9.16.2015

Bend It Fashionably Like Beckham

Last night at The Intersection, we had a grand time talking about eBay! I shared my favorite eBay wins/purchases, divulged some of my secrets to finding great merchandise at the mega auction house, as well as sent the participants the So What to Twenty: eBay Strategies for a Winning Wardrobe. For today, I'm wearing two of my latest eBay acquisitions. If you recall from the post My Secret Weapon, I shared my love for the Victoria Beckham fall/winter '15 collection, and made mention of the asymmetrical hem and mid-calf boots. Since I don't have tons of money to spend on clothing, I often search within the world of eBay to create the look for less. Shot against the periphery of ThreeForty in the Art District, the blue skies combined with gray and white clouds, made a picture perfect backdrop for the color palette in today's look. I hope you enjoy my Bend It Fashionably Like Beckham interpretation.

Oh yes, I've decided to no longer post the videos from The Intersection onto the blog, and reserve this special time for those who decide to join me live. If you're interested in seeing the rerun, Periscope holds the video for 24 hours.


 
Outfit Details: Skirt by Anne Klein Seville Row Collection via eBay; Gianni Bini Mid Calf Boots via eBay (There are still available sizes from various auctioneers); T-Shirt purchased from Kohl's; Crystal Pendant Necklace: Ann Taylor Loft; Silhouette Crystal Watch by Citizens

{Source: Vogue Runway}

A closer look at the gathering and drape detail

 
 




You don't have to spend loads of money to create a fashionable look. My entire ensemble cost me less than $150. With eBay, you don't have to skimp on quality if you're strategic and have an eye for well-made pieces. You'll look like you stepped off the soccer field runway{wink}

One last thing. I'm now a contributor to Midlife Boulevard. You probably noticed the logo on my side bar. Here is the link to my latest Midlife Boulevard write-up called, I Embraced My Silver Hair. Enjoy!
Stay True,

If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription. And please, take the time to share this post with your friends via email and other social media platforms. Thank you!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Ups:
Fun Fashion Friday
Throwback Thursday
Photographs by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty!

26 comments:

  1. Glenda I just love this interpretation. I love the Cut of the skirt and I also love that it is muted in color. The inspiration is defibras well. I downloaded the periscope app But I was not able to find you. I searched by locale and there were 33 posts in the Los Angeles area can you give me any pointers? I really want to see it.
    I agree completely about your shopping method via eBay. A good eye is all it takes to save a lot of cash. You have chosen some beauties !
    XOXO, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elle, my Periscope name is @sowhattotwenty. Search it and you'll find tonight's broadcast. They keep it for 24 hours. I'm in love with this Beckhamesque skirt. The cut and draping makes it fun. I'm proud of my look for less :)

      Delete
  2. I was able to see the periscope Presentation and it was very very good. I was inspired by all of your pieces especially your shoes and bags. It was great of you to share how to sell through eBay. I don't know how to comment yet but I was able to send a lot of little hearts going your way. XOXO, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hoped you would have joined the live discussion. I was waiting to hear your expertise on purchasing fine jewelry.

      Delete
  3. Great styling Glenda, love the skirt and way you put this together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicolene. The skirt makes a great statement on its own. Not much styling needed.

      Delete
  4. This is a stunning outfit Glenda! So like the runway picture you show here, and the drape of the skirt is a very slimming look, I think. I love it! The boots are perfect with this. You sure nailed this one! I enjoyed the Intersection (as always) and have spent some time today thinking about my searches, and will have some fun with it filling in wardrobe gaps via eBay. I have only used it (to date) for non-clothing items, but I'm going to be having some fun with this! You had very good tips and I'm anxious to get started. (Can't do this from work for obvious reasons!! : ) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karen! I love sharing information and felt very relaxed. Maybe I'm finally getting comfortable with Periscope. Just remember to check the sellers rating and you'll be fine. Did I send you the tips? If not, give me your email and I'll send them to you. This skirt...wow! Karen I love it. It makes a statement alone.

      Delete
  5. Love how you've interpreted the look. I actually like it more than the model. Ebay is great for finding pieces. If you're canny with your shopping, your money can go a long way. I've found some great stuff on there. The last photo made me chuckle. You definitely scored the winning goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!:Yes, I was bending like Beckham. I agree, eBay is a treasure trove. But you must be sensible or you'll spend unnecessary funds. Shhh, don't tell anyone...I kind of like my look better too :)

      Delete
  6. I love that assymetrical skirt and how you have styled it with a simple tee and thos great boots, what a fab look Glenda!
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nora. I think I'll wear it during Los Angeles Fadhion Week. If weather permits.

      Delete
  7. Lovely skirt and I'm a huge fan of eBay for building a wardrobe. Great deals and steals!

    ~Whitney 'Nic' James

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great look, I have never purchased any clothing on eBay, my son, however, is a Sneakerhead and makes a lot of $ flipping sneakers. I love the soccer theme and congrats on the new writing gig. Midlife Blvd is a wonderful group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A sneaker flipper, wow, who knew. Very clever indeed.

      Delete
  9. It is a beautiful look Glenda. I love being inspired by a photo and then searching for deals on creating the look for myself. It's the challenge and the "score" that really thrills me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was once a show called The Look For Less that aired on the now debunked Style network. I loved that show. But I agree, Joni, it is fun searching and creating. I always have such pride in what I come up with.

      Delete
  10. You look gorgeous! I just love the outfit, and the addition of the football made me chuckle!
    Suzy x
    www.suzyturner.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great interpretation of the catwalk look, Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I wish we had Ebay the way you do. I looked whether we have ebay.nl and to my surprise, we do have it. Total crap (excusez moi the language).
    This look is perfect. Never liked those mid calf boots. Now I do.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I changed your idea about the boots :)

      Delete
  13. Love this amazing look, Glenda! So chic! Thanks for being a part of Fun Fashion Friday. Hope your weekend has been fab!

    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glenda - what a wonderful interpretation of the outfit at a fraction of the cost. I love the look of asymmetrical clothes (Sylvia at 40+ fashion has a fabulous collection) but I find it very hard for me to wear. I think because I like things to be balanced and it feels off to me.

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you Thursday.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. amazing boots looked so beautiful and also i like more the place where you too this picture
    Argan Oil Wholesale

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda