10.18.2015

Descansar

Descansar (Spanish): To Rest

This past week was incredibly full. Foregoing Los Angeles Fashion Week to witness both my sons participate in their activities - A full blown concert one night and football another. Plus, the ongoing work of getting A Place Called Peace finalized (see book description); the Periscope broadcast on Tuesday, and of course, my So What to Twenty posts. Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely thankful to be able to do what I love. I love it so much it's hard to break-away from it - sometimes forgetting to eat, or realizing my back aches because I've been hunched over my keyboard for the entire day. Si, necesito descansar (Yes, I need to rest).

Monday my husband is going to whisk me away to one of my favorite locations - The Huntington Library, Museum and Botanical Gardens, for a leisurely afternoon stroll around the grounds and lunch. I so need this day. Yes, it is only a day, but I plan on taking full advantage of this quiet retreat. I plan on avoiding my email and social media. Um, maybe I'll post some pics onto Instagram...maybe.

To go along with the theme of descansar (rest), for this post I'm wearing a relaxed look with a distinct Spanish flavor: a pair of easy denims I've had for years, but decided to cut the hem to have a fringed look; simple white tank top; an outer piece with embroidery and fringe, hat and boots.  Enjoy!


Outfit Details - Embroidered Outerwear: SheInPetite Curvy Boot-Cut Jeans: Old Navy (hems removed for fringe); Lou & Grey White Racer back Tank: Ann Taylor Loft; Ralph Lauren Boots via TJ Maxx (I've had these for years, but the Ralph Lauren Michaela Calfskin Boot is very similar); Wide Brim Fedora: Forever 21(check out the wide selection of hats at Forever 21)





I'll be back on Tuesday evening with the second part to Products That Give Me Life. I hope you'll join me on Periscope, Tuesday @ 7:00pm (PST) @SoWhattoTwenty. I'll share my favorite products, websites, etc from N to Z. I'll see you at #TheIntersection {wink}

If you missed any of last week's posts, here's a recap:
Stay True,

If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription and receive my  
6 Ways to Breathe Life Into Your Everyday
And please, take the time to share this post with your friends via email and other  social media platforms. Thank you!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Ups:
Shoe and Tell
Visible Monday

Photographs by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty!

12 comments:

  1. Your day off sounds fabulous! Have a wonderful time! Especially loving this white embroidered top! Great (relaxed!) look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a perfect day Karen. The top is cool. I'm going to get alot of use out of it.

      Delete
  2. Lovely outfit, Glenda! Hope you're enjoying your restful day...xo!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great day off to me and boy do I need one of those days. I have been working none stop including weekends for the last month....You look great in this casual look and I love your hat!
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a perfect day, Nora. I had worked so much my brain hurt. Take time off and enjoy it. The work will be there when you get back.

      Delete
  4. Pretty look and so cute pics!
    Have a nice day!
    Blamod
    http://blamod.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look, so relaxed yet very chic. Love the embroiled blouse and hat ! Cherish that day, you deserve it!
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elle. You know I love a good Spanish reference.

      Delete
  6. I see that the feminine top balances the more masculin boots and hat. Well done. Love the pretty jacket.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda