9.13.2015

107 Degrees in the Shade

While many have had the opportunity to dip themselves into the pre-fall collections, I, on the other hand, have been dealing with the extreme, late summer heat of Southern California. To give you a taste of what I'm experiencing, after one of my son's football games, I suffered from extreme heat exhaustion. While walking to our vehicle - I fainted. Yep, according to my family I landed smack dab onto the scorching hot pavement. The next thing I knew, I was being checked by paramedics with a swarm of parents standing around. Forget about me for a second...I felt sorry for the kids playing football with all the equipment they wear. Yikes! 

So, as you can imagine, the thought of wearing sweaters, wool, leather, and other fabrics associated with fall, are the farthest from my mind. Instead, my choices continue to be shorts, flip-flops, and of course - summer dresses. When it's 107 degrees in the shade, the idea of getting dressed can be daunting. For myself, layers are out of the question. The least amount of fabric as possible (without getting arrested for incident exposure). The good thing about living in Southern California when it comes to fall fashion - by the time it's cool enough to wear them, the stores have already begun marking the merchandise down.

For today, it is, yet again, in the triple digits, and I have selected to wear my favorite pair of Via Spiga caged shoes and an easy linen/cotton blend dress (I purchased earlier this summer) from Lou & Grey. If you shop Ann Taylor Loft, you're probably quite familiar with Lou & Grey. Here in So Cal, Lou & Grey stores have been opening in very strategic locations which correspond with the feel of their organic, zen-like brand. I've told many, in regards to my Lou & Grey shopping experience, "I felt like I had a massage after shopping in the store." I hope you enjoy this easy look which is perfect for 107 degrees in the shade.


Outfit Details - Racerback Linen/Cotton Dress: Lou & Grey; Via Spiga Caged Shoes (check out the Resort Sandal by Topshop); Vintage Scarf tied around the wrist; Nail Polish is Shiny Rubin by Alessandro


 



 

For your listening pleasure, an apropos smooth jazz tune by Alex Bugnon called, 107 Degrees in the Shade. Enjoy!



Enjoy your week and if you're in the Southwest Region of the States - Try to stay cool {wink}

Stay True,

If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription. And please, take the time to share this post with your friends via email and other social media platforms. Thank you!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Up:
Shoe & Tell
Visible Monday
Whitney Nic James
Photographs by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty!

25 comments:

  1. So jealous of your sunshine Glenda. That is one seriously gorgeous look girl x
    Lyn
    Www.thelavenderbarn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynda, thank you, and I'm happy to report - Today (Tuesday) we are having rain...glorious, much needed rain. I'm doing the happy dance :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Ms Neti. It was my summer "Go To" dress.

      Delete
  3. Great to see you again, Glenda - and looking cool and chic as always. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see the post which means you are okay. I love this dress. This is such a stylish COOL look for your temps. You look cool in spite of the heat. I am no fan of cold weather and feel a little envious. I see all too well what is coming out my way and would love to have occasion to wear that dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. The heat was overwhelming this year. But I'm happy to report it is raining today (Tuesday).

      Delete
  5. I honestly don't think I'd be leaving the house when it's that hot outside. I'm surprised people just don't start spontaneously combusting!

    I'm glad you didn't seriously hurt yourself when you fainted.

    Your style hasn't suffered for the heat.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne, you would think I'd be use to it since I've lived here my entire life. This year was exceptionally hot. If I didn't have to leave the house, I most likely wouldn't.

      Delete
    2. And thank you for your kind words :)

      Delete
  6. You look so lovely in this dress. I'm so sorry about the heat and your heat exhaustion experience. That must have been scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was more embarrassing then anything, Amy. Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Super cute look! Glad you're okay. Living in Vegas now, I get to experience the 100+ weeks of heat too...Yay me?!?
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darlene! Yikes - Vegas! We go quite frequently and sometimes I feel like I'm suffocating.

      Delete
  8. Oh Glenda! I am glad that you are OK after all. Heat can be so dangerous, really. I am so glad I live here where the idea of a hot day is 80 F (though even here we had 106 F a few summers ago). You look gorgeous in this dress, simply gorgeous. Great photos, as always. Love your silver curls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalia. We went on a photo adventure with this shoot. We've discovered some really cool locations within the local universities. 80 is the perfect temperature for me.

      Delete
  9. So sorry to hear about your heat exhaustion. NYC has been pretty hot but no where like California. In any case you look wonderful and "cool as a cucumber" in these photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebecca. It was more embarrassing then anything.

      Delete
  10. OY VEY, I am so glad to not be in this heat anymore. You are the only woman who could look so incredibly chic in that hot of weather!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glenda, that is the perfect hot weather dress - so cool. And, those caged heels are fabulous, of course!
    It is feeling like fall lately and I'm loving it.

    Took a break from blogging for a while, so I haven't been visiting my favorite blogs much, but I'm back!!!

    Cherie
    http://www.stylenudge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back from your break. I hope you're well rested.

      Delete
  12. Hey, Glenda! Yikes, lady ... heat prostration in SoCal! Hope that's a one shot thing and that you are well and COOLER! Know what you mean about the kids in the heat ... glad I'm not the mother of a young footballer. You look beautiful in your light and airy dress, Miss Legs. They go on forever! Your always spot on minimalist styling works yet again.
    We're cooling off a little early here, and I wish you rain without floods and cooler days soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan! Where have you been? I'll take the cooler days. What a hot summer we had. Typical California. The trick of the camera makes my legs look long. I'm quite short. Yes, this dress, I wear it often.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda