9.09.2015

It's a Cinch

I once heard a fashion insider make the following statement in regards to deciding what to wear...

"It's a cinch - When you can't decide what to wear, 
just put on three of your favorite pieces and 
you're bound to come up with a look you love." 

I decided to put her practice to work when lately, with being focused on so many other happenings in my life (ahem - A Place Called Peace), I was actually stumped on what to present on the blog. So I decided to pull the 'favorite three' trick and grabbed my favorite white button-up, royal blue midi, and my sandals of the year. To give the look an added punch, I tied the three pieces together by cinching my waist with an awesome cummerbund styled belt from Anthropologie. I hope you enjoy the look as much as I enjoyed wearing it!


Outfit Details - White Button-up with Puff Sleeves: Anthropologie (Cute Puff Sleeve top from ROMWE); Custom made royal blue midi skirt (Blue Midi by Catherine Malandrino other blue midi skirts on Shopstyle); Cummerbund Fabric Cinch Belt: Anthropologie (Sold Out. Cummerbund belt at Amazon Fashion); Tie-up Sandals by Bernardo Vintage Couture (Tie-up Sandals at Topshop)


 
  


 

Am I happy with the results of the 'favorite three' concept in dressing? Yes, I'm very pleased. What was created, surprisingly had a touch of all three of my fashion personalities - the Classic, the Bohemian or Southwestern, combined with a touch of Quirk. It's a cinch to create ensembles in this fashion, as long as you're wardrobe consists of items you love and represent who you are {wink}

Stay True,

If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription. And please, take the time to share this post with your friends via email and other social media platforms. Thank you!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Ups:
Throwback Thursday
Fun Fashion Friday
Photographs by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty!

26 comments:

  1. I never thought to do this. It makes a lot of sense, and I suspect it helps if a lot of wardrobe items go with a lot more wardrobe items! I try to shop deliberately so everything new goes with much of what I have. So I'm going to give this concept a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Karen - it helps to have many wardrobe items that go together. I also shop deliberately buy selecting items which will go with three things I already own. It makes for a perfectly curated closet.

      Delete
  2. Glenda, you look gorgeous. I love a classic white button down shirt and they always look great with just about anything. I love how you paired yours with a bold cobalt blue and balanced it with neutral sandals. Perfection. I really love those sandals and they look very comfortable

    http://www.foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LV! I have really taken a liking to the cobalt blue over the past years. I accumulated quite a few items in this color. There's something about wearing cognac with white and royal. It looks delicious together.

      Delete
  3. Just lovely, Glenda! Great sandals too!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Whitney. For sure my sandals of the year :)

      Delete
  4. Aren't you a clever little girl!! Lovely outfit. Especially the waist solutions are very good. Well done Glenda.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Greetje. Anthropologie always has the most interesting belts. I wish I could have them all.

      Delete
    2. I went into Anthropologie in Vancouver in July. But it was the time of the sales, and I am no good in sales times. So I quickly went out again. And my hopes were so high.

      Delete
  5. There is something rather Audrey Hepburn in Italy about this. Blue is your color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yes...Roman Holiday. I should be riding on a Vespa :)

      Delete
  6. Great outfit! The belt is such a great statement to the outfit.

    Alice
    www.happpinessatmidlife.com

    Would love to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice, I agree, the belt gives it an dimension, indeed.

      Delete
  7. Love this outfit on you and the skirt is just Royal. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Ms. Neti! I feel like a princess in it :)

      Delete
  8. Happy you should be , a great combination Glenda . Love the cumberband , your waist is tiny.
    Always so rewarding to use what we already own and change it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jill. I agree, it's very satisfying to open your closet to shop.

      Delete
  9. That blue in that skirt is amazing! You look beautiful as always, Glenda!
    Thanks so much for being a part of the Fun Fashion Friday link up party!
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  10. now that is superb advice and super tweet able! You look gorgeous in these 3 well chosen pieces. Love the royal blue skirt, and also the way the photos show the matching blue sky... All of the details are stunning!
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great style! Love the blue and the classy but still fun vibe. :)

    Take care and keep in touch!
    Please stop by every Wednesday for Color and Grace Fashion link up! :)

    Grace
    http://colorandgrace.com 

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda