12.09.2015

A New Chapter - BIG Announcements!

"I sit quietly while the transformation takes place, for I know, with time and patience, the outcome will far exceed what my mind could have ever imagined. There will come a day, when from the dark liquid, shall emerge a lovely creature that flutters among the flowers; hovering about, in search of a peaceful place where it shall land."
Excerpt from A Place Called Peace by Glenda K. Harrison

My darling friends, the time has finally come to fly! Many of you were with me when the vision for A Place Called Peace came into fruition. Remember in 2014 when I shared my journey to self-discovery in a blog series? Well, it was that blog series which evolved into the book. The task of writing a book was a long and arduous road, yet and still, a road I'm most certainly willing to travel again and again. I have been holding my new baby in my arms for weeks now, while waiting patiently for the perfect season to release her into the world - A season when thoughts of writing new chapters for one's life are most prevalent.

A journey to finding self is never an easy road to navigate, but once you arrive at your destination, you feel light, as free as a butterfly, and ready to use your wings. In the final chapter, The Purpose of Butterfly Wings, you'll discover just how incredible it feels to recognize and use your wings (gifts). For a time such as this - journey to A Place Called Peace- a time of reflection and deeper introspection - a time of emotional healing, and the discovery of your own natural gifts. My friends, this is where your journey begins... 


A Place Called Peace - Book Trailer

 

My Book Inspired Outfit Includes: White Poplin Button-down Peplum: Anthropologie (Similar Button-down Peplum at Anthropologie. Love this peplum by Steffen Schraut. Almost identical Burberry London Poplin Peplum at Nordstrom); Stretch Moto Pants: Ann Taylor Loft (Past seasons but very similar Tech Stretch Skinny at Ann Taylor Loft);  Brena Flats by Michael Kors via eBay; Orange Beaded Cardigan via TJ Maxx wide assortment of orange cardigans at ThredUp); Floral Brooch via eBay: Big assortment of beautiful Floral Brooch with stem on eBay; A Place Called Peace at CreateSpace eStore or Amazon- HAPPY SHOPPING!


A Place Called Peace
written by Glenda K. Harrison, creator of So What to Twenty!
NOW AVAILABLE on CreateSpace eStore
- See more at: http://sowhattotwenty.blogspot.com/p/a-place-called-peace.html#sthash.hCtgshfa.dpuf
A Place Called Peace
written by Glenda K. Harrison, creator of So What to Twenty!
NOW AVAILABLE on CreateSpace eStore
Purchase your copy from CreateSpace eStore HERE
- See more at: http://sowhattotwenty.blogspot.com/p/a-place-called-peace.html#sthash.hCtgshfa.dpuf

A Place Called Peace
written by Glenda K. Harrison, creator of So What to Twenty!
Now available on CreateSpace eStore, Kindle and Amazon

A Place Called Peace
written by Glenda K. Harrison, creator of So What to Twenty!
NOW AVAILABLE on CreateSpace eStore
Purchase your copy from CreateSpace eStore HERE
- See more at: http://sowhattotwenty.blogspot.com/p/a-place-called-peace.html#sthash.hCtgshfa.dpuf

A Place Called Peace
written by Glenda K. Harrison, creator of So What to Twenty!
NOW AVAILABLE on CreateSpace eStore
- See more at: http://sowhattotwenty.blogspot.com/p/a-place-called-peace.html#sthash.hCtgshfa.dpuf
A Place Called Peace
written by Glenda K. Harrison, creator of So What to Twenty!
NOW AVAILABLE on CreateSpace eStore
- See more at: http://sowhattotwenty.blogspot.com/p/a-place-called-peace.html#sthash.hCtgshfa.dpuf

Purchase your copy from CreateSpace eStoreKindle

Amid all the excitement, I was also invited to speak at the 2016 B@M (Bloggers at Midlife) Conference in Las Vegas! I am so thrilled and honored to join a panel and speak on the subject of Reinvention and Branding - two subjects I hold dear. For more information on the B@M Conference, please visit the provided link.

More information on B@M HERE

And finally, dear friends, my next So What to Twenty post will be on December 28th. As you can imagine, on top of preparing for the Christmas season, I am also in the process of planning a book release signing and discussion for January 30th at 2:00 pm (PST). If you follow @sowhattotwenty on Periscope, you'll be able to join the discussion LIVE! In the meantime, here is your chance to win a FREE copy of A Place Called Peace. Good luck!
Stay True,
 
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription. 

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Ups:
High Latitude Style
Throwback Thursday
Visible Monday 
Shoe & Tell
Whitney Nic James
Photographs are the property of So What to Twenty!

46 comments:

  1. Glenda! You are on my panel at BAM! I am so excited to get to know you better! Congratulations on the book and I so look forward to meeting you in LV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, Pam, how cool! I'm really looking forward to this conference. I'm glad we're on the same panel. This will be fun!

      Delete
    2. Oh...my gosh! The conference is five minutes from my house!
      Congratulations on the release of your book! Love the outfit too. :-)
      Darlene

      Delete
    3. Thanks Darlene. I hope to see you in Vegas!

      Delete
  2. CONGRATS Lady G!! I know this will be on the best book list soon. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the release of your book Glenda! I've been waiting for this and will go over to Amazon and order a copy. (I LOVE the outfit you chose for the blog today! I'm a huge fan of longer shirts with shorter sweaters!) You are so right about this being a long journey. I have not yet arrived at my personal place called peace, but I am on the road and can envision it, so that is a positive step!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your amazing support, Karen. And yes, that is a positive step!

      Delete
  4. Love the book video video. SO PROUD OF YOU! Can't wait to dive in...I know it's going to be such a great read. This is so exciting!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Whitney. You're such a darling. I appreciate you.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations, Glenda! You've done a wonderful job and ready to fly further in your life adventure. How exiting! Good luck with all the preparations and events, and of course happy holidays to you and your family! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're an awesome woman, Natalia! Happy Holidays to you and your family too.

      Delete
  6. I am so excited for you. You are so talented and you work so hard. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, though it was a long process, it never felt like work. Thank you my friend ;)

      Delete
  7. Glenda, you are such an inspiration!! Warmest congratulations on your book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many wonderful things are happening in your life. Congratulations. I hope that your book will be read by many and that they benefit from your journey.
    In the meantime you are being very pretty on that bench. Love the outfit, especially those flats. I adore those flats and want them myself.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! How awesome is this? All the best with the book! I hadn't heard of this conference, definitely checking it out!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you. What a wonderful, life affirming event.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Glenda, how exciting!!! You are an inspiration to many. All the best with your upcoming events and best wishes for the Christmas holidays. I would love to read your book Glenda. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elsie. It is available internationally!

      Delete
  12. Wow what a big achievement. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style. Congrats on the book. That's a great achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, Glenda! What an exciting development in your life. thank you for sharing it with us. xox

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patti! Yes, I am extremely excited...and a bit scared.

      Delete
  15. Glenda, congratulations on this amazing achievement! May those wings take you ever higher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, thank you! Yes, I am ready to fly :)

      Delete
  16. Congratulations on your new book and speaking engagements. So happy for you! I love your outfit! Your sweater is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Amy. I've had this sweater for many years, but I still love it. Thank you for the kind words!

      Delete
  17. I just ordered my copy off of Amazon. Congratulations Glenda, I can only imagine how much time and effort went into writing it. Looking forward to reading it. Can't leave without commenting on those fabulous pointy toe shoes!! love them.

    Cherie
    http://www.stylenudge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherie, thank you very much! I hope you enjoy it. Please, once you finish reading, I hope you'll leave a review. Yes, it was a long process, but worth it. The shoes are still available on eBay.

      Delete
  18. Congrats on this amazing accomplishment Glenda! I will be ordering it later today. It was so nice meeting you last weekend. Thank you so much for stopping by our Holiday Sale and Open House. I hope we can meet up again next year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nora, thank you so much. I hope you enjoy the book. Please, once you finish your reading, I hope you'll leave a review on Amazon. And I'm sure will meet again. I probably pop over to purchase more of your lovely items.

      Delete
  19. Congrats! I just love your blog; I always feel so relaxed and peaceful (and informed and entertained!) after reading it. I know your book will be a great resource.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth! Thank you for leaving a comment. What a kind thing to say. I'm glad it makes you feel relaxed and peaceful - that's exactly how I feel when I'm writing.

      Delete
  20. Glenda, Congratulations! So wonderful seeing a dream and hard work being realized. I just ordered my copy of "A Place Called Peace" from Amazon so I will be ready for the January Periscope discussion. Merry Christmas to you Fred and your boys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eugenia! I will pass your message to Fred and the boys. And Merry Christmas to you and yours! Thank you for ordering the book, and I'll see you on Periscope :)

      Delete
  21. Congratulations sis, this is a wonderful accomplishment of which I am sure your family is extremely proud of. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  22. So many congratulations are in order!! I can not imagine how much it goes into writing a book. Way to go!

    Thank you for being a part of TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you soon!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda