1.07.2016

50!

Everybody sing... 
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you - 
Happy Birthday Dear Glenda - 
Happy Birthday to you!
...And many more. 

If that wasn't a blatant attempt to get birthday wishes, I don't know what is. But hey, I'm excited! Yes, my friends, Friday I cross-over to the I don't give a darn what you think age of 50, and it feels oh-so good. What I'm about to write may seem like a cliche, but honestly my friends, I feel fantastic - both emotionally and physically. Because I recently discovered myself, my turning 50 actually feels like a rebirth of some sort. As these years approached, I was constantly bombarded with persons telling me it was downhill from here. I sat with my eyes rolling to the back of my head as I suffered through story after story about their midlife woes. Wow, really...I beg to differ. I'm reminded of the amazing group of vivacious fellow 40+ bloggers who scale the tallest mountains in style, grace, elegance and yes - sexiness - You know who you are. Woman who most definitely earn the right to say - SO WHAT TO TWENTY!

So today I celebrate. I not only celebrate surviving another year of life, but I celebrate my entrance into the years which society proclaims as golden - ripe with wisdom, confidence and self-assurance. To celebrate my birthday, I have selected an ensemble which represents femininity (pink), relaxation (soft, loose silhouette), confidence (in a bold sweater with unique details), Wisdom (pearls), and of course, traces of gold to symbolize the grand age of 50.  I hope you enjoy the look, and I'll meet you in the comment section.


Outfit Details - Cable Knit Bishop Sleeved Sweater: H&M (Last year); Wide-leg Cropped Pants: Ann Taylor Loft (Last Summer. Great selection of wide leg pants on Shopstyle); Gold Sandals: Banana Republic via eBay (Similar style by Alysia by Klub Nico at Nordstrom); Over-sized Pearl Brooch: Ann Taylor (vintage 90s); Tortoiseshell Rounded Sunglasses: Ann Taylor Loft; Double Pearl Ring: Stella Valley 'Rio De Janiero' at Nordstrom.


  
  

 


Today I'm going to stuff my face with chocolate cake...lots and lots of chocolate cake; and you know what? I deserve it. Now head on over to Bloom as I share my 50 year old wisdom. Today's post is called The Truth and Nothing But the Truth {wink}


Oh yes, I want to give a HUGE thank you to all of you dived into my story by purchasing A Place Called Peace, and were so kind to leave a review. I really appreciate your kindness, and I'm glad you enjoyed my story from pain to triumph.

Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Up:
Visible Monday
 Photographs are the property of So What to Twenty!

57 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GLENDA!! Welcome to the other side...I just pinned your birthday pic to my over50feelingfabulousboard! Have a very special day and enjoy the cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Pam!! I had my first taste of chocolate cake today. But wait...there's more :)

      Delete
  2. Screaming happy birthday Glenda all the way from Dothan, AL. Enjoy your special day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, Cynthia! Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!! Happy Birthday, my dear!! Enjoy your day!
    You look amazing in your off the shoulder sweater. Rock on my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to you GORGEOUS LADY! And I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly. I felt the same way about turning 40; everyone acted as if it was the end of the world. I hit 40 and rejoiced, it was awesome, so now that I'm edging towards 50 I'm getting pumped for that next level as well. Enjoy your day and your outfit as usual is sexy perfection! Werk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your very kind words. It's so strange how I never feel like I'm getting older - just wiser.

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday Glenda and welcome to Club 5-0. You are so inspiring and I wish all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Robin, thank you so much for your super kind words.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday Glenda, I am so glad that you are entering your 50's with peace in your heart and confidence. Many people never get there...so you should be proud of your journey. You look fantastic my friend, love the outfit especially the pearls and the gold (my favorite color:))
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, Nora, you are so right. Many never get to that place. But I bare witness...it is possible. And I agree, pearls and gold is so elegant.

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday Glenda! Enjoy that chocolate cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue!!! Thank you so much my lovely, petite friend :)

      Delete
  8. Happy birthday Glenda! Enjoy your special day!! We are almost twins, I was born 2 days earlier in 1966. Love, Carin

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very happy birthday to you. Your sweater caught my eye and I'm so happy I stopped by. Your post is full of wisdom that I'll remember when I turn 50 this May ... thanks for your insight into turning 50.

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica, thank you. I'm glad you stopped by, and I hope you keep on comin! The sweater is a unique piece, indeed.

      Delete
  10. Happy Birthday Glenda! You have so much to celebrate this year, and you do look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm dancing around the table as I sing Happy Birthday to you, Glenda. You are my trail blazer. Why? Because in 5 months or so, I'll be hitting the big 5.0. and if I can leap that hurdle with as much pizzazz and style as you, I'll be happy lass!
    Adorable outfit - just adorable.
    Wish you a wonderful year ahead with much love and joy.

    http://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacqueline you're so sweet. Thank you for dancing, and thank you for bring so kind.

      Delete
  12. Happy Happy Birthday Glenda!!!! Woo Hoo!!! You should most definitely celebrate. You are going to love being 50. It truly is the I-don't-give-a-hoot decade. Enjoy it! And yes I love your outfit. Pearls for wisdom :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie! I'm really looking forward to this stage of my life.

      Delete
  13. Best wishes on reaching a fabulous age..Love the outfit..sexy glam is always in..Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I Love, love this outfit on you and . . .ripe with wisdom, confidence and self-assurance. These are the best years and I can attest to that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday!! Welcome to the 50's...it's a pretty awesome place to be! :-)
    #seniordiscounts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darlene! I'm always down for a good discount.

      Delete
  16. Happy Today, Yesterday and all the Tomorrows. Enjoy your Life!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. of course Happy, happy birthday to you. As a very wise (hah) old (haha) woman (now that is true) I can tell you, getting older has a lot of perks (if you are lucky). But you have to let go, wanting to compete in looks with women much younger. Your skin will eventually give up. But you get so much in return.
    Yes, a day to celebrate.
    And .... how you manage to look so cool in a pair of wide, short trousers, I don't know. Very very nice birthday outfit.
    Greetje
    PS I have almost the same pearl ring (gift from a friend).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only competition I'm in is with myself, Greetje. Never with anyone else. At least not at this stage of my life.

      Delete
  18. Happy Birthday🎉. Welcome to the fabulous 50.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful post and you look FAB dear :) I wish you a happy healthy 2016 with lots of fun!

    Check out my new post - My amazing kitchen floor makeover :)

    LOVE Maria Inredning - it's Swedish for decor

    ReplyDelete
  20. can you hear me singing!!!??? I am thrilled for you~ You should be feeling golden! Love your ensemble -love the cut of the pants, the sweet sweater and super cool brooch: the shoes add the elegance that I associate with my dear friend Glenda!
    Happy Happy! with love, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Elle. Yes, I heard your singing!

      Delete
  21. Girl, Happy Birthday to ya - Happy BirthDAAAYYY!!!! Just found your blog and I'm reveling in it - you are so chic, grown up style! Many blessings to you my sista, you're doing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juliette, hi and welcome to So What to Twenty! I'm glad you're enjoying it. Thank you for the birthday song!

      Delete
  22. Happy birthday dear Glenda! I turned 50 already in May 2015 and what should I say.. no big changes! I feel good! :-)
    Best wishes to you my friend.

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy belated birthday, Dana! I believe I wished you well via Instagram.

      Delete
  23. Happiest birthday dear Glenda! Fifty is so fabulous, (and 60 is awesome too). Best wishes to you, xox

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Birthday, dear Glenda!!! You look BEAUTIFUL! What a great outfit to celebrate your birthday - feminine, classy, soft yet with a zest. Just like you are! I hope the cake was fantastic as well! :)
    All my best,
    Natalia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Natalia. Your words are so touching.

      Delete
  25. What a fabulous outfit to celebrate such a milestone. I absolutely love it and it has Glenda written all over it!! The peach color is one of my favorite colors - so pretty.
    Happy Birthday Glenda.

    Cherie
    http://www.stylenudge.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. My friend, YOU & your birthday OOTD embody everything I want to be! but feel so desperately disconnected from (love, almost 53 ...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeannee, thank you so much for the kind words, but please, don't sell yourself short.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda