10.25.2015

Innovative

Innovative:
(Of a product, idea, etc.) featuring new methods; advanced and original.
(Of a person) introducing new ideas; original and creative in thinking. 

Have you ever spotted an item that's so interesting, you just have to have it? It catches your eye; you take it into the fitting room, and with all it's quirkiness, you know you can make it work. That huge fashion light-bulb goes off above your head. As you examine yourself in the mirror, your mind says, 'A tweak here and a tweak there.' Yes, your creative juices are flowing. You gather your belongings, along with the new item, and head towards the check-out. While the sales associate rings your purchase, your mind is spinning with all the ways you're going to wear the new purchase. 

Such is the case for the over-sized duster/jacket/surgeon coat - thing-a-bob, I'm wearing in today's post. While waiting for my favorite eyebrow threader to return from lunch, I wandered into the neighboring Urban Outfitters. As I perused the store, I took a peak in the clearance section. There among legions of little tops, I spotted the item. 'What is it?' I thought. The inside label read - Operating Surgical Gown. It even tied like a hospital gown. 'Hmm, if I remove all the straps, this would make a really cool light-weight coat.' I examined the price...$19.99 with an addition 50% off. You can't beat that! And since I'm a sucker for white garments - I made it mine. I hope you enjoy today's look - The cornerstone being my new, innovative purchase.

The moment the fashion light-bulb lights up.
And innovative new product - ZipMyself
 

Outfit Details - White Duster: Urban Outfitters (Sold Out. Dig this white duster by Sandra Weil); Black Pants: Ann Taylor Loft. My own DIY project. I cut regular length pants into cropped. Last seen in post called Kick-Hem. Lots of cropped pants at Shopstyle; Lou & Grey Roll Fave Tee: Ann Taylor Loft; Short Crystal Pendant Necklace: Ann Taylor Loft (no longer available); Long necklace "G" Pendant: Swell Caroline. (Really cute pendant by Kate Spade); Basic Sunglasses (Brown): Ann Taylor Loft; Leopard Crossbody Bag: Nine West (tons of leopard crossbody bags at Shopstyle); Belt: Michael Kors via TJ Maxx; Sandals are vintage Nine West via eBay. 

  

 


Holding the ZipMyself

Sometimes we have to be innovative in order to create the wardrobe of our dreams. That 'to die for' item isn't always without tweaks or changes. It's good to go shopping with a more open perspective. If you see something that catches your eye, examine it, and try to view it beyond what is in plain sight. In this case, a surgeon's coat loaded with lots of straps and ties has become a light-weight coat or duster. Who would have thought{wink}

Please visit today's sponsor, ZipMyself - the innovative idea to help you zip yourself.
Stay True,

If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription and receive my  
6 Ways to Breathe Life Into Your Everyday



Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Ups:
Throwback Thursday
Fun Fashion Friday
 Photographs by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty!

23 comments:

  1. Oh I love, love, LOVE this Glenda on you. Clever you for spotting it and seeing its potential. Love the description of this - surgical gown - thing-a-bob! Made me chuckle! Shall I pass you a scapel? :) Great choice of that leopard print bag and I want those gorgeous sandals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I plan in having fun with my new thing-a-bob. And yes, pass me a scape :)

      Delete
  2. Both innovative ideas- the surgeons lab coat into a chic duster and the ZipMyself productšŸ’«

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Dr. Glenda. Look at how nicely it billows out when you walk. Nicely done! I've been watching "The Knick" on Cinemax. It's a series about a hospital in 1900's New York. Have you seen it? The costumes are so good. It reminds me a little of your surgical coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie, thanks! No, I haven't seen it. But I have been watching a Masterpiece series on PBS called Indian Summers. Also a period piece with great costumes.

      Delete
  4. You have such great style. I will take your advice and look beyond what I see. I can see where it opens up a whole world of possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karen. Having an open mind makes shopping more interesting.

      Delete
  5. Glenda,
    You would come away with a surgical gown and make a beautiful outfit from it. You look ah-maxing !!! I love the last photo of that really showed off the sweep of the coat. And I adore those sunglasses. Kisses, Elle
    I am intrigued with that zipper gadget !!
    http://www.mydailycostume.com/blog/2015/10/7/burnt-out-velvet-that-is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elle! ZipMyself is a pretty cool product. When I tried the coat on, I was sold when I saw how incredible it looked with the sleeves pushed up ;)

      Delete
  6. You have done an amazing job with that surgeons lab coat. I would not have thought about it but you made it work so well. Love the outfit. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elsie! It is a fun piece to style.

      Delete
  7. Very creative. Thinking outside the box is what expands our horizons. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever little minx you are. Puffing up the sleeves, removing the straps and using it like a coat!! Brilliant. You look so good in this. And of course you styled it with the right clothes, sandals and that awesome bag... I do so love your styling abilities.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetje, you are so sweet. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  9. You look fabulous as always! Love how you styled your duster!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love black and white and leopard!

    Thanks so much for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday & happy Halloween!

    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you transformed this into a duster! I have zero imagination when it comes to repurposing my clothes.


    Thank you for being a part of TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you Thursday.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Magnifique!! What a brilliant idea Glenda, you look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda