8.16.2015

Vogue's Secret Weapon

Myself seated at the University

Hello Friends!

A quick update on this week's blogging and Periscope schedule. I will be preoccupied getting my oldest ready for his move into the University, all while celebrating his birthday. I foresee this being a very emotional time for myself and my entire family. Therefore, I am taking this week off from producing content for So What to Twenty and The Intersection. However I might pop on Periscope (@SoWhattoTwenty) for a very small broadcast, and as always, you can catch me on Instagram. As you can imagine, my mind will be on other things.

In the meantime, I would like to share a HBO Documentary I watched called In Vogue: The Editor's Eye. I was happy to find the complete documentary on YouTube (except for a very small portion toward the end). The documentary gives an up close look into the history and role of Vogue's Fashion Editors from the oldest living (Babs Simpson) through the year 2012. It is a fascinating look into how these creative geniuses are able to create such iconic, and often thought provoking fashion images which allow us to fantasize and dream through their eyes. 

With appearances from Vogue's Editor-in-Chief, Anna Wintour, and Creative Director, Grace Coddington, you'll also see a brief interview from the behemoth of fashion editing - Diane Vreeland. I have always gleaned from the fashion knowledge of Ms. Polly Mellon (read about her career in Interview Magazine), who was the Fashion Editor the year I was born, 1966 (who doesn't remember a nude Nastassja Kinski with a snake wrapped seductively around her body). I was completely thrilled to see Ms. Mellen in the documentary as well. Enough of my talk. Watch the show and you'll understand why Fashion Editors are deemed Vogue's Secret Weapon. Enjoy!


Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription. And please, take the time to share this post with your friends via email and other social media platforms. Thank you!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:

Photographs by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds intriguing. Have an awesome week with the family!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes as you go through this time of transition. You are wise to focus on your family and getting your son settled in. Sending prayers a good wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this should be very interesting. Will get my cuppa coffee and watch. Glad you found it.
    http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to seeing this tonight. ! I am checking in to say hello, My son is home tonight, so I feel you. ( he is not on his second year of a 6 year doctoral program) but the separating is always keen.. that never changes, funny, huh?
    I am interested in very interested in seeing this about Vogue.
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched the program when it aired on HBO. As a matter of fact I recorded it and watched it again and it is still saved. As a Fashion Collage graduate from the 80's myself I could definitely relate to the show.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda