9.27.2015

Outstanding!

Outstanding:
 Something that rises above and excels others of the same kind.


Hello Friends!

Recently, Whitney from the blog - Whitney Nic James formed a Facebook group based on her ongoing series called #FearlessWoman, of which I was a part on July 15th (Here is my Fearless Woman interview). Last week, Whitney asked the Facebook group what song is currently our favorite motivational/inspirational song of the moment? My response was an old school song called Outstanding by the Gap Band (circa 1982). Each time I play it, I imagine myself strutting down a city sidewalk in a drop-dead gorgeous outfit and sexy heeled sandals with a group of distinguished, well dressed gentlemen following behind me singing this song. Yes, I'll admit, I have quite a vivid imagination.

Why I have Outstanding on repeat...
Because my editor (thank you Debby Alten of Alten Ink) just sent over the final edits for A Place Called Peace! I can't believe the process is almost complete. After an entire year of writing, re-writing and re-writing again, I'm finally at the cusp of having it published. In the picture above, my sassy feelings are depicted by having my feet encompassed in a pair of golden heeled sandals and red polished toenails kicked-up on the desk where I spent the last year toiling away. Yes, my dear friends, indeed I feel outstanding!

Soon to be released!

Here's Outstanding, the funky song that made it's debut in 1982. Enjoy!


Did you close your eyes and imagine what I described above, but for yourself? I hope so, because you should also feel Outstanding{wink}

By the way, this week I'll be working on wrapping this project up. So please, my dear friends, understand this will be my complete focus. Therefore, I will not be posting outfit stories. I'll be back Sunday with another fashion post.

 Stay True,

If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription and receive my  
6 Ways to Breathe Life Into Your Everyday
And please, take the time to share this post with your friends via email and other  social media platforms. Thank you!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also find me on the following Social Networks:

Link Ups:
Shoe & Tell
Visible Monday
Whitney Nic James
Photographs by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty!

26 comments:

  1. A huge congratulations! I am absolutely thrilled for you. And, yes, after listening I did fell outstanding as well as free, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Trina. I'm glad you feel outstanding too!

      Delete
  2. I remember that song. That is a perfect I Am Awesome strutting song. And you should be proud of yourself. A Book! A Real Live Book! By You!!! Congratulations, Glenda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grinning from ear to ear. Thank you so much Connie!

      Delete
  3. A well deserved congratulations on the writing and publishing of your book, Glenda.The song is a good one for me to start my day with a positive vibe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jill! And yes it is. It's a great motivational song.

      Delete
  4. I clearly see why you chose that song..You ought to feel outstanding - with your accomplishments. It takes a Fearless Woman to write and publish a book, all the while maintaining a balanced lifestyle. Kudos to you and keep stepping in those gold sandels. Congrats to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! As for imagining strutting down the street with a group a men following... Creepy, scary... But if they're singing and well-dressed and groomed... Well, then it's a musical.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Glenda, congratulations to you. That is quite an accomplishment to write your own book. I'm very impressed. And, got love the song Outstanding - I'm already imagining you strutting down the street with well-dressed men following you!.

    XO
    cherie
    http://www.stylenudge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the strutting song would do quite well for you, Cherie. You are outstanding! And thank you very much ;)

      Delete
  7. LOVE this song, Glenda. And thank you for sharing...must share on the group FBK page. Love the explanation. CONGRATS to you, again! Have a great a and productive week...XO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can you not like Outstanding? It is such a cool song. A real classic. Thank you my sister!

      Delete
  8. Congratulations Sis. Can't wait to read it. You are focusing your mind on a goal and going for it. Kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Outstanding on your forthcoming publication!! I sure do remember The Gap Band's "Outstanding" with fond memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Ugeena, it is a song that brings back great memories for me too. Thank you!!

      Delete
  10. Wonderful interview - you are one fabulous person, Glenda!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the glam toes in the air! Well deserved! Also love that song... I got out of my chair and starting dancing...no one is home..thank heavens..
    Congrats on the nearing completion !!! So very happy for you!
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats, Glenda! Excellent news all the way around. Pretty feet, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cover. Exciting days. Perfect sandals. As always.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover too. The artist caught my vision perfectly!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda