10.04.2015

At Peace in My Space

After months of scorching 100 degree temperatures, Mother Nature decided to give So Cal a break from the heat. Today we're having a much appreciated, chilly, damp day. Since rain is in the forecast, I decided to share with you and WeWork, what I love about my work space. WeWork is a co-working company with a mission to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living. They offer shared office space all over the world, where people can work in a collaborative environment!

My home work space is within a portion of my tranquil bedroom. The center-point of my space is a sturdy, honey colored, oak wood desk that's nestled between two tall windows. My windows are covered with whisper light sheers that dance when the breeze hits them. Outside the windows I catch glimpses of bees and hummingbirds feasting on nectar from my lavender. Lush St. Augustine grass encompasses the area. I'm also fortunate to see butterflies fluttering about and landing on my roses. As I work intentionally, the sound of bird song, a dog barking in the distance, or the laughter of children exiting a school bus, occasionally penetrate the quiet.

My desk is surrounded by items that make me smile...a yellow miniature bird cage, a lovely floral desk lamp, pink flowers, a pretty Anthropologie mug to house my writing utensils, my books, feminine accessories (fabric covered and butterfly push-pins), drawings given to me by friends of So What to Twenty, a crystal clock once owned by my mother, and my Martha Stewart wall manager and bright pink day planner by Day Designer (Day Designer available at Target) keep my days organized. All of these items, plus the close proximity to nature, makes my work space cozy and inviting. I am at peace here, and because I feel at peace in my space - I am inspired. Enjoy!




 



Now that you have seen where I work, and you know I feel inspired when I'm in a cozy space, surrounded by nature, and pretty things, I ask - Have you thought much about your idea work space? If so, what is perfect for you, and why?
Stay True,

If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription and receive my  
6 Ways to Breathe Life Into Your Everyday
And please, take the time to share this post with your friends via email and other  social media platforms. Thank you!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Photographs by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty!

14 comments:

  1. I think you just encouraged me to clean up my work space, Glenda! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam! Sometimes my space gets a bit unorganized, but mostly, I keep it tidy.

      Delete
  2. Glenda, Your work space is amazing!! I am inspired.... very inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steph! I was thinking about you yesterday. I hope life is treating you well. My work space stays tidy because it takes up a portion of my bedroom. But whenever I start my day, being in this space makes me smile :)

      Delete
  3. That is a lovely area Glenda! It is so close to what I would choose/have chosen, that I could sit down and feel right at home! My own work space is in my room too, and that is because I made it beautiful so it makes me feel good and makes me smile. So I want to see it all the time. And since it is more or less "on display", I am encouraged to keep it tidy. My area is calming too, with a beachy feel to it (a nod to where I find the most peace). Also under a big window looking out on my backyard where I can see birds, butterflies, bees, and just nature. I dabble in watercolors for relaxation. Your area is a real inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen I admire you for dabbling in water colors. At one point I too tried my hand at it. I grew frustrated with it and put it down. I did manage to paint my yellow bird cage. You can see the painting hanging on my wall organizer. Ooo I love beachy themed spaces...very tranquil, indeed. I couldn't imagine working in a space without windows. The sounds, and not feeling so "in doors" is a must.

      Delete
  4. I love knowing this about you Glenda! What a happy place to be and work! I love how you descried your roses and birds, and all of the lush nature that surrounds you! Lovely things to surround yourself with, I recognize a few! I, myself, work in a closet, that in NY is called an office. Hah!
    And I share it with my hubby, so my space is rather utltiltarian, but I am glad to have it!
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elle, I imagine your work space being very chic and streamlined. Ikea has the coolest items to decorate small spaces while still keeping it very functional. I loved the peak inside your apartment. It was just how I imagined it.

      Delete
  5. Your work space is so cozy and pretty, I am also redoing my studio right now and can't wait until its done. We all need our inspirational spaces so our creative juices can flow...
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nora, I imagine your space being simply marvelous!

      Delete
  6. I am so inspired to tidy up my workspace pronto. Thanks a Bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I share the "gentlemen's room" with my husband and it is nice, but not inspiring to me. Not that it matters that much as I am completely drawn into the computer anyway. Never know whether that is good or bad.
    Your place looks lovely. I really mean that.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetje, I remember you sharing pics of the "gentlemen's room" and I loved it. I think I told you it looked like it smelled of leather, men's cologne and a touch of tobacco. Great smells and very manly.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda