10.20.2015

Products That Give Me Life: Part Two

Hi friends, 

I'm back with the second installment of my two-part series - Products That Give Me Life. As I continue to move through the alphabet, today I'm sharing products, websites, recipes, etc, that begin with the letters N - Z. Let's get started!

N~
Net-a-porter (The Edit online magazine)
My Thursday morning ritual consist of a warm beverage while clicking through the latest issue of Net-a-porter's The Edit. One of my top online resources for the latest in fashion and lifestyle.
  
O~
Orange-Balsamic Vinaigrette with Arugula Salad
A lite and tantalizing salad that's refreshing and perfect when paired with a herb roasted chicken and your favorite white wine:
Ingredients:
2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tbsp fresh Orange Juice
1 tsp Orange Zest
1 Garlic Clove, minced
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
8 cups Baby Arugula or any Mix of Baby Greens
1/2 cup grated fresh Parmigiano Reggiano
For the vinaigrette: combine balsamic vinegar, orange juice, orange zest, and garlic in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil until well combined, and season with salt and pepper to taste, Set aside. If making ahead, cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Just before serving, place arugula in a large bowl and toss with vinaigrette. Add Parmigiano Reggiano and toss lightly to coat. Serves 4 to 6
 
Q~
A great source of inspiration for persons like myself - introverted. Living in this modern world of technology and constant chatter has taken me a bit off-guard. There are days when I need to be alone in my space and in my thoughts - this is how I get my energy. Reading Cain's intelligent perspective shed light on how difficult it is for an introvert to live in a world that must constantly communicate. 

R~
Ralph Lauren (need I say more)
Ralph Lauren Spring 2016 {Source: Vogue Runway}
S~
Shower Tablets by Aura Cacia
When I want a spa experience in a short amount of time, I often reach for an Aura Cacia Shower Tablet. Peppermint and Lavender are my favorite. Place one tablet on the floor of your shower, and as the warm water hits it, it begins to dissolve, leaving behind a therapeutic aroma.


T~
 Teeccino Herbal  Coffee Drink 
 Last week I shared my daily ritual of having a warm drink with Pepperidge Farm Bordeaux Cookies. My favorite drink is a Vanilla Nut Herbal Coffee by Teeccino. Teeccino is caffeine free but looks, tastes, and brews like coffee, and it's made from nutritious herbs.

U~
You may have noticed my love for off the shoulder and strapless dresses and/or tops. Thanks to this amazing bra by Lilyette, I'm able to wear these types of looks.

V~
Vanilla Rose Ceylon Tea by Flying Bird Botanicals
On Monday I was thankful to spend a relaxing day at one of Southern California's most beautiful museums and botanical gardens - the Huntington. During our visit, I popped into the gift shop. Of course I did. I happen to LOVE museum gift shops. On this visit, I walked away with a tea I had never tried. The flavor may sound odd, but believe me, it is incredible. Light notes of vanilla combined with a hint of rose...reminds me of tasting a vanilla sweet while strolling through a rose garden. Check out the Flying Bird Botanicals website for more unique tea blends.

W~
Well Kept Cleansing Clothes by Stay Well Kept
I always find the most practical, yet impractical items in the office section at Anthropologie. I'm now sold on the Well Kept Cleansing Clothes. Ok, I may not have told you, but I'm quite a germ-a-phobe. Touching door knobs, shaking hands, public restrooms, etc. gross me out. My family will attest to my sometimes bothersome quirk. Wipes, hand sanitizer and now Well Kept all have a place inside my handbag. This cute packet houses tiny wipes which I use to rid my cell phone and eyeglasses from "stuff" LOVE!!
 

X~
Um, I couldn't think of anything

Y~
Yellow
When you think of the color yellow, very rarely does a negative thought come to mind. Mostly optimistic, cheerful and bright ideas. I love yellow. It will always be my favorite color. My home and wardrobe is gently peppered with this joyful hue. Each time I see or wear it, it makes me smile.

Z~
Zoya Nail Polish
The longest wearing, toxin-free formula for natural nails with over 300 vegan friendly shades to choose from.


And there you have it, friends - from A to Z, what gives me life. As you just discovered, there is quiet a variety in what I shared...everything from nail polish, to bras, to recipes. I hope you enjoyed this series as much as I enjoyed presenting it to you. If you missed the first part (from A to M), click Products That Give Me Life: Part One {wink}
Stay True,

If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription and receive my  
6 Ways to Breathe Life Into Your Everyday
And please, take the time to share this post with your friends via email and other  social media platforms. Thank you!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
  Photographs by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda