12.28.2015

Reunited

Hi Everyone!

I hope you're enjoying this Holiday Season. I'm popping on to share a few things with you. First, a cute story: I attended Nora of Jacket Society's Holiday Sale and Open House on December 12th. You can see the event by clicking HERE. I was excited to finally meet another Southern California blogger, and of course, to sink my teeth into more of Nora's great items. Since I was on a budget, I was only armed with a certain amount of money. I walked away from the event with a gorgeous embroidered wrap (I'll wear it soon on the blog). However, I drove home thinking...Oh goodness, I should have got the loopy sweater. I tossed and turned for two days and told my husband about the incredible find. Finally I emailed Nora to tell her I wanted to purchase the sweater, and what did she tell me...it had been sold. What?!!! I was devastated. 

For two weeks I was in a dreadful funk and I walked around kicking myself for not purchasing the fun sweater. Come Christmas morning, it was time to unwrap the gifts. As I removed the wrapping from the gift from my husband, I saw a familiar gold polka-dot tissue paper and glimpse of the label underneath - Jacket Society. I ripped the tissue paper away, and lo and behold what did I see - it was the loopy sweater just for me! We were reunited once again.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For my second share, I was interviewed by the Pasadena Black Pages - a media source that celebrates the achievements of African Americans originally from the Pasadena area. You can see the entire interview by clicking HERE. In the meantime, below is the recorded portion of the interview. Enjoy! 




 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, there is a new post over at Bloom. If you haven't visited Bloom, please do so. It has much different content than So What to Twenty. Bloom is an inspirational blog about believing in yourself, growth and positive living. Some of you have asked about following Bloom. Well now you can! Just pop on over and follow by email via Bloglovin.


  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll be back in a few days for the first fashion post for 2016!

Happy New Year!
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription. 
 
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Photographs are the property of So What to Twenty!

26 comments:

  1. Glenda thank you so much for coming to my event and for sharing this cute story! I was so happy when you husband contacted me to purchase the loopy jacket/sweater. I thought to myself what a special man :) It had your name on it and it looks fab on you. Congrats on your interview and I will check out Bloom very soon. Here is to a happy and healthy new year for all of us and hopefully we will meet again soon. xxxx
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nora, when I can't stop thinking about something, I have to make it mine! And yes, my husband is a very kind man :)

      Delete
  2. How sweet that your husband bought the sweater for you!
    http://whosaprettygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenda, you are one busy girl! It took my awhile to get through all of the great information in this post so I can only imagine what it is like actually living it. Well done! I really enjoyed the interview. I didn't realize that you had been sick so I am particularly happy to see you healthy and lovely in your loopy jacket. What a nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, yes, I work hard, but I also play often. I take full advantage of my down time. My husband is good with helping me step away from the work. Yes, just before launching the blog I became ill with a few ailments. I spent quite awhile under a doctors care. Writing gives me life. There's something magical about forming words together to create a story. The writing seemed to give me peace and restored health...and also communicating with all you lovely women makes my day.

      Delete
  4. How sweet of your husband!! That sweater is too cute. I would've felt the same way if I'd let it slip through my fingers.

    Congratulations on your interview.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see you in this sweater, Daenel. I would have never forgiven myself if I didn't have it. It's so scrumptious.

      Delete
  5. Awwww Glenda, your husband knows how to treat his wife well. The sweater looks so good on you. Hope you had a great Christmas with your family and Happy new year. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elsie! Yes he does. He treats me well. Christmas was wonderful. Enjoyed being with family.

      Delete
  6. Fabulous sweater Glenda! What a fun item to have in your wardrobe! I enjoyed the interview, you looked and sounded so relaxed! You are an inspirational lady. Your book is motivating and proof that peace is within the reach of any of us if we believe in ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny Karen, I was nervous and the producer had to take several takes. Good editing.

      Exactly. This sweater is fun, and very unique. A surprise for my wardrobe.

      Delete
  7. I saw the preview of this fabulous jacket on IG and I love it. At the moment I am thinking about that: which content to share on which media and when....
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nora has a great collection. I really enjoy her things.

      It can be confusing. ..deciding what to share and when.

      Delete
  8. Lovely sweater on you my dear and your Hubs. . .well he is Special. Enjoy your Life and make 2016 the year you erase all doubts!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely sweater and how sweet of your hubby to get it for you. I enjoyed looking at the interview. It is always nice to get the 3D version of my favorite bloggers.

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he is very sweet. I literally did the happy dance when I saw the sweater. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview.

      Delete
  10. Oh it is so nice to get something you really want. Congrats on the interview too!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found you from Robin's Blog... it was nice watching the above video and learning that you're also a So Cal gal. I've add you to my Bloglovin feed and looking forward to your post!
    http://www.lilyseymour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lily, and thank you for following So What to Twenty! I hope you enjoy being apart of the community.

      Delete
  12. Wonderful to hear your voice - great interview, Glenda! And this jacket is soooo groovy, what a lovely gift from your husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalia. I always feel out of sorts when I hear my own voice. To me it sounds very child-like, but others always say its so soft. I don't know...
      Yes, the sweater/jacket is so cool. I felt like a rocker-chic wearing it!

      Delete
  13. That sweater was MADE for you. You really look like a rock star in it. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Funny, I did feel like a cool rocker-chic wearing it - like I was a part of Prince's entourage :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda