoes on your elegant little feet. I live in jeans and sandals, too. Even in the rain!! A true Californian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are, Connie. Only we can understand are unquenchable appetite for exposed feet ;)

      Delete
  5. Uber cool indeed. You OWN this look! I think it would work anywhere. (And happy birthday!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do epitomize California Cool Glenda! Love the cream sweater with the leather jacket and gorgeous sandals. The sandals is what pops this outfit for me, so keep wearing them, let those toesies breathe!
    Great photos of your super fun day!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elle. Leather and Leo always tend to up the cool ante.

      Delete
  7. Love your sandal explanation. I didn't even think twice about it... I guess because in the Land of Blogger, you get used to season mixing. LOL

    Anyway, I adore the look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Daenel, but I've received comments wondering why I'm wearing sandals with a sweater. Etc.

      Delete
  8. Love your California cool/Rocker babe look Glenda :) Looks like you had lots of fun. Isn't it great to celebrate your birthday on several different days? By the way I love those sandals, very sexy especially mixed with the leather jacket.
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was fun celebrating, indeed. Thank you. I agree, there's something especially cool about leather and leopard.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for answering my question up front. If I have bare feet when it is cold(er), I have to go to the toilet all the time. Very annoying. (Too much information? Sorry)
    And yes you look very cool. I adore the sandals.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha, ha. I knew you would wonder, Greetje :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda