9.06.2015

That's a Wrap!

If you haven't noticed, I love wearing outfits that correspond with what's going on in my life. Hence my blog tag line - Where Life and Fashion Intersect. I mean really, can a real conversation about fashion take place if we fail to incorporate what's happening in our lives? I would find it very hard to do so. You see, I consider fashion to be an extension of who I am. Like the co-star in my life story. Get the picture?

Remember the floaty, ethereal dress I wore in a post called Angelic? If you haven't seen the post, please visit the provided link by clicking Angelic. Today, I decided to rerun the dress, however, this time, I've added another dimension by layering it with a wrap. So you ask, what does this look have to do with my current life situation?...This weekend, I was able to write the final words for the last chapter in A Place Called Peace. When I finished the chapter, I joyfully yelled, "That's a Wrap!" I felt like I was floating on cloud nine and this is why I'm wearing, yet again, my floaty, ethereal dress with an added wrap.

I hope you enjoy today's look!

I look with child in this pic. It's the arch of my back and the wind underneath the dress.

Outfit Details - White strapless according pleat dress with ruffle hem from White House Black Market via eBay (strapless white dresses on Shopstyle); Oversize Scarf/Wrap: Zara (purchased some time ago); Strappy Sandals: Loft (similar black sandal by Steve Madden at Lord & Taylor); Similar ring I'm wearing at Loft in rose colored.




Similar ring at Loft in rose.


 

Soon I will have a release date for you all, along with an opportunity for you to pre-order A Place Called Peace. Enjoy the rest of your day - That's a Wrap! {wink}
Stay True,

If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription. And please, take the time to share this post with your friends via email and other social media platforms. Thank you!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Up:
Whitney Nic James
Throwback Thursday
 Fun Fashion Friday
Photographs by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty!

29 comments:

  1. Hi Glenda, congratulations on finishing you book. This dress is lovely and the wrap gives it that extra oomph. Cute sandals too. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elsie! I wanted to wear the dress again for the blog so I had to re-imagine it :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the book. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So inspired!! I have some large scarves and now know how to mix them up! I love this look!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Rebecca! I'm working hard to finish the final details :)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful outfit, I love the photos as well, especially with the background. x
    /Madison
    Paper Art

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Madison! This is one of my favorite locations. It's a vintage/art community in Southern California.

      Delete
  4. Well done on wrapping up the last chapter of your book. That must be quite a satisfying feeling. And adding the wrap to the dress is such a simple idea but so effective. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are no words to describe the joy I feel. I'm extremely happy. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Good on you!! Become a famous writer!!!
    In this outfit you look like floating indeed. Good idea to use the scarf as a top,
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe becoming famous is every writer's hope. Thank you Greetje!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations Glenda on your accomplishment. You look so beautiful in this dress and I am looking so forward to ordering your book. Excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You definitely belong on the cover of a fashion magazine. I hope you had an awesome holiday and that your son is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on finishing your book, that is indeed a big accomplishment and you deserve to celebrate and be happy and that is exactly what I get from your pictures here, you look happy and beautiful xxxNora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So summery but has a dressy feel too. I love this look. Congrats on the book!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin and yes, the dress is made of sateen, so it has an elegant feel to the fabric.

      Delete
  10. Wow! So gorgeous! What a brilliant and creative idea to add the wrap that way. Love that mural behind you too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea!!! The pretty floral looks wonderful against the pretty white pleats of your dress.

    Jennie - A Pocketful of Polka Dots

    Come join me for the Fabulous Friday Link-Up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look like an angel and the lighting and the setting couldn't be more stunning!
    Thanks for being a part of the Fun Fashion Friday & have a great weekend!
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning dress Glenda! Love the ethereal dress that is also rather dramatic !
    I am looking forward to reading your work!
    enjoy the weekend, something tells me you may need some R&R !!
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the warp gave the dress a totally different look!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you Thursday.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a neat idea. Gives a different look to the dress. Hmmmm, many things you can do with a scarf.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda