9.03.2015

My Secret Weapon

Truth be told, I don't have a great deal of extra money laying around to spend on clothing. When I make a purchase, it has to be clear, calculated, and something I truly love. In spite of a tight budget, I still manage to get my hands on quality pieces which would make the "I Only Buy Retail" shoppers wonder, Where did she get that?

My secret, as many of you know, lies within the power of eBay. Yes...eBay. Recently I received a comment from one of my readers which stated, "You sure do find some great things on eBay." I agree. Yes I do. My love for shopping the mega auction house began over 15 years ago. I had heard the buzz about the business, however, I didn't actually begin bidding until I found myself desperately trying to find an item which sold out in retail stores. I was in the middle of decorating a bathroom in our house. A certain shower curtain I loved from Pottery Barn was no longer available. As I stood at the cash register almost in tears, the sales associate suggested, "Why don't you try eBay?"And just like that, my love affair began. 

So I'm giving you a heads-up - on my next Periscope broadcast (slated to air on Wednesday, Sept. 16th @ 7pm pst). I'm going to reveal some of the great finds I've scored on eBay, and I'm giving you a behind the scenes look into how I make eBay work for me. I'll give you a little hint of what's to come... The Victoria Beckham fall/winter 2015 collection made me swoon. Can I afford VB? Absolutely not. But that didn't stop me from scoring merchandise which looked as if it stepped off her runway. Here are a few looks from the Beckham collection which inspired me. Notice the clean lines, the asymmetrical hem and the mid-calf boots.

{Source: Vogue Runway)

{Source: Vogue Runway)

{Source: Vogue Runway)


Tune in on September 16th and I'll show you how I made those three details come alive. In the meantime, enjoy the Victoria Beckham f/w '15 runway show. And by the way, yes, I found the shower curtain (and a ton of other things) on eBay{wink}



Stay True,

If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription. And please, take the time to share this post with your friends via email and other social media platforms. Thank you!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:

Photographs by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty!

12 comments:

  1. Well they didn't call her Posh for nothing! Absolutle swoon-worthy collection. Let's hope for that El Niño. Lots of needed moisture and a chance to wear wintery clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping for a nice cool fall, Connie. I once loved the heat, but as I get older, I find it harder to deal with. Besides, I'm really looking forward to wearing fall clothing.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for addressing the eBay issue! I have used it for some antiques and one fabulous Irish fisherman's sweater, but would like to use it like you do. I will definitely tune in to that broadcast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. I hope you find the information useful!

      Delete
  3. I adore VB! If only I could, I would buy the whole collection. Love also this very elegant but clear line... absolutely beautiful! I´m not often on eBay, have to look a little bit deeper! ;-)

    have a good time and a successful shopping
    Dana :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, as Connie mentioned above, this collection is swoon-worthy. Give eBay a deeper look. It's a treasure trove of great finds!

      Delete
  4. I am not sure if you got my comment ..
    so,,
    I can not wait for the post on the 16th! I also love eBay , and i adore VB. There are so many great shoportunities these days, and Ebay is old reliable .. but you do have to be savvy to make it work well, and you must have good style..and those two things define you!
    Stay cool inSoCal Glenda!
    xx, elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still waiting for your eBay knowledge, Elle! I hope it comes soon ;)

      Delete
  5. Oh that off-white dress, lovely. I have some trouble adapting to the boots. To me they look like socks and you know my love is not with socks. Probably when the trend stops, I will adopt it.
    Ebay for me in The Netherlands doesn't work really. And the Dutch equivalent (Marktplaats) doesn't hold many good finds. Or I am bad at finding them.
    You explain it to me in Periscope. Please also tell me how do I know it will fit me? Can I send it back?
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I guess they do look similar to socks. I didn't see it at first. But for some reason, I like the look a great deal. You can shop internationally on eBay. But yes, I hope to cover the question about fit, returns, etc.

      Delete
  6. Love your blog! When I want an out-of-my comfort-zone-money item, I enter the exact item and size in the eBay "Watch" service. It took about 8 months but recently I landed a $350 blouse I craved for $35 with eBay watch. Ahhh, fashion! It can drive you crazy. I had earlier found the $350 blouse marked down to $225 at Nordstrom, bought it and took it home...then I smacked myself in the forehead and took it back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LornaMi, I am so with you. eBay has such incredible finds. It is a treasure trove. I have a really hard time paying full price for anything. Call it wisdom ;)
      And I'm so glad to read you love So What to Twenty. Thank you!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda