10.06.2015

Tickled Pink

The best way to change your negative perspective about something is to view it in a positive light, and then get excited about it. Right? OK, we all know receiving a mammogram isn't the most pleasant of experiences. But putting the squeeze machine aside; doesn't it feel great knowing you're taking care of your health? Of course it does! Woot woot!

To celebrate the appointment occasion, and feminine health awareness, I'm wearing a flirty dress from Loft along with a touch of pink. I don't wear much pink, but for this post, it's most appropriate. So, with my bright pink sandals, and my Day Designer in hand, I phoned my physician and scheduled my appointment for my mammogram. I'm tickled pink to keep a promise I made to my beloved mother, who passed away from pancreatic cancer twenty years ago. Enjoy the post!


Outfit Details: Quilted Plaid Flippy Dress - Ann Taylor Loft; Short-sleeved white shirt - Ann Taylor Loft (from this summer. Great selection of white shirts on Shopstyle); Hot Pink Suede Sandals - Victoria Secrets via eBay (Love these by Barney's New York. Great pink sandals at Shopstyle); Day Planner by Day Designer - available at Target); "G" Charm Necklace by Swell Caroline; Large Gem Bracelet from Ann Taylor Loft (purchased years ago. Check out the similar Square Gallery Gem Bracelet)







 

Let's celebrate who we are by being good to ourselves. Here's to womanhood and our beautiful breast! Scheduling the appointment is always the hardest step. But once you get past this stage, you'll feel tickled pink {wink}

Stay True,

If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription and receive my  
6 Ways to Breathe Life Into Your Everyday
And please, take the time to share this post with your friends via email and other  social media platforms. Thank you!

 
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Ups:
Fun Fashion Friday
Throwback Thursday
Photographs by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty!

27 comments:

  1. Hi this Sharon Johnson I love your blog...I deleted my Goggle + profile for just too much social media too follow. But i am still following your wonderful blog have a great day and week !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sharon. I'm glad you're still reading So What to Twenty! I completely understand about the social media. It can be overwhelming.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this dress with the pink sandals, and the day planner is the perfect touch! So classy! (Also a good reminder to stay up to date on screenings - all of them!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Karen. I don't wear much pink, but when I spotted these sandals on eBay, I knew they'd work perfectly with this flirty little dress.

      Delete
  3. I am lovin' the pink tied to the important message of scheduling and keeping that mammogram appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy that your mammo was clear. Yay! Now, I must tell you that you really ought to wear pink more often. Think about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had it yet, Connie. I hope your words are a positive confirmation. My appointment is this Friday. Well, I like the bright pink more than the pastel, so maybe...

      Delete
  5. Very important reminder for us all Glenda. In Australia we have a government funded service that provides free mammograns every two years for women over 50 or earlier for women considered at risk.P.S. Love your black dress with its hot pink accents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an excellent incentive by your government. I hope the women are utilizing the service. And thank you. I really love this flirty, little dress :)

      Delete
  6. You are so right in what you say. We should indeed be grateful for all the care we receive. And you look lovely in your black dress. As always loving your sandals.
    Hope you got an "all clear" .
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Greetje! It's important for us to love who we are, and not solely how we look in our fashions.

      Delete
  7. Lucky woman if you can wear sandals in October, Glenda! I am envying you ... and, of course, you have the most appropriate shoes for the day ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always spring or summer in California, Dan.

      Delete
  8. You look lovely, Glenda! Love the pink accents and I love that you're taking action on staying healthy. Bravo!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Whitney, my health is very important to me. No one likes going to the doctor, but it's so important to stay on top it.

      Delete
  9. Hello Beautiful Glenda! Hope ALL is going great with you! ( I am sure it is!) You look so pretty and happy wearing that cute dress together with those, also very cute, pink heels! Thanks for this post. To me, reading it was a breath of fresh air and a reminder to always take care of ourselves and our beloved tatas! I started getting mammograms every year since I was forty and yes, the hardest is to make the appointment but like you said, once it is done and over the joy and sense of relief I end up feeling is just priceless. Have an amazing evening my sweet friend. Always think of you:-) XOXO, Jeannette

    www.msjeannieandhercloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeannie! Yes, our beloved tatas are very important and deserve our attention; as well as the rest of our bodies. I'm fortunate enough to have a health care plan that sends reminders to have physicals done. I make sure to keep them.

      And thank you. I love the flirtiness of the dress and together with the pink sandals, the look is ultra feminine.

      Delete
  10. Always a great idea to stay on top of our health. I rely too much on my phone, I need to get a hard cope calendar cos technology isn't that full proof. Thanks for this inspiration
    http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore a full-fledged day planner. I only use my android for simple reminders. But I need to have things written down.

      Delete
  11. Hi Glenda, you look lovely in that black dress and those cute pink sandals. A lot of women dread going for a mammogram but its better to be safe than sorry. Thanks for the reminder. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elsie, and you're right - better safe than sorry.

      Delete
  12. Your outfit is adorable!!! I love that your dress is quilted and love, love the white shirt underneath the look. The pink sandals paired with the black and white is so flirty and fun.

    Cherie
    http://www.stylenudge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cherie! I thought the white top added a touch more interest.

      Delete
  13. It is always a great relief to have that feeling that you are checking to make sure the body is still on the right track. Health is wealth!! You look so adorable and the pink sure gives it a really nice touch. Beautiful post as always.


    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You rock! Cute look AND breast cancer awareness!

    Thanks so much for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday!
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great post to remind ourselves to take care of ourselves. I have been so bad about getting my first mammogram (I am 43) and finally had it done several months ago. Of course, I had to have a further exam. Really glad I finally took the time to take care of me. Love this pretty dress and those gorgeous heels!

    Thank you for being a part of TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you Thursday.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda